Thumbs up to both !!
K_A_P68

Re: Two new ones

Post by K_A_P68 »

These sound great, thanks so much!
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Just found this forum after the sad demise of Bootlegzone. I had just started to grab Lord Reith's mixes when BZ died. So great to find you here. I manage to mess up my downloads of the Abcadabra mixes so really happy to see you're working on new versions and adding albums to them. Thanks for these two new mixes and for all the good stuff you've given to us over the years on BZ.
jpa

Post by jpa »

Thank you!
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Great mixes, LR, thank you very much!
Ale.
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Many Thanks Lord. Sounds great
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Sounds good, thanks!

Is there anything that you are willing to share about this "new extraction process"?

It seems to introduce some stray signals around 19.2 kHz in ATU. No worries, I can't hear it, and I guess nobody on this forum can (except for Lassie the dog) :D
Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

Thank you Lord for the "hums wild" remix.

I've often wondered if John was thinking of this version when he later accused Paul of "sabotaging" his best work. Even so, I think it's gear!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

BDJ wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:59 am Sounds good, thanks!

Is there anything that you are willing to share about this "new extraction process"?
Yes, it extracts things. :P

Well it allows me to cleanly extract instruments and voices from mono mixes, unlike the crap shoot that is AI spectral extraction. It doesn't work on everything, but it does work on lots of things that I couldn't do before. For instance, I could now mix the Abbey Road mono outakes (you know, the ones that came out in the 70s) into proper stereo. That kind of thing.
It seems to introduce some stray signals around 19.2 kHz in ATU. No worries, I can't hear it, and I guess nobody on this forum can (except for Lassie the dog) :D
I can't hear that high, but i will take note and remove it before I put them on Abracadabra. The dogs of the world shall thank you!
Peter77 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:19 am Thank you Lord for the "hums wild" remix.

I've often wondered if John was thinking of this version when he later accused Paul of "sabotaging" his best work. Even so, I think it's gear!
I think he might have meant the girls singing and that stuff yes. They certainly had difficulty with this song, which is funny. All it needed was John and his guitar (and you'll find that new mix on Abracadabra!)
Lon Chaney III wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:45 am Just found this forum after the sad demise of Bootlegzone. I had just started to grab Lord Reith's mixes when BZ died. So great to find you here. I manage to mess up my downloads of the Abcadabra mixes so really happy to see you're working on new versions and adding albums to them. Thanks for these two new mixes and for all the good stuff you've given to us over the years on BZ.
Cool, glad you found your way here.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene