(OUTDATED) Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
foolonthepill

Re: Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Nagra Remaster (work in progress)

Post by foolonthepill »

iPanggo wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:59 pm
cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:27 pm How do I download this?
Just click the column icon. it will take you to the archive page
Awright, I give up.
From where can I download this project?
'Click the column icon' - What column icon?
I checked this site https://archive.org/ but cannot find anything.
All help is appreciated as I'd really love to hear some of it.
Thanks in advance.
iPanggo

Re: Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Post by iPanggo »

Sorry to let you down but, the project is not finished!
What I was referring to is the BETA of the project that I compiled myself back in 2022, however I removed it from archive.org, I even wrote it on the first post.
This is simply because the BETA only served to see the feedback of the community. The final project is still in the works, expected release is early 2024.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

iPanggo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:01 pm Sorry to let you down but, the project is not finished!
What I was referring to is the BETA of the project that I compiled myself back in 2022, however I removed it from archive.org, I even wrote it on the first post.
This is simply because the BETA only served to see the feedback of the community. The final project is still in the works, expected release is early 2024.
I can’t wait to hear the results!
Cheers
Mike
foolonthepill

Post by foolonthepill »

iPanggo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:01 pm Sorry to let you down but, the project is not finished!
Thanks a lot for your kind reply.
I thought it was only me who couldn't figure out anything.
Keep up the good work.
I'm very much looking forward to it in the new year.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

iPanggo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:01 pmexpected release is early 2024.
January 2? :lol:

In all honesty though, I probably won't give it a full listen right away since I pretty much just finished listening to the whole thing via the Yellow Dog/Unicorn sets. But as soon as I've been able to forget Yoko's screaming, I'll go for another run using your set.
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

Tolvo wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:41 pm
iPanggo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:01 pmexpected release is early 2024.
January 2? :lol:

In all honesty though, I probably won't give it a full listen right away since I pretty much just finished listening to the whole thing via the Yellow Dog/Unicorn sets. But as soon as I've been able to forget Yoko's screaming, I'll go for another run using your set.
That's pretty understandable lol, listening to the whole Get Back sessions is an enourmous challenge, I'm amazed that you managed to do that by listening to separate A and B recorders with all of the duplicated material!
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

I only listened to some of the B stuff where it was more or less unique. But yeah... (Fascinating but) frustrating listen either way.
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

Tolvo wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:09 pm I only listened to some of the B stuff where it was more or less unique. But yeah... (Fascinating but) frustrating listen either way.
Listening to the Get Back Sessions can be indeed very frustrating and a very deep thing. Still, I think it's a very reccomendated thing to do it. Get Back is not a very reliable source as it's very hyper-edited (Looking at you, weirdos at youtube who hyperanalize everything) even if it gets the general outlook very good.
Golem

Post by Golem »

It really is the ultimate "fly on the wall" experience, you honestly don't truely get what that means until you've experienced the full set, until you've sat through 20 straight minutes of barely audible dialogue. It's not always amazing stuff, but it's very real
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

UPDATE 31/01/2024

So, it's been a while, and I took a full month break while keeping an eye to fellow member emptyspotlight, who decided to do a full listening of the pre-release set as a challenge. He did notice a few small errors which I quickly fixed.

As usual, here's another discovery: the January 20th test tape is, well, not from January 20th! After some investigation, we determined that it's most likely a leftover from the February sessions, since the DLMD performance heard is the single version which was played in the 28th. As such, this 48 second piece of audio will be discarded from the set.

Now the important part: the set is basically finished! All that's left is renaming some tracks, extending some of the days by a few seconds of audio, and swapping a few sources. I will also need to take the time to de-stereoize all of the tracks in the Cubase projects to export the mono version of the set. With that said, me and the team decided to release the set before the completion of the booklet. The sad truth is that, this big booklet requires tons of dedication and time, and we're only a few people (not to mention that we've had tons of personal commitments to deal with).

Watching Rainbows will be released sometime during March, including the complete newly numbered audio (both stereo-ized and mono), some artwork and a proto-booklet, containing general info, technical details and a tracklist indicating the source for each track.
A complete booklet (probably in PDF format), and a handful of extras will come out later, I'm gonna keep you updated for it.

Stay tuned!!