(OUTDATED) Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
iPanggo

Re: Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Post by iPanggo »

Mr Bump wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:20 am I've a question. On the morning of 8 Jan, while George is hanging around, there's a track called "Get Your Rocks Off" in which George seems to be reading out from a newspaper, a story about legalising pot and it being less dangerous than alcohol.

Here, there is a scan of a newspaper with that same story on its from page: https://theymaybeparted.files.wordpress ... -69-p1.pdf

The story is based on something which was said "last night" - and yet this was printed on 9 Jan, the day after George read the thing out. So, what's going on here? Were there two different news stories on successive days, one printed on 8 Jan? It seems like the tapes are correctly dated. Any ideas?
That's actually pretty intriguing. There are no doubts about the Nagras, maybe Debbie can figure this one out!
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

iPanggo wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:01 am
Mr Bump wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:20 am I've a question. On the morning of 8 Jan, while George is hanging around, there's a track called "Get Your Rocks Off" in which George seems to be reading out from a newspaper, a story about legalising pot and it being less dangerous than alcohol.

Here, there is a scan of a newspaper with that same story on its from page: https://theymaybeparted.files.wordpress ... -69-p1.pdf

The story is based on something which was said "last night" - and yet this was printed on 9 Jan, the day after George read the thing out. So, what's going on here? Were there two different news stories on successive days, one printed on 8 Jan? It seems like the tapes are correctly dated. Any ideas?
That's actually pretty intriguing. There are no doubts about the Nagras, maybe Debbie can figure this one out!
Thanks. I reveiewed the footage (@4:20 in "All The Footage") and you can see George definitely does say those words at that point in time. However he's NOT reading them out (to my surprise). He's just comes out with "Legalise Pot" randomly, then in the Nagras you hear MLH say "Oh, I see that in the papers today" and then shortly afterwards, George days "Even less harmful than alcohol" - which ties in with that newspaper report. I've tried and failed to find other news stories from the morning of 8th - can't find anything. I don't know what papers George and MLH might have read.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Have any of you ID the photos Peter showed and talked about in this podcast from Ken Micheals ?? 3 hour 27 mark
Peter thinks it's after February 1969 as Pauls shaved

Chris
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

WOA76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:06 pm Have any of you ID the photos Peter showed and talked about in this podcast from Ken Micheals ?? 3 hour 27 mark
These photos are from a "mystery" session.

Some of them were in the original LIB book.
Attachments
Paul.jpg
Paul.jpg (119.93 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:27 pm
WOA76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:06 pm Have any of you ID the photos Peter showed and talked about in this podcast from Ken Micheals ?? 3 hour 27 mark
These photos are from a "mystery" session.

Some of them were in the original LIB book.
Yeah, that's saying he shows a photo of the cameraman, and as Peter says where is the film ??

is there any more information? or date guess ?
Chris
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

WOA76 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:35 pm
Yeah, that's saying he shows a photo of the cameraman, and as Peter says where is the film ??

is there any more information? or date guess ?
Fans have pieced together all the evidence and it's still only an approximate answer.

GH was in hospital from 7-15 Feb, so it's after that.
1 Mar, Ringo started filming on Magic Christian, so it's likely before that.
2 Mar, John appeared live at Camrbidge with a sparse beard, similar to what we see here. By the time he got married on 20 Mar, he had a fairly bushy beard, so this session was some weeks before that.

Logically we're looking at 15 Feb to 28 Feb as the window. What's interesting is that Glyn came over and his diary entries show "Apple" on 15 (the day George got out of hospital, so unlikely); 17; 18; 19; 20; 21; 22. The next day, 23 Feb, he flew back to the States. So this starts to focus down on the week Monday 17 Feb to Saturday 22 Feb.

There's no documentation available with Apple recording dates, but it should be one of those days. Which one?

I've heard it suggested that because Heather is there, it could be a weekend - ie, a non-school day, which would pin it to Saturday 22nd. But I don't buy that - there is a week-long half-term school holiday right around this time of year, and so Heather might have been out of school all week, for all we know. And in any case the Beatles recorded at Trident on that day, so unlikely they would record at Apple too (from the photos, this looks like a pretty well organised session, not a casual rehersal).

My guess based on all this - between 17th and 21st Feb, one or two weeks before John's Cambridge gig with his sparse beard growth.

Anyone know any more?
etidel

Post by etidel »

Maybe by asking the photographer ?
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Living the Beatles’ Legend: The Untold Story of Mal Evans
https://kennethwomack.com/books/beatles ... ves/?amp=1

I’ve contacted one person thought know Ken Womack as he has seen Mal’s diary’s this what he said this information is NOT. from book….

This one amazing book and thank you Ken for information:

“””On the 18th, he has them at Trident.
Then on the 19th, he has PM "christening" the studio with the demo for Mary--I assume he means "Goodbye" for Mary Hopkin. On the 20th, Mal has the Beatles "lurking about Apple Studio" about 10:30 PM.”””

So the 20th ?

“”The Beatles are in Trident on the 23rd, and Mal is with the Iveys (soon to be Badfinger) for several days there before and after this time. Indeed, the 18th may actually be an Iveys session. The 20th is the only date that makes sense for the Beatles working in the basement. Or just visiting.””
Attachments
IMG_8976.jpeg
IMG_8976.jpeg (246.93 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
Chris
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

UPDATE 21/03/2024
It's coming very soon. March **th. :D
~the WR team
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
etidel

Post by etidel »

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!