Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 1 available now)

Post by masterjedi »

Rondordrecht193 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:02 am are you gonna do updates on all Complete recording Sessions?
My goal is to do all of them that csnyfan wasn't intimately involved with. Wish me luck!
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Going to jump in here (and perhaps another thread or two) and give thanks to someone who doesn't get thanks enuff--WilliamShears, who brought us all back from the brink. Thank you Sir (or Madam).

I sheepishly admit that when I first came here (on or about Day 1), I wasn't sure it would work, but you have brightened a completely cr@ppy year...

A toast to you.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

masterjedi wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:23 pm
Rondordrecht193 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:02 am are you gonna do updates on all Complete recording Sessions?
My goal is to do all of them that csnyfan wasn't intimately involved with. Wish me luck!
I don't think you need it....you're work in the past has always been exemplary. Or to put it another way...."You've already passed the audition" as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to your work on these and along with csnyfan's previous work we should have the definitive series!
Beatles4you

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

LOVE that insert design!! Definitely top-notch! :D
—Keith
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Thank you for the Art upgrade.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Masterjedi, I am curious...why did you choose to lift 2 of the Sheridan tracks from Beatles Bop when you have used the Single Box for all the others and the 2 you didn't are also on the Single Box?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

ianbuckers wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:18 pm Masterjedi, I am curious...why did you choose to lift 2 of the Sheridan tracks from Beatles Bop when you have used the Single Box for all the others and the 2 you didn't are also on the Single Box?
Good question! Auditioning Beatles Bop and the Singles box, it's clear that in most cases, The Singles box uses the same master as Beatles Bop, but Beatles Bop has added compression to limit the peaks. Unfortunately, for those 2 tracks, the Singles box uses an inferior source for some strange reason (might even be a vinyl rip). So, I decided to restore the dynamics to Beatles Bop for those two tracks.
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

masterjedi wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:23 pm
Oh. So what will you be tackling next?
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

masterjedi wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:03 pm
ianbuckers wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:18 pm Masterjedi, I am curious...why did you choose to lift 2 of the Sheridan tracks from Beatles Bop when you have used the Single Box for all the others and the 2 you didn't are also on the Single Box?
Good question! Auditioning Beatles Bop and the Singles box, it's clear that in most cases, The Singles box uses the same master as Beatles Bop, but Beatles Bop has added compression to limit the peaks. Unfortunately, for those 2 tracks, the Singles box uses an inferior source for some strange reason (might even be a vinyl rip). So, I decided to restore the dynamics to Beatles Bop for those two tracks.
I knew there had to be a good reason.

Did you check 'First Recordings: 50th Anniversary Edition' out as a potential source?

It could just be a rehash of Bop but might be different mastering...?