EVOLVER

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Tex

Re: Four new ones

Post by Tex »

I think LR uploaded in a hurry and went on vacation LOL.
Lord Reith

EVOLVER

Post by Lord Reith »

Strewth I must be going mad.

Well here is a revised link. I've changed the name of the project to Evolver and added two extra tracks: Across The Universe take 8 RM1 with the swarmandal reversed (so it's now actually forwards); and take 2 with a more detailed stereo picture than the one on Anthology. This is in addition to the four stereo mixes from before.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-on-may-24

Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
James carlane3

Re: EVOLVER (formerly "Two new ones")

Post by James carlane3 »

Thanks!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Btw I just remembered there's an account in Pete Shotton's book of going somewhere outdoors with John, who had the mono mix of Revolution take 20 and a portable tape recorder and just kept playing it on loop all afternoon. John was obviously thrilled with the result, so why did they never release it?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
miggynav

Re: EVOLVER

Post by miggynav »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:23 am Strewth I must be going mad.

Well here is a revised link. I've changed the name of the project to Evolver and added two extra tracks: Across The Universe take 8 RM1 with the swarmandal reversed (so it's now actually forwards); and take 2 with a more detailed stereo picture than the one on Anthology. This is in addition to the four stereo mixes from before.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-on-may-24

Thanks LR, so is this no longer part of the Monolonger series?
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

Thanks!!
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:47 am Btw I just remembered there's an account in Pete Shotton's book of going somewhere outdoors with John, who had the mono mix of Revolution take 20 and a portable tape recorder and just kept playing it on loop all afternoon. John was obviously thrilled with the result, so why did they never release it?
Interesting... Lewisohn's Recording Sessions mentions that on 4 June 68, after working on the take, "A rough mono remix of take 20 was made and was taken away on a plastic spool by John Lennon at the end of the session."

As to why it was unreleased... the second half of this take so quickly morphed into Revolution 9... by 6 June 68, John was already at work assembling Revolution 9. A shame, really. What you've done with this mix, by the way, is really fantastic. Thank you. But listening to the last minute or so of the track makes me suspect John must've listened way too much to the extraneous noises on "Gomper" and "Sing This Song All Together (See What Happens)." Maybe I'm a tad slow, but I hadn't really made the connection between the Stones' SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST and "Revolution 9" before.
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

You never ease to amaze with your ever-improving ability to demix these songs and then to produce excellent stereo mixes. Your remixes of the early Beatles music have become my go to versions, and I was always a strictly mono guy. You get clarity, great mixes, and a completely natural sound. The rockers don’t lose their impact, which they usually do in stereo mixes.

And you always strive to make them even better. I can’t wait for the latest versions of Abracadabra and the Star Club.

Here you did wonderful stuff with Across the Universe, a song I love and crave a good, well mixed version of (ditto for Hey Bulldog). The single version of Help! Is remarkable. The vocals (lead and especially backup) seem a little low in the mix, but the separation and sound stage are stunning.
Notecnirp

Post by Notecnirp »

What an improved version of Revolution Take 20.. Nice details and clarity. Not an overcrowded mix. This is the new way of things. The Reith Revolution. 👍
SBFC

Post by SBFC »

Extraordinary this “Revolution 1 Take20 Stereo)! A dream in suspension ... Would it be possible to create a global demixing project with the “Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (2021)”? Thank you Lord Reith for all this shared happiness, your contribution to the work of The Beatles is invaluable.