Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
hallucalation

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Post by hallucalation »

Apparently 2014 vinyl version of Mono Masters using alternate mono mix of "It's All Too Much" compared to 2009 CD box set.

Discussion here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... t-30330011

Vinyl rip: hxxps://we.tl/t-eykxUNX9lu

I guess we need to add that to MMT volume? Since it's not common and cannot be found digitally via official route.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

hallucalation wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:10 pm Apparently 2014 vinyl version of Mono Masters using alternate mono mix of "It's All Too Much" compared to 2009 CD box set.

Discussion here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... t-30330011

Vinyl rip: hxxps://we.tl/t-eykxUNX9lu

I guess we need to add that to MMT volume? Since it's not common and cannot be found digitally via official route.
Interesting. Not sure I have the vinyl of Mono Masters, but from the discussion it appears the vinyl is an edit of the long mono mix which is already present.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

I guess I do have Pbthal's rip of the Mono Masters vinyl. Aside from the handclaps being the same as the Pepperland version as mentioned on the SH board, the phasing on the vocals is identical, whereas the phasing on the Mono Masters CD is very different, indicating it was applied during mixing, and impossible to get the same twice. The vinyl is just an edited down long version which we already have.
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

masterjedi wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:06 am I guess I do have Pbthal's rip of the Mono Masters vinyl. Aside from the handclaps being the same as the Pepperland version as mentioned on the SH board, the phasing on the vocals is identical, whereas the phasing on the Mono Masters CD is very different, indicating it was applied during mixing, and impossible to get the same twice. The vinyl is just an edited down long version which we already have.
Can you share that rip? I'm not sure which rip i shared
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Sure, although I don't think it's any better or worse than yours. As with most vinyl rips, just depends on if you like everything above 20kHz to be distortion, or filtered distortion. ;)

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/16TimVlVLA67KoL5asnYh9fAg53vnCFGm/view?usp=sharing
AWster

Post by AWster »

So I have the Mono Masters 3 LP set. I don't have a way of ripping the vinyl, but at least I can for once contribute to this thread by copying the linear notes for you all for the four YS songs:
The group then released two albums in quick succession. The double-LP The Beatles yielded no singles. Released two months later in January, 1969, the soundtrack album Yellow Submarine included just four previously unreleased Beatles songs. One of them - 'Only a Northern Song' [Side 5 Track 1] - undergone such a complex recording process that only a mono mix had been completed in April, 1967. An artificially enhanced - or fake - stereo version had been created for this for the stereo album. The mono LP was produced during the cutting process the stereo album. The mono LP was produced during the cutting process by a 'fold down' mix - simply combining the left and right channels from the stereo master tape. The previously unreleased mono mix of 'Only A Northern Song' was made available for the first time on the 2009 remastered (stereo) Yellow Submarine and on the CD version of Mono Masters.

Although released in 'fold down' mono, each of the other previously unreleased songs on the soundtrack album had actually been given a unique mono mix. When there was a plan to make the four songs available on a seven-inch EP running at LP speed, a mono master tape for the proposed record was compiled in March, 1969. Interestingly, this tape did not feature the 'fold down' versions on the mono LP but the proper mono mixes. Here they are: 'All Together Now' [S5 Track 2] mixed in May, 1967, 'Hey Bulldog' [S5 Track 3] mixed in February, 1968 and 'It's All Too Much' [S5 Track 4] mixed in October, 1968 - seventeen months after it was first recorded.
So I've always taken it that this was the place to get the official versions of the latter three songs in mono.
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks masterjedi !!
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

So what are the current plan for Let It Be set? Everything from nagras and multis (which will make it monstrosity and months to make) or just multis and vintage mixes (preferably) ? I'm actually more eager to hear Abbey Road as it's been years since someone made best sources for that.
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

hallucalation wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 pm So what are the current plan for Let It Be set? Everything from nagras and multis (which will make it monstrosity and months to make) or just multis and vintage mixes (preferably) ? I'm actually more eager to hear Abbey Road as it's been years since someone made best sources for that.
Same here, looking forward to Abbey Road than LIB since csnyfan also has done some nice outtakes on AR sessions. The LIB sessions is massive and to be honest, I haven't listened to the complete nagra tapes.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Hello Masterjedi. Great work you're doing! I've just noticed that Disc 2 of IMP's "The Ballad of John and Yoko" has an extra 0:11 at the beginning of the 'George? Don't get in the way of the organ yet' fragment (4 June 1968), whereas the source you used fades in late.

Also, John Winn states in 'That Magic Feeling' that the bitching between George and George Martin ('There's no point in Mr. Martin being uptight') occurred on 19 July, rather than 24 July, since Paul and John refer to it later on in that earlier session.
Last edited by beatlesondvd on Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.