THE LOST '65 SINGLE

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: THE LOST '65 SINGLE

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks for reupping.
Modboy66 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:46 pm Awesome! Thank you! I listened to your de-remixes of the Help stuff this morning, Lord Reith. Fantastic. they have the vibe and punch of the mono mixes but with beautiful clarity. That Means A Lot is a revelation - that piano part is so cool. Thanks all
Thanks! There is still scope for improvement though I think. I just wish TMAL wasn't so hissy.
RLester wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:39 pm Is waiting for volume 5 torture for anyone else? Lord, HELP!
There's no hope of me doing it at the moment I'm afraid. But I will get to it. Remember that I want to hear it just as much as anyone. :)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

Lord Reith, have you ever done attempted to do remix of the British stereo LP version of Ticket To Ride, which extends the ending coda with more twangy licks from Macca? Very hard to find a good sounding version of that - I have an mp3 of it I can't remember where I got - it has a much more boomy bass and less reverb than the common stereo master, as well as being extended.
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

I found the provenance of the file that I have - it's the same performance with an extended ending of Ticket To Ride from the late BBC DJ Roger Scott's collection of EMI outtakes. It is bassier than the commonly known mixes to be sure - but bass in the EQ mastering rather than in the clarity of Paul's bass. It certainly is cool to hear the extended ending - having never heard the original UK stereo track I am assuming this is a rough mix of that, based on the descriptions I have read of it. I see the original UK stereo mix is available as a bonus track on the Beatles In Mono box, so I'll look into that. For my money, I'd love to hear this extended version with more clarity in the instrumentation - dial back the bass eq. It is cool as it is though. Nice to have a variation of one of their most influential and greatest songs IMO.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

could you please re-up it again ? :oops: Unfortunately I missed it; unless it's better to wait for the Fabracadabra revised set which will include this "Lost '65 single" ?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Modboy66 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:46 am I found the provenance of the file that I have - it's the same performance with an extended ending of Ticket To Ride from the late BBC DJ Roger Scott's collection of EMI outtakes. It is bassier than the commonly known mixes to be sure - but bass in the EQ mastering rather than in the clarity of Paul's bass. It certainly is cool to hear the extended ending - having never heard the original UK stereo track I am assuming this is a rough mix of that, based on the descriptions I have read of it. I see the original UK stereo mix is available as a bonus track on the Beatles In Mono box, so I'll look into that. For my money, I'd love to hear this extended version with more clarity in the instrumentation - dial back the bass eq. It is cool as it is though. Nice to have a variation of one of their most influential and greatest songs IMO.
Yes I know the track you're talking about. When I look at that song again I'll see what can be done!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:15 am could you please re-up it again ? :oops: Unfortunately I missed it; unless it's better to wait for the Fabracadabra revised set which will include this "Lost '65 single" ?
If you have Abracadabra V5 then you already have it. If not, it was reposted on the previous page.
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

Lord Reith - that would be so cool!
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

I think "That Means A Lot" is The Beatles trying to do Phil Spector and - in rare form - not being very successful. It could have been a decent B side, though.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I've always wanted to hear Norman Smith's 1965 mixes of this song. We've only heard Geoff Emerick and John Barrets' mixes.approach.
juniorsfarm

Post by juniorsfarm »

I can't find vol. 5.. Help please..