Yesterday...And Today [Box Set] (DPRO-79964)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
HenryTheHorse

Re: Yesterday...And Today [Box Set] (DPRO-79964)

Post by HenryTheHorse »

Kwai Chang wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:12 pm
HenryTheHorse wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:11 pm Thanks for the upload Mrbeatleg! :D From what I understand, the 3 mono "Revolver" tracks on this Y&T release won't be released on the upcoming Revolver boxset which is a shame since they are unique mixes with extra stuff found nowhere else. They surely could have fit them on the short session discs! :x
My own instincts are telling me that this will ALL slide seamlessly into Giles turning left at Greenland in the year 2024 or 25 when he starts a catalog treatment based on Dave Dexter Forensics, Cartoon Series Anomalies, and Swan, ATCO, MGM, Tollie, Vee Jay missteps. The unintentional highlights of which might be a comprehensive detailing of this very Y&T box and some predictable spotlights such as The Beatles Story(Box???) and a psychoanalysis of why ANYONE would want to be born in the U.S. after 1960. I know I wouldn't!
Just a random blip on my radar tracking superfluous hyperbole (File Under: File Under)...
After all, Dave Dexter, Jr. was just an early version of Giles!
Blame it on Groove Width and its direct relationship to reverb, chorus, echo and dead-baby jokes!
That ain't funny!
The decision will be finalized with a dartboard.
2 out of 3?
As long as it's magical!
Thanks, friends!
KC
:lol:

Very honored to have a response to my quote from you! It's a much more colorful way to comment on the obvious: yes, Dave Dexter, Jr. is Giles Martin in drag! :lol:
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

One of my favorite album covers of all time. Very disappointed I was never able to find an original. It's great that these outtakes surfaced.
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Been away for some weeks so missed some great stuff. Any chance of a re-up?

Thank you.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 pm Been away for some weeks so missed some great stuff. Any chance of a re-up?

Thank you.
Link valid 4 weeks hxxps://we.tl/t-4VdYD4qAi6
Yves
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

zappaf78 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:22 pm Image
Righteously turned ON!
Man, you have your fingers on the pulse of this phenomenon.
This is Consecration, itself.
To the Communion Rail we go!
Thank you, ever so kindly!
Everywhere it's Pantomime
Everywhere it's Magic!
KC
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

This is just a comment I wrote in the "Revolver 2022... it's ON!" thread an hour ago. I thought it should be included here as well, so that the relationship of each to the other might be better illustrated. Remember, The Beatles are not to be confused with any other entity. Fifty years from now, our amazement will still be growing. Typically, the search for Immortality results in Reality. This story won't end like that. This story has no end.
Call it...
No! Ask yourself...
Impossible
or,
I'm possible?
KC
Kwai Chang wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:07 pm
Carose wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:28 pm ...why didn't the powers that be include an LP of Yesterday...and Today with the original butcher cover that would have been the highlight for the songs "I'm Only Sleeping , Doctor Robert, And Your Bird Can Sing" instead of the 45 E.P., in my opinion, that would have been an insatiable draw to the first generation fans like myself...
That, my friend, is a beautiful idea. After all, the Y&T album is a REVOLVER footnote/sidebar that played a huge role in the ultimate causality that could only be described as marketing/promotional alchemy. The only real question is whether Capitol deserved all of the credit or was the transmutation a combined effort that somehow included EMI supervision/approval. It's undeniable that we are witnessing the final batch of elixir from Hollywood & Vine that would exhibit the staggering properties that surpass all expectations and prove that ripples can travel the width of an ocean. It's the most clever form of cross promotion ever devised. Symbiotic, synergistic yet, merely symbolic but for the scissors used to cut the pieces. Forget the nonsense about recalled LPs. There were no first state anything. The Y&T album was shipped with both covers in place from day one. Yawwwwwn.
Wake me up when Mr. Livingston throws out the first 'pitch'! We are distilling the essence of marketing and this batch will require an American Summer that will end on Aug 29 and a slight overlap that will resemble a trampoline. Brilliant damned strategy. But, it's 2022 and if the gears were actually engaged, would such an SDE include a stereo, a mono, or a Capitol Record Club edition of said potion?
Peace, everyone!
The Beginning...
KC