NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
snrub

Re: NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film project

Post by snrub »

My wishful thinking is that PJ should take on the LIVE concert project that eventually morphed into 8DAW, but more likely that Paul wants him to re-edit Magical Mystery Tour and turn it into the masterpiece he always wanted!
sam004

Post by sam004 »

What complete / almost shows have been captured on film 1963-1966 ?

Royal Variety - 63
I have seen some silent footage of -
Hollywood Bowl - 64
Shea - 65
Tokyo - 66

Partial Shows

I with the majority.
The 8 Days film could have been good. Don't need 'celebrity' interviews.

He said he wants to tackle the Star Club tapes. That could be incorporated into a film.
Imagine the cool box set of live material they could produce to go with the film....
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:52 pm
No Bozos wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:49 pm Maybe they'd like Peter Jackson to create a remake of the movie "Yellow Submarine" like Robert Zemeckis intended to release through Disney ten years ago, but was cancelled.
Yes a possibility too, but I hope they don't. I don't think kids would appreciate a CGI version any more than the current one.
Jackson said in the article that's it a live action film sir.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Sounds like a mini-series:
Teddy Boy, The Moped And Uncle Crumpets
When the 'Ted'(Paul McCartney) borrows a Vespa from pub, he forgets to ask permission. He decides to disguise the scooter with RAF decals and an ounce of potent cannabis. Ted's uncle, T.N.Crumpets(Ringo Starr) offers to install some Beltane antlers on the 'stag-cycle' but in his haste, the bike is delivered wearing a small set of bull horns from Tijuana. Ted tries to ditch Uncle 'T' and the Vespa tries to buck and Ted is nearly gored. Crumpets tells Ted that the bull-horns are haunted. In fear, they abandon the vehicle and start walking towards the Village and pining for Reeperbahn. In the morning they are awakened on the green by passersby. Ted goes straight to pub. He is wearing Lederhosen. Crumpets is wearing bull horns and is refused entrance. The Vespa is parked in the street. The Uncle walks over and sees "You're wearing my horns" in red lipstick across the windscreen. The first of a five part rite of passage with heee-larious consequences.
Or, it might be a return of the old classic prime-time fave Bird Watching With Ringo! Our host teaches his old mate how to light two cigarettes at once. AGAIN!!!
KC
Garrod Lofthouse

Post by Garrod Lofthouse »

Peter and his team might blend his new love of remixing with his old love of film and animation and make a promotional film for every track.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:42 am
Jackson said in the article that's it a live action film sir.
I think he may have been talking about another film though, not his Beatles project.
beatlesaint

Re: NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

Post by beatlesaint »

I know its not what he's talking about in this article but I would love him to be let loose on the Maysles Bros. film (44 hours of it I believe) and make a Get Back esque version of the February 1964 USA visit.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

JoeWadley wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:33 pm If he's working with Ringo and Paul, they must be expanding Give My Regards to Broad Street into an epic trilogy.
:lol:
Feromount

Post by Feromount »

JoeWadley wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:33 pm If he's working with Ringo and Paul, they must be expanding Give My Regards to Broad Street into an epic trilogy.
I would not be surprised if Peter Jackson actually makes something like Broadstreet, as in, they get Paul and Ringo and get them to re-record old Beatles songs while telling stories about how they wrote them.

Though of course, I doubt they'd keep the stolen tape plot or the shitty dream sequences.
beatlesondvd

Re: NEXT Peter Jackson Beatles film(?) project

Post by beatlesondvd »

Maybe they'll film the heist caper Paul and Ringo talk about for a lark during the 13 January 1969 session while they are waiting for John to show up, about "the hard drug-peddling yob." Ringo: "With a good heart." Paul: "Who turned to religion."