An upgrade for Massed Alberts - half an hour of ADITL outtakes!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Patrick Healy

An upgrade for Massed Alberts - half an hour of ADITL outtakes!

Post by Patrick Healy »

The alternate footage from promo films section of Massed Alberts isn't quite complete, but the biggest hole is the inclusion of only five minutes of ADITL outtakes released on HMC.
Using the link in this board for all the HMC DVDs, I've compiled all the HMC-only outtakes. I couldn't figure out the order, so I just dumped them in one after the other (it's a silent video, because I couldn't think of a good soundtrack to use).
Sources used:
Alternate footage used as bonus on 'The Long and Winding Road' DVD (HMC031)
Alternate footage inserted on 'The Beatles at Abbey Road' show by HMC (HMC033)
Newly created alternate promo video and long-lost 'Come Together' video (which features ADITL footage) from 'Sgt Pepper Commemorative Issue' (HMC043)
Newly created alternate promo video (different from above) and new 'Revolution 9' video (which features ADITL footage) from 'Rare, Unseen and Unheard' (HMC050)
This, I believe, now encompasses all the footage not in the original video or the alternate edit on Massed Alberts (which despite being listed as 1967 I believe is the Anthology alternate edit, parts of which were used in the documentary, from 1996, since Mike Carrera does not mention a second version from 1967) which is available publicly.
I know there is more footage in trading circles, but honestly I think most of us will have had enough with this over half an hour's worth plus the alternate edit and original video on 1+!
I recommend you insert this into your Massed Alberts set to make it more complete.
Link: hxxps://we.tl/t-AcIObKp10B (change xx to tt)
Regarding re-ups, I will check this thread often for the next few weeks, but if I haven't noticed feel free to quote or DM me so it pops up as a notification when I next go onto the board.

P.S Maybe set this (silent psychedelic madness from 1967) playing on the television when visitors arrive into your house and wait for them to get confused... :lol:
Mrbeatleg

Re: An upgrade for Massed Alberts - half an hour of ADITL outtakes!

Post by Mrbeatleg »

so there is no audio with this ADITL outtakes.mp4?
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Because the original film was silent and there was no Beatles audio that would fit. (That's why HMC added audio over the top.)
Also, this is not audio outtakes, this is video outtakes. I mean, I could add audio outtakes but then people would probably argue over what I should use.
Hope that makes sense.
Chuck and Dave

Post by Chuck and Dave »

thank you. great work Patrick. 31 minutes of pure Pepperesque psychodelia...wow. some angles being repeated 3 or even 4 times but having in mind that you took them from various dvds, that's not bad.

EDIT seems to be that this is some "alternate" reel (or "promo clip") again and again surfacing on the boot dvds you've mentioned but with different edits,, and finally spliced together by you. for instance, i can see the same angle with George and Patti bantering closely to camera for 3 times per a film... but again, this is a great upload
Last edited by Chuck and Dave on Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

I haven't been through any of it in detail, I just thought I'd put everything in one place so others don't have to.
But if anyone wants to fix repeats and make a better version, then feel free.
Beatles4you

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME Patrick - Thank you.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

I never knew what this post was about until I downloaded the footage. What's this "Massed Alberts" term anybody? Great to see all this footage, I guess I'd use A Day In The Life outtakes as a soundtrack. I've been pulling Rishikesh footage out of blu ray documentaries lately and it's amazing when you just "dump" the new edit footage together like this.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Massed Alberts refers to a set gathering together almost all available material from the making of Sgt Pepper (I say almost because as I say it had a few holes like this), and then there was a follow-up called Near the End containing all the different interviews and documentaries about it after the fact. There's a link to it elsewhere on the board.
Also, what are the sources of Rikikesh footage? I thought it was only Anthology and Get Back episode 2.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Patrick Healy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:46 pm Massed Alberts refers to a set gathering together almost all available material from the making of Sgt Pepper (I say almost because as I say it had a few holes like this), and then there was a follow-up called Near the End containing all the different interviews and documentaries about it after the fact. There's a link to it elsewhere on the board.
Also, what are the sources of Rikikesh footage? I thought it was only Anthology and Get Back episode 2.
The two that come to mind are the recent Paul Saultzman documentary "Meeting The Beatles In India" (Paul is well known for his Rishikesh photographs) and then a new one that just appeared called "The Beatles And India (2022)." Both contain nice blu ray quality footage of Rishikesh.

Here's a link to the Saultzman doc preview, and two edit samples for Rishikesh. The Across The Universe footage is all from the Saultzman documentary.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing