The Beatles - Modern Times

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Vel

Re: The Beatles - Modern Times

Post by Vel »

The mix of Rain is the best I've ever heard. The drums restoration is outstanding. Amazing job! 🤩

P.S. Without any irony, I want to hear more of these mixes. lol
Martin85

Post by Martin85 »

9knivesout wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:31 am I set out in an attempt to find out what The Beatles might sound like had their songs been mastered in more modern times. Those often tread upon albums of the nineties and two-thousands that sacrificed dynamics in favour of a loudness when mastered to CD. This is the result. There are a few unofficial tracks and a few fan edits. I extend full credit to those fans that shared their versions of And I Love Her, Sour Milk Sea and Across the Universe (Band Version). I compiled this for my own enjoyment and really enjoyed those versions, so they have been included here. The audiophiles among us may cringe, but it sure sounds great in the car ; )
Nice! Thanks.
May I ask where "Across the Universe (Band Version)" comes from? Maybe "Tune To A Natural E"? And, is it by the Beatles in full or are there any outside musicians?
9knivesout

Post by 9knivesout »

Vel wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:55 am The mix of Rain is the best I've ever heard. The drums restoration is outstanding. Amazing job! 🤩

P.S. Without any irony, I want to hear more of these mixes. lol
Thanks for the compliment! Rain is one of the tracks I was most proud of. I'm thinking of doing a volume 2 in the near future. Will certainly post it here when the time comes.

In regard to the Across The Universe version, I don't know what the original source was on that one. I assumed it was a fan-made track and if my memory serves, I think I found it on reddit. I believe that all of the sounds on the track are made by the Beatles. A well executed mix of the original and Get Back session version.
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

9knivesout wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:45 am Do you mean the dynamic range that is so controversial now?
I had never heard of it in all these years.

Yes, to achieve loudness, dynamic range is lost. For me, I enjoy trying to listen to The Beatles in new ways. Just to experience a fleeting moment of that feeling you get when you listen to something great for the first time. I suppose that why I like the Giles Martin remixes and why I spend so much time on this forum ;)
More and more people push the dynamic range to the limit.
Any song goes through software and if they don't have the right dynamic range, they delete it.
It is something very exclusive but it is like that.
P.S.: Across the universe is really really great.
DocRobert

Post by DocRobert »

I missed this - can anyone repost please?
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

DocRobert wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:17 pm I missed this - can anyone repost please?
hXXps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iS1EZFpII6aPl8jdbPz32AaDm0N3B8ks?usp=sharing

XX=tt