steepien's mixes | Let Me Roll It [Both Vocals]

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Mr Bump

Re: I Remember Jeep [Much More Moog Mix]

Post by Mr Bump »

steepien wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:47 pm Anyway, here's a version of "I Remember Jeep" from George's Apple Jam, but with the Electronic Sound portions faded up throughout the whole song.
So do you reckon this is using samples from the Electronic Sound album? I don't instantly recognise the Moog parts but it's a pretty hard album to sit through, listening intently. I wonder if these aren't just similar doodles using the Moog settings?
steepien

Post by steepien »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:39 am "Psyché Rock" - Pierre Henry made the electronic sounds (sounds like "Forbidden Planet" (the good old SFi movie) - Messe pour le temps présent is more like musique "contemporaine", the music of these "songs" were composed by M.Colombier.
I think that for "Futurama" series by Matt Groening they used "Psyché Rock" and do a remake of this theme for the intro of this serie.
The way George put some electronic sound over a guitar jam with him and Clapton which sounds brilliant, even if "Psyché Rock" sounds now very cheesy... quoique :mrgreen:
Wow that's a neat track! I love Futurama so I can't believe I've never heard it before. Thanks for sharing :)
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:39 am "One Of These Days" is one of my favorite song too (it's not exactly the same thing than the Pink Floyd song with Nick Mason on vocals :mrgreen: )
but my favorite and perhaps one of my top-5 McCartney post-Beatles song is "Waterfalls". Now that the Dolby Atmos mix is out perhaps there is something to do a different mix.
Yeah I'm really curious how much can be done with those Dolby Atmos stems. A single-tracked "Waterfalls" could be interesting. The Atmos version of "One of These Days" also has an inhale from Paul right at the beginning, which the stereo doesn't. It's small but I'd love to add that to my mix. Unfortunately I haven't gotten my hands on any of the Dolby Atmos mixes yet. Hopefully some day!
Last edited by steepien on Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
steepien

Post by steepien »

Mr Bump wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:15 pm So do you reckon this is using samples from the Electronic Sound album? I don't instantly recognise the Moog parts but it's a pretty hard album to sit through, listening intently. I wonder if these aren't just similar doodles using the Moog settings?
It's definitely taken straight from Electronic Sound. When you speed up the track 0.901% it lines up exactly with "I Remember Jeep".

I didn't listen to "No Time or Space" all the way through (because, no thanks lol), but I found the right segment by jumping around, trying to find a distinct sound I could use to line everything up. The first one I identified was what sounds almost like a Yoko Ono impression, located at 15:50 of "No Time or Space" and 5:21 of "Jeep".
Last edited by steepien on Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

steepien wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:06 pm
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:39 am "Psyché Rock" - Pierre Henry made the electronic sounds (sounds like "Forbidden Planet" (the good old SFi movie) - Messe pour le temps présent is more like musique "contemporaine", the music of these "songs" were composed by M.Colombier.
I think that for "Futurama" series by Matt Groening they used "Psyché Rock" and do a remake of this theme for the intro of this serie.
The way George put some electronic sound over a guitar jam with him and Clapton which sounds brilliant, even if "Psyché Rock" sounds now very cheesy... quoique :mrgreen:
Wow that's a neat track! I love Futurama so I can't believe I've never heard it before. Thanks for sharing :)
you got a PM (for "Waterfalls").
Well, "Messe pour le temps présent" was an LP : the first side was some "pop-electronic" almost always instrumental "songs like "Psyché Rock" (which was a hit at the time in France, that's why I wonder if George was influenced by this album, even though the release date was almost the same time (1969 for the album, perhaps earlier for the single); but George was before into Moogs and electronic music and on some great songs (Here Comes The Sun).
Pierre Henry did the electronic parts/effects whilst Colombier compose the music. Check youtube you can listen to some other "songs" from the first side like "Jericho", etc...
The second side of the LP is some musique contemporaine; the ballet was conducted by Maurice Béjart.
steepien

The Long One [Outtakes Vsn] + Helter Skelter [Anthology Edit in Stereo]

Post by steepien »

Won't have my main computer for a week or so, so here's a couple tracks in the meantime.

------------------------------------------------------------
This a recreation of Helter Skelter's mono Anthology edit, using the stereo mix from the White Album SDE. Concise, but in stereo. The best of both versions!

This is all of the medley outtakes from the Abbey Road box set, edited together in the style of the final medley.

Takes included are:
- You Never Give Me Your Money [Take 36]
- Sun King / Mean Mr. Mustard [Take 20]
- Polythene Pam / Bathroom Window [Take 27]
- Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight [Take 2]
- The End [Take 3]
- Her Majesty [Take 2]

Probably already been done, but it was fun to put together nonetheless.
Last edited by steepien on Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTL1210

Re: The Long One [Outtakes Vsn] + Helter Skelter [Anthology Edit in Stereo]

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you .....
glassonion

Post by glassonion »

I christen this small collection of tracks:

"I REMEMBER JEEP WROTE "SOMETHING" ON A BONE-SHAPED GUITAR ONE HELTER SKELTER DAY IN THE ALLEY BEHIND THE INDIAN RESTAURANT" (EP)
glassonion

Post by glassonion »

The following excerpt was taken from Pete Townshend's dog, Spot's personal memoirs from late 1973. He was an old mutt who'd seen it all.

