The Compleat Beatles Remastered Edition DVD (1994 LaserDisc)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

Re: The Compleat Beatles Remastered Edition DVD (1994 LaserDisc)

Post by Lord Reith »

I loved this back in the day. I think it's the voiceover that makes it so captivating.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I watched this OVER and OVER and OVER when I was a teenager in the 80s.

"Liverpool, 200 miles from the north west of London. Nothing much ever came from Liverpool...."

That's in my memory till the day I die!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Funny.

it was all we had and we felt lucky.

At least there was something.
toddwell

Post by toddwell »

Many Thanks!!! I got this as well in 1982 when it first came out, and I wore it out!! At the time it was the only "official" doc on The Beatles available. I didn't care about the quality of the films used, it was a documentary about the FREAKIN Beatles!! LOL! And of course as a 14 year old back then, being able to see a couple of those promo films for the first time, blew my mind!! Thanks for this golden memory!!
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

cliftdean74,
Thanks a lot for another GOOOOD stuff!!
:D
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Prior to PBS airing the Compleat Beatles in the early 80's, the only way to see a lot of this footage was at Beatlefest in their screening rooms. Die hard Beatle fans knew this stuff existed, and where to see it. For the rest of us, there were only the movies. And to see MMT and LIB, one had to go to a midnight showing at a local arts theatre, where they had a third or fourth generation scratchy, barely intact print. I watched the heck out of Compleat Beatles up until Anthology. Afterwards it didn't get so much play.
THE_UTOPIAN

Post by THE_UTOPIAN »

Any chance for a re-up please? Thanks in advance!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Ziggy C wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:27 pm Prior to PBS airing the Compleat Beatles in the early 80's, the only way to see a lot of this footage was at Beatlefest in their screening rooms. Die hard Beatle fans knew this stuff existed, and where to see it. For the rest of us, there were only the movies. And to see MMT and LIB, one had to go to a midnight showing at a local arts theatre, where they had a third or fourth generation scratchy, barely intact print. I watched the heck out of Compleat Beatles up until Anthology. Afterwards it didn't get so much play.
You mean, like the NUART in Santa Monica?
f*ck! The greatest theater in Los Angeles!
When Jodorowsky and ABKCO finally made amends, The NUART screened a FRESH print of the newly restored El Topo and The Holy Mountain! On consecutive nights...ONE NIGHT EACH! I was there early for El Topo...and if the film wasn't enough of a thrill, to experience the walk to the car and driving past as they were changing the marquis to THE HOLY MOUNTAIN was just as heady as any drug I've ever taken! I was over the moon! The film was as intense as anything I'd ever seen. Far better than the experience of watching the newly released DVDs. I had every intention of driving from Santa Clarita to Santa Monica the following evening(Wed?)...but the spirit of El Topo would not stay in bed. We partied through the following day. I never went to work. I didn't call. I didn't even decide NOT to go see The Holy Mountain...I simply woke up and discovered I was going to be late on Thursday. Damn! My buddy, Jason, was still on the couch. By Friday, we had convinced ourselves that we had been at the most historic event ever to be held at the NUART! It was packed for El Topo. And, besides, we WEREN'T even there on Wednesday. It couldn't...it DIDN'T matter. It was the most exhausted I've ever been.
"Today, you are seven years old. Now, you are a man! Bury your first toy and your mother's picture"!
INDEED!
Thank you, John and Yoko...thank you, Allen Klein...thank you, NUART!
(Thank you, Ziggy C!)
KC

I still own my VHS copy of The Complete Beatles...(narrated by Uncle's Fuzzy Warbles)
kublikan

Post by kublikan »

Dear cliftdean74:

The link is not working (I was careful in changing the "hxxps" to https). Could you please reupload it. I would really appreciate it.
THE_UTOPIAN

Post by THE_UTOPIAN »

Bumping this up hoping for a re-up please? Thanks!