Superb Premium CDs

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
yymca6

Re: Superb Premium CDs

Post by yymca6 »

I just deleted the Indianapolis 1964 set from my Google link.
Yves
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

yymca6 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:47 pm[...] any of my numerous big links
I just wanted to thank you for these. (I forget the Thank feature.) I joined only recently, having taken a break from the Beatles for a few years, and a few of those Google Drive shares were a godsend. As I mentioned above I don't really get the hype when it comes to this particular set, but finding (for example) the Purple Chick DEs and coltturkey's Ultimate Live collection all together in one place helped me out a lot. :P
Last edited by Tolvo on Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

yymca6 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:47 pm Wew relax man. Since you put it up I thought it would be nice that it could be included in my Google link.
Sorry if I haven't thanked you so far I've been on conference calls for the past few hours.
Sorry if it pissed you off but I am thanking you anyway for what you have posted recently, and even before.
Make no mistake I'll never rip you off and none of your future shares will ever appear in any of my numerous big links.
I will definitely rethink when it will be time to renew my Google Drive premium.
BTW that conversation might have pretty well been private, so I wouldn't be pissed of also.
Yymca6, you do good work here. I very much appreciate your work on tagging others' shares. That is extremely helpful.

But can you understand why swooping in on someone's fresh share and bundling it onto your own thread might not be appreciated by the original uploader? How would you feel if someone transferred all the titles from your Google Drive onto their own Google Drive, and then put it on a separate thread of their own?

You're mad at me for not keeping this "private." Mind you, you never thought to even THANK me for the original share. Nor did you reach out to me privately to ask if I minded what you were doing. You never said didley before you decided to make a public post saying that you've just taken my fresh share and added it to your thread. And now YOU are mad at me for taking offense at this?

For the record, I'd have no problem if you or anyone added the share to your google drive AFTER the original wetransfer expired. That would be helpful. To do so before anyone really noticed my original share strikes me as predatory.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

Well this is awkward.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Well well well. I see my last post and answer to 20YearsAgo was deleted.

Taking a break.
Yves
sternla

Post by sternla »

Well I just want to add that Yves is one of the best people in this forum.
He does so much for everybody and goes way underappreciated.
I did a major share a couple of years ago here and he tagged a bunch of it for me.
I think that having the all in one location shares is a benefit for all.
I also think that the vast majority of things shared here happen without much thanks.
it shouldnt be the reason to do it. There is basically an assumption that once you post soemthing here you are making it available for use by the community.
I did find that when I posted things here it led to a huge amount of fix this fix that can you also post this responses and it was to much for me so I decided to "fly under the radar" because of it.
Some shares here have made it here from me through others and I appreciate their willingness to brave this community.
I give thanks on this thanksgiving to all those who have been willing to share things here so that we may all have the benefits therof.

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the Beatles community.