"Jeep's writing became much more introspective after his "rock & roll vet" slipped Lysergic acid diethylamide into his kibble. (This same vet would later turn Mr. Ed on to Ketamine.)

His part-time collaboration with Martha stalled when she refused his advances to turn on. Months later, he's sitting in his den watching telly with Jeff Beck's dog, Tinker. When who does he see? None other than Martha's shaggy ass on the news spillin' her guts about turnin' on twice. One of Steve Marriot's seventeen Border Collies supposedly overheard Martha at a party telling lies about Ronnie Wood's German shepherd, Scratch, abusing mescaline and trying to f*ck one of Marianne Faithfull's pigmy hippos. Good thing Mick's dog, Arthur, bless him, came home in time. Poor sod found his dog house in a wreck and the satin sheets covered in piss. He separated Scratch from the hippopotamus and then carried him home. A little bird told me (Nicky Hopkins' parrakeet) the dog catcher's had his eye on poor Scratch ever since. The press picked up wind of the sensation also. Rumor has it, one of the neighbor's tom-cats has been taking lots and lots of pictures. He may need to reach out to Robert Stigwood's poodle, Grace, she bailed Brian Jones'' chimpanzee out of a Chinese internment camp after he snuck a little smack into the country and sold it to an undercover policeman's horse. Word has it Mick wrote "Wild Horses" about the affair. His mate, "Dunston the Dealer", sadly never made it out of China. Word has it, his balls were ground into powder and used in traditional medicine for treating some limp-dicked Chinaman. Poor sod.

Brian went out and bought a new monkey. His new friend would spend his days in the swimming pool. Sadly, one day the grounds-keeper arrived to find them both lying dead in the pool. The coroner concluded, Brian, upon noticing his struggling companion, jumped in to save the little guy and drowned. The word mourned their loss but relatives at The London Zoo seemed particularly effected by the loss. In tribute, for months the Stones' music could be heard coming from inside the primate enclosure.

It would be the doves in the aviary, so moved by Brian's heroism, who would show their support by appearing alongside his former bandmates at their show at Hyde Park. Keith was particularly moved by their generosity. A defining moment in interspecies collaboration would occur in the wake of the eulogy. The birds (with Mick's assistance) scattered magnificently towards the sun in act of symbolic reverence. Each pigeon was paid £50 for their work plus free security provided by the Hell's Angels. However, it was one bird named Lawrence that would, ultimately, form the closest of bonds. Bill Wyman, reportedly, shared the deepest connection with his feathered companion. Lawrence followed the Stones around the world for many years.
Either soaring above a travelling tour bus or flying outside their private jet. Lawrence's time with the Stones couldn't last forever. It was in the South of France where Lawrence, ultimately, died of a heroin overdose and was buried in a box behind the villa. Bill Wyman, reportedly, wept.

Pilgrimages to his gravesite occur regularly. Mostly rebellious fledglings, interested in the Stones' rich ornithological history, often stop in to pay their respects on their way south for the winter.

-Spot (late '73)

P.S. I must go now, I hear a commotion down stairs. Keith Moon's brought along his Galapagos tortoise and Robert Whitaker wants some pictures of us all riding the old bastard down Carnaby Street.

Cheers."

UPDATE: I had to add a few things here and there.
RLester

Post by RLester »

This was such a great share (the alternate version of the Abbey Road Medley) - to my limited experience anyway - thanks very much!

steepien wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:21 pm Won't have my main computer for a week or so, so here's a couple tracks in the meantime.

This a recreation of Helter Skelter's mono Anthology edit, using the stereo mix from the White Album SDE. Concise, but in stereo. The best of both versions!

Expires Sept. 13
hxxps://we.tl/t-8xLKXhRrhW

This is all of the medley outtakes from the Abbey Road box set, edited together in the style of the final medley.

Takes included are:
- You Never Give Me Your Money [Take 36]
- Sun King / Mean Mr. Mustard [Take 20]
- Polythene Pam / Bathroom Window [Take 27]
- Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight [Take 2]
- The End [Take 3]
- Her Majesty [Take 2]

Probably already been done, but it was fun to put together nonetheless.

Expires Sept. 13
hxxps://we.tl/t-TpK4Zn4Jgw
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thank you so much for "The Long One" teepien. They should have released it like that on the Abbey Road official SDE box set.
Love so much this epic medley (which influenced a lot Queen for their first albums) and non less than two cover-albums by Booker T and the other one by George Benson (both magnificent) came out just after the release of Abbey Road.

I love particularly McCartney "désenchantée" voice on "You Never Give Me Your Money", the almost instrumental Sun King emphasize the clin d'œil to Peter Green/Fleetwood's Man's Albatross; and Ringo is drumming like Moonie (this track is just insane) on "Polythene Pam" (I remember John's laughing during the sessions thinking he was recording Tommy album)