Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
iPanggo

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Post by iPanggo »

hallucalation wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 pm So what are the current plan for Let It Be set? Everything from nagras and multis (which will make it monstrosity and months to make) or just multis and vintage mixes (preferably) ? I'm actually more eager to hear Abbey Road as it's been years since someone made best sources for that.
Regarding the Get Back sessions, I suggest you to keep an eye out for my Watching Rainbows set coming out in a few weeks. Me and my team are putting tons of work on it, it's basically the next A/B Road / New Blue Soap replacement.
Anyway, I suggest Masterjedi to just compile multitrack material. I can help with sources, also restoring edits and such. I've gathered tons of experience by working on my set.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

iPanggo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:32 am
hallucalation wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 pm So what are the current plan for Let It Be set? Everything from nagras and multis (which will make it monstrosity and months to make) or just multis and vintage mixes (preferably) ? I'm actually more eager to hear Abbey Road as it's been years since someone made best sources for that.
Regarding the Get Back sessions, I suggest you to keep an eye out for my Watching Rainbows set coming out in a few weeks. Me and my team are putting tons of work on it, it's basically the next A/B Road / New Blue Soap replacement.
Is there upgraded sources compared to A/B Road set? What's the difference? Just asking as i was never follower of that material.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

hallucalation wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:27 am
Is there upgraded sources compared to A/B Road set? What's the difference? Just asking as i was never follower of that material.
See the introduction in its update thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6558
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

I noticed a lot of unique audio from the McCartney 1...2...3... set that hasn't been used for this project. Or am I possibly missing something?
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

dumbchops wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm I noticed a lot of unique audio from the McCartney 1...2...3... set that hasn't been used for this project. Or am I possibly missing something?
Unique as in unique mix, or unique performance? Isolation mixes are generally not included unless they have something exclusive. Some 3,2,1 stuff is in the set (WMGGW countin with bass overdub, for example).
Martin85

Post by Martin85 »

Sorry, I don't know if I missed it, but is there any artwork from volume 13?
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

No artwork yet, from me anyway. I recently started work on vol. 12. Not yet ready but a lot done. Just need to look for some pictures. Not yet started with volume 13 which will be much more challenging.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

beatlesondvd wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:17 am Hello Masterjedi. Great work you're doing! I've just noticed that Disc 2 of IMP's "The Ballad of John and Yoko" has an extra 0:11 at the beginning of the 'George? Don't get in the way of the organ yet' fragment (4 June 1968), whereas the source you used fades in late.

Also, John Winn states in 'That Magic Feeling' that the bitching between George and George Martin ('There's no point in Mr. Martin being uptight') occurred on 19 July, rather than 24 July, since Paul and John refer to it later on in that earlier session.
Impressive catch about the Revolution overdub tape! It appears the IMP source is more complete before and after that section. I'll add it to the list of future updates.

As for the Sexy Sadie outtake, the White Album Deluxe book says it's from before take 47 on the second night. I know there's some inconsistencies in those notes, but I'm more inclined to believe that than the guess that John Winn is making based on circumstantial evidence.

thank you so much, beatlesondvd!
dinsdalep

Post by dinsdalep »

masterjedi wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:52 pm As for the Sexy Sadie outtake, the White Album Deluxe book says it's from before take 47 on the second night. I know there's some inconsistencies in those notes, but I'm more inclined to believe that than the guess that John Winn is making based on circumstantial evidence.
Me too!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

dinsdalep wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:34 pm
masterjedi wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:52 pm As for the Sexy Sadie outtake, the White Album Deluxe book says it's from before take 47 on the second night. I know there's some inconsistencies in those notes, but I'm more inclined to believe that than the guess that John Winn is making based on circumstantial evidence.
Me too!
Thanks John, no offense intended!