(OUTDATED) Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
robbmacc

Re: Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Post by robbmacc »

Agreed.

I am in no way disparaging the fount of wealth shared here, but my "archives" consists of the following:

Radio sessions Lord R. Plus the Swedish show,
Get Back sessions: The two that are being compiled.
Demos: Again, Lord R.
Studio session: Being expertly compiled here on this site
Live: Ok, someone help me out. Lord R for pre-America concerts, colturkey for the rest (don't care too much)

At sixty, I just wanna listen to everything out there at least once. Then I'll fold my hands across my chest in my coffin, and wish for you young guys and gals and everyone in between to be able to listen to the entire vaults.
Golem

Post by Golem »

it's def interesting how Get Back has kinda evolved into two paths, one focused on audio quality and one focused on completion
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

Debbiebootleg,
thanks for the post!!
the get back session map in the web site below is unbelievably meticulous and informative with tons of details. Also, thanks alot for the person who made this map!!
:D
Debbiebootleg wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:39 pm
Tolvo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:32 pm
Debbiebootleg wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:17 pm

Beware!!! Our project really outdates the DDSI Numbering.
Oh yeah, I know that. Still a nice read. What other books or websites did you use for reference?
A lot of resources. a favourite would be https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

Debbiebootleg wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:39 pmA lot of resources. a favourite would be https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/
Those maps are great. Would you know if these are available as an actual document somewhere, or is it just screenshots?

Would make sense to also offer it as a Google Doc.
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

Tolvo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:23 pm
Debbiebootleg wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:39 pmA lot of resources. a favourite would be https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/
Those maps are great. Would you know if these are available as an actual document somewhere, or is it just screenshots?

Would make sense to also offer it as a Google Doc.
I don't actually know, keep in mind though that this set is basically going to outdate those maps, due to our new discoveries and the new numbering.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

All good; I know. :)

Do we have any idea where Purple Chick sourced their Roll 29A roll announcement from?
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

Tolvo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:09 pm All good; I know. :)

Do we have any idea where Purple Chick sourced their Roll 29A roll announcement from?
The raw ATRAC transfer, or in this case, Perfect Crime's Beginning Of The End bootleg series (most likely, but it's the same anyways).
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

It's interesting how a lot of people are interested in the original roll 29A intro due by it being edited out by Yellow Dog, otherwise is just a lot of noisy dialogue.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

Oh, the piece itself is not interesting.

The reason I asked was that for the longest time I'd assumed A/B Road to be nothing more than a compilation of Yellow Dog + Unicorn, so I was surprised to see this mention of the intro being "included in Purple Chick A/B Road but not included in my 29A roll copy" (Yellow Dog "Day By Day", I assume). So I was wondering where Purple Chick got it from. Afaik they were never at the source.
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

Tolvo wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:37 pm Oh, the piece itself is not interesting.

The reason I asked was that for the longest time I'd assumed A/B Road to be nothing more than a compilation of Yellow Dog + Unicorn, so I was surprised to see this mention of the intro being "included in Purple Chick A/B Road but not included in my 29A roll copy" (Yellow Dog "Day By Day", I assume). So I was wondering where Purple Chick got it from. Afaik they were never at the source.
According to our theories (which we'll also expose in the upcoming booklet), Purple Chick had access to the raw ATRAC transfer of the A rolls, which is different from the Yellow Dog one. We do NOT have this source released on any other bootleg, except for Perfect Crime's Beginning Of The End, but that only covers 1A---107A (from Jan 2 to the beginning of Jan 10).

This means that A/B Road sometimes has bits that were cut out of Day By Day (Yellow Dog likes to edits stuff unfortunately). However, this isn't really a problem, since Yellow Dog's uncompressed transfer is much better in quality.
(of course, every A/B Road exclusive snippet was integrated in our set, even bits short as 1 second)