Piccadilly Circus

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
MUR

Re: Piccadilly Circus

Post by MUR »

PhilD1 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:56 pm I hope they don't - this practice has come to the notice of the manufacturer and as a consequence they are threatening to pull the plug. And in fairness, why should someone pay (they are not cheap) and then give it to you for nothing.
What's the point of repeating the same mantra several times on the page? "I hope they don't". Don't worry - they will not share it to you.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
PhilD1

Post by PhilD1 »

MUR wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:25 pm
PhilD1 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:56 pm I hope they don't - this practice has come to the notice of the manufacturer and as a consequence they are threatening to pull the plug. And in fairness, why should someone pay (they are not cheap) and then give it to you for nothing.
What's the point of repeating the same mantra several times on the page? "I hope they don't". Don't worry - they will not share it to you.
No need, I'll be buying it. And I repeat it because people like you who feel entitled to something for nothing will ultimately cause the demise of that which you covert.
O1Ghungary

Post by O1Ghungary »

Does anyone really believe that early uploads will close the shop? Bullshit. That's not how it works. I worked in a record store for 10 years. At that time we imported bootlegs from Italy, Luxembourg and later from Russia. The Beatles collectors are by far the most numerous. There will always be enough hardcore collectors who are only satisfied with the physical formats to make it worthwhile to release silver discs. It almost doesn't matter what's on it. The separated atmos mix tracks are also presseed on disc, even though anyone can do this at home on a simple laptop. It doesn't matter. They'll still buy it. They also profit from a lot of fanmade stuff (mixes, colorizations etc.), which they collect from here, among other places. Are they used to sharing the benefits with the creators? Or do they send at least one copy? I don't think so... Empty threats. They won't stop production because of it. These web forums are useful for them too. Plus many decide to order just after they have downloaded the material and see that it is worth the money for the physical format.
PhilD1

Post by PhilD1 »

I don't necessarily buy the shop closure threat but in theory one person can buy one of these, upload it and numerous people can then get it free. Does that seem fair, in addition to the fact it could well impact on future releases. The legality and morality of bootlegs is a separate issue as is the source used to produce them. As I've said, fan made material uploaded is not an issue but people thinking they have a right to obtain professionally produced material free of charge the minute it's released certainly is.
The individuals taking issue with this have not received messages from the manufacturers asking customers to desist because they don't bother buying them.
tantrist

Post by tantrist »

He's not doing "business." He is engaged in trading stolen content. We all know it very well.
I wrote about selling music in FLAC format. Personally I am not ready to pay for CDs and DVDs, lossless is enough for me/ I don't wanna pay for labels, postage etc - what's wrong with it? I don't need any physical media.I am ready to purchase content, and I guess its fair price cannot be more than 5-10 dollars for a CD or DVD.
Oh, MC doing this for twenty years aalready. I beg your pardon, but legal music industry has been doing this for almost a century and a half. And yet, major labels have been forced to accommodate customers and now they ALL released their music on streaming services and making it available for download. If pirates want to survive, they must do the same. I'm ready to pay them. But I want to receive the material exclusively in the format I need, without forced additional costs.
It will be a good desigion for MC and other "labels" to make digital releases of bootleg content. If somebody wants to buy CDs or DVDs - ok, no problem.
PhilD1

Post by PhilD1 »

The labels in question (and others like them) exist to provide physical product to people like me who are not interested in downloads. The quality of these discs and the attention to detail make them very desirable. If the manufacturers choose not to go down the download route and sell the content for peanuts then that is their prerogative.
There is a strange sense of entitlement among some people here. And please spare us the "trading in stolen content" line, it's irrelevant, given everyone here is happy to facilitate it.
tantrist

Post by tantrist »

If their area of interest is physical media, then they should not object to uploading digital content to this forum. You'll buy the disc anyway, right?
About copyrights. Most of the forum participants voluntarily exchange counterfeit material. But we don't make a business out of this content. I am categorically nit agree with people who make money from reselling stolen goods when they are trying to dictate here. No one should have a monopoly on content that does not belong to them.
I always try to share what I have with other members - and you always do the same (Thanks!)
Fungomatto03

Post by Fungomatto03 »

What's the matter... if they "stolen" my recording for the Back At The Colisuem in Rome a couple of days after I was sharing it with collectors, some of "their" titles can be uploaded there for free also after few weeks...
PhilD1

Post by PhilD1 »

Talk about missing the point. The less the physical copies sell, the less incentive there is to keep on making them. Then you won't have anything to give away free. Some people here seem to have a Robin Hood complex - stealing from the nasty bootleggers to give to the poor entitled masses.
O1Ghungary

Post by O1Ghungary »

PhilD1 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:35 pm Talk about missing the point. The less the physical copies sell, the less incentive there is to keep on making them.
This is a big mistake. The Beatles and related bootlegs are the most solid business. Beatles collectors are by far the most numerous, it will always be worth it to release physical formats. It might be different for a Mike Oldfield or Nirvana bootleg, for example, but it certainly doesn't affect sales of Beatles stuffs.