Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Kando

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Post by Kando »

Thanks for the thoroughness. :)
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
MaxiBoxFromHulbury

Post by MaxiBoxFromHulbury »

harrylime wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:57 am
MaxiBoxFromHulbury wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:18 am
MaxiBoxFromHulbury wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:24 pm Hi, a quick question on Vol 8, what is exactly new vocals on the Eleanor Rigby take 15 with additional overdubs?

Thanks, MaxiBoxFromHulbury
Restating my question, what does that mix has that the 1 5.1 and the YS 5.1 doesn't? How it difers from the YSS?
I'm puzzled by this as well, I'm failing to hear anything new. Maybe the name just reflects the final multitrack, as take 15 was the reduction mix of the final instrumental take 14 to a new tape (E59873) where the vocals were added to the other three tracks, hence "15 with additional overdubs". To be precise, April 29th for the vocals (2 lead and chorus harmony with John and George) except for the final counterpoint "I look at the all the lonely people" heard from 1:48, which was recorded on June 6th by George Martin's suggestion. All have been present in every mix afaik. This mix does feature the most clear vocals, especially the two lead vocals separated far left and right during "All the lonely people, where do they all belong". These are more centered (fusing into one) in both YSS and 1 stereo mixes.
Yup. I'm guessing the track was misnamed. Thought that it was the full 4 tracks of take 15 with additional vocals found elsewhere. Also, if the strings are separated, wouldn't that make it " Take 14 + Take 15 Overdubs"?
Track06

Post by Track06 »

reduction of take 14 = take 15. That piece of tape with the remaining 3 tracks filled is still take 15. Seeing 'take' as piece of tape and not performances helps sometimes. Those vocal overdubs towards the end are 'extra vocal overdubs' because we can't pinpoint any number at this state, I guess.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Track06 identified the source of the previously unknown I'm Only Sleeping take 1 snippet from VAL: Guy Garvey's Finest Hour radio show. There is another new snippet in that show, too:
John: "Are you ready boy - this is it"
from
1968-09-18 Birthday [unknown take ii] HS(RB)
is actually from
18 And Your Bird Can Sing [take 3]
and needs to be isolated and edited.
Ants

Post by Ants »

csnyfan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:29 am Track06 identified the source of the previously unknown I'm Only Sleeping take 1 snippet from VAL: Guy Garvey's Finest Hour radio show. There is another new snippet in that show, too:
John: "Are you ready boy - this is it"
from
1968-09-18 Birthday [unknown take ii] HS(RB)
is actually from
18 And Your Bird Can Sing [take 3]
and needs to be isolated and edited.
I always wonder how these radio shows/TV specials can have access to new unheard stuff.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

[unknown take ii]?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

MaxiBoxFromHulbury wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:06 am
harrylime wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:57 am
MaxiBoxFromHulbury wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:18 am

Restating my question, what does that mix has that the 1 5.1 and the YS 5.1 doesn't? How it difers from the YSS?
I'm puzzled by this as well, I'm failing to hear anything new. Maybe the name just reflects the final multitrack, as take 15 was the reduction mix of the final instrumental take 14 to a new tape (E59873) where the vocals were added to the other three tracks, hence "15 with additional overdubs". To be precise, April 29th for the vocals (2 lead and chorus harmony with John and George) except for the final counterpoint "I look at the all the lonely people" heard from 1:48, which was recorded on June 6th by George Martin's suggestion. All have been present in every mix afaik. This mix does feature the most clear vocals, especially the two lead vocals separated far left and right during "All the lonely people, where do they all belong". These are more centered (fusing into one) in both YSS and 1 stereo mixes.
Yup. I'm guessing the track was misnamed. Thought that it was the full 4 tracks of take 15 with additional vocals found elsewhere. Also, if the strings are separated, wouldn't that make it " Take 14 + Take 15 Overdubs"?
Sorry, been away viewing the eclipse! Eleanor Rigby on YSS has some vocal overdubs not used elsewhere from about 31 to 45 seconds and again at 1:02 to 1:15. Everywhere else those portions are ADT'd, but YSS has a unique double-tracking. The problem with just using YSS is that the strings are out-of-sync, hence the mash-up with the 1 5.1. I suppose it should be "take 14+take 15 including unused overdubs", but i think the current description is close enough.
Last edited by masterjedi on Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 am Sorry, been away viewing the eclipse!
Did you get a good glimpse of it? Here, we had nothing but clouds, clouds, and more clouds. All told, I was only able to see the eclipse for about 90 seconds. And even that was in the earliest minutes. Funny though, the clouds disappeared about 30 minutes after the eclipse ended.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

20YearsAgo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:17 am
masterjedi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 am Sorry, been away viewing the eclipse!
Did you get a good glimpse of it? Here, we had nothing but clouds, clouds, and more clouds. All told, I was only able to see the eclipse for about 90 seconds. And even that was in the earliest minutes. Funny though, the clouds disappeared about 30 minutes after the eclipse ended.
Yes, traveled to near Indianapolis and it was almost perfect weather! A highlight of my life for sure!
MaxiBoxFromHulbury

Post by MaxiBoxFromHulbury »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 am
MaxiBoxFromHulbury wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:06 am
harrylime wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:57 am I'm puzzled by this as well, I'm failing to hear anything new. Maybe the name just reflects the final multitrack, as take 15 was the reduction mix of the final instrumental take 14 to a new tape (E59873) where the vocals were added to the other three tracks, hence "15 with additional overdubs". To be precise, April 29th for the vocals (2 lead and chorus harmony with John and George) except for the final counterpoint "I look at the all the lonely people" heard from 1:48, which was recorded on June 6th by George Martin's suggestion. All have been present in every mix afaik. This mix does feature the most clear vocals, especially the two lead vocals separated far left and right during "All the lonely people, where do they all belong". These are more centered (fusing into one) in both YSS and 1 stereo mixes.
Sorry, been away viewing the eclipse! Eleanor Rigby on YSS has some vocal overdubs not used elsewhere from about 31 to 45 seconds and again at 1:02 to 1:15. Everywhere else those portions are ADT'd, but YSS has a unique double-tracking. The problem with just using YSS is that the strings are out-of-sync, hence the mash-up with the 1 5.1. I suppose it should be "take 14+take 15 including unused overdubs", but i think the current description is close enough.
Thanks a lot for the clarification! Hope you enjoyed the eclipse. I watched NASA's stream as my state wasn't on the totality path. Really a breathtaking view.