She Loves You in Melbourne in true stereo

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

She Loves You in Melbourne in true stereo

Post by Lord Reith »

Here's something a bit different for you all: a clip of She Loves You in Melbourne in stereo, with George's guitar on the left, John's on the right and the other guys scattered in between.

It's very interesting to hear the interplay between John and George. They don't get enough credit as one of the most symbiotic guitar duos ever. Note especially the way they double the bass riffs at the end (starting atd 1'52"). Very cool. And great bass playing from Paul. And great drumming. And singing. But the accordion is terrible! :D

Anyone want to colorize it? I know, I know, but it would be nice to see. :ugeek:

And yes, I will do the rest. ;)

https://tinyurl.com/Get-it-by-28-or-be-late
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
joguema

Re: She Loves You in Melbourne in true stereo

Post by joguema »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:01 am
And yes, I will do the rest. ;)
Yes - PLEASE do also the rest!

And thank you very much for SLY as an appetizer.
jpa

Post by jpa »

What a revelation - many thanks!
And thanks so much for this remark: "And yes, I will do the rest", which helps calm the waters of my mind!
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

This is great!
My father was there and I’m gonna play this for him tomorrow!
Guru-Deva

Post by Guru-Deva »

Aw fantastic.

This was the first song I ever loved. I loved it long before I could even say 'She Loves You' and I still love it just as much over fifty years on.
The boys all still love it in this clip too.

I too would love to hear the whole show this way. Unless there is a technical reason why it can't be done well.
It's a fantastic show isn't it?

I'll take this opportunity to thank you Lord Reith for..... well everything you share really.
You unobtrusively make the Beatles recordings sound their best and I hope that doesn't sound like I'm damning with feint praise because that's the ideal.

I loved your video work on the Morecambe and Wise clip too. Also the Scene at 6.30 clips. Did you do that work yourself? It's really good video restoration.
Restoring the frame rate to how it looked before being film recorded gives all those clips a more immediate, 'live' feel and I can imagine I'm watching the original live broadcast and not some knackered old film from years ago.

Did you ever make a Reith version of the NME shows, or Big / Blackpool Night Out? I think I'd enjoy those. :)
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Fantastic!
Thank you very much Lord.
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

Wow! How did you separate the guitars?
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Guru-Deva wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:40 pm Aw fantastic.

This was the first song I ever loved. I loved it long before I could even say 'She Loves You' and I still love it just as much over fifty years on.
The boys all still love it in this clip too.

I too would love to hear the whole show this way. Unless there is a technical reason why it can't be done well.
It's a fantastic show isn't it?

I'll take this opportunity to thank you Lord Reith for..... well everything you share really.
You unobtrusively make the Beatles recordings sound their best and I hope that doesn't sound like I'm damning with feint praise because that's the ideal.

I loved your video work on the Morecambe and Wise clip too. Also the Scene at 6.30 clips. Did you do that work yourself? It's really good video restoration.
Restoring the frame rate to how it looked before being film recorded gives all those clips a more immediate, 'live' feel and I can imagine I'm watching the original live broadcast and not some knackered old film from years ago.

Did you ever make a Reith version of the NME shows, or Big / Blackpool Night Out? I think I'd enjoy those. :)
Ditto on Blackpool Night Out '65, that would be awesome to hear in stereo ;)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. It'll be interersting to see if the other songs work as well. as you know, John's guitar is very loud on this gig. It'd be nice to bring George to the fore.
Wow! How did you separate the guitars?
I'll go into that some other time if the rest of the gig works out.
Guru-Deva wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:40 pm I loved your video work on the Morecambe and Wise clip too. Also the Scene at 6.30 clips. Did you do that work yourself? It's really good video restoration.

I think with M&W I just applied some vertical blur to get rid of the venetian blind look. This actually should have been done during the transfer from video to film, so I guess they forgot.

The framerate restoration can work wonders if the source material is good. I think the Cavern offucuts came out particularly well as they were filmed with a clockwork camera at 15fps, so they look much smoother at 25fps.

Will look into BNO as it's a good show.
mudcrab

Post by mudcrab »

It might actually Colour up ok LOL :D
Attachments
Pixbim_Video_Colorize_AI_8SWZSmbu9d.png
Pixbim_Video_Colorize_AI_8SWZSmbu9d.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1252 times