What videos do you want to see?

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Fun 4 None

What videos do you want to see?

Post by Fun 4 None »

Haven't done a Q&A with everyone in a while so here goes. What videos would you like to see Beatle YouTubers make? Could be restoration, reconstruction, colorization, anything. I'd like to know what you're interested in. This can apply to any Beatle tuber, though this isn't a legitimate proposal for any of them to do any of these. Just a thread to share suggestions. Cheers
stereoman33

Re: What videos do you want to see?

Post by stereoman33 »

1) I am the walrus ..synched to the mono USA single mix...and perhaps even in a true stereo remix of the usa single all the way through, although nobody has got that one right yet even just as an audio only option.the closest I've heard used the Uk stereo not the usa stereo in the first 2 minutes

2) a nice version of get back, with the coda at the end included
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I would like to see colour Japan 66 footage synched up with studio recordings of the relevant songs.

On a bigger scale, everywhere there is footage for a song - be it live, extracted from movies like Help and Yellow Sub, or official output like Something and Lady Madonna, a set of 'videos' for as many Beatles tracks as possible. Some of the movies in particular, you could pull out the relevant section and you have a video for Another Girl, Lucy In The Sky, Fool On The Hill, and so on. I reckon you could cover maybe two thirds of the songs that way without forcing the issue.
xpoolthai

Post by xpoolthai »

I would love to see this one
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

I'd love to see the Tony Cox video footage from early 1970.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I want to see more videos of people showing their old bootleg lps.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Which video do I want to see?
The same one that stole America's heart!!! Do you have THAT one?
Everyone has seen it! Many actually saw it upon it's world premier airing on February 9, 1964! Since then, it has been available to purchase...and, yes, I purchased the official product before I realized something VERY interesting about THAT Historic Event. In fact, the official product is a treated piece of 'proof', the function of which is to blur the lines and therefore, AVOID, any scrutiny that would suggest something that is painfully obvious. THAT is all I want to say in plain English. My request is simply a desire to show people the power of technology and how any world-changing events are presented as official journalism when they are really clever PRODUCTIONS. (End of prologue)...
What I wish I could see, is a video...but, I will settle for a single photo...of The Beatles during their PERFORMANCE(ie songs played on the show) that also shows the studio audience. I'm NOT interested in ANY NON-Broadcast Ed Sullivan hoopla such as photo op day, alternate set-ups and interviews with Ed that were not used. I'm talking about ANY shot or footage that is from the broadcast performance that ALSO shows the audience or pans to it. If you plan on showing me the audience from the official DVDs...they are brutal examples of technical incompetence that can't even master the VOLUME CONTROL when transitioning/cutting from group to audience...from audience to Ed...from group to Ed...from Ed to Audience. Let me know when you find one. Realize that I only recently discovered the Netherland's video with Jimmy Nichols on drums. The points of interest are the CONSTANT inclusion of the audience in almost every angle that we see. It is also painfully obvious that The Beatles are miming to a pre-recorded tape of the LIVE performance. But, the Netherlands, nor, alas...Jimmy Nichols ever played a role on the biggest day of the Beatles existence. And, apparently, neither did a studio audience. Thank you, folks. Please forgive any suspicions of apparent animosity. Nobody loves The Beatles more than I do. I just want to save you some time in case you get your factual history from the illusory source that is television. Realize that I searched for twenty years...finally gave up...then, about 8 or 9 years ago, got booted off of the Steve Hoffman Forum for making the same request for a single photo.
You don't need a college degree to understand television. You only need to watch with the volume muted. Ed's show is a crudely butchered template production that takes a whole week to assemble. NOBODY is in the studio on Sunday nights during 'live' broadcast. I will be here...
THANK YOU, in advance.
KC

PS- The 1965 appearance was shot during off season when studio was dark. Yesterday(the song), live on stage with three violinists miming and screaming girls...silent girls...is laughable. And, also why they didn't show the classical musicians...or the audience. Soupy Sales and Topo Gigio are the only times Ed shows an audience hanging out. Watch any Ed Sullivan show and let me know when you see the audience with Ed...or, with the weekly talent. Just one photo...all of those cameras...the most historic day in popular culture...the biggest day in Colonialism...and nobody took the picture I need. That is not an accident! And, NOW...Here they AREN'T...
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

How about a ticket? Would that make you happy?
The first Beatles on Ed Sullivan DVD package included post cards that were fabricated to beg the ignorance of the standard tv viewer. Ed standing next to a poster board that is scribbled with the breakdown of each segment of the hour long broadcast. What? That isn't heee-larious enough? Well, it isn't funny because it isn't even real. Who would that poster be for? Ed??? Pleaaaase! So, anyway, they finally sold all of the first run DVD sets...OR, DID they? The second issue of the same set was in 2010. Sadly, the post cards are gone(I wonder why). But, they were replaced by an actual-sized facsimile of an audience member admission ticket. Ahhh! The sweet smell of illusion! That feels much better. Now, if they could normalize the audio. Maybe, they will include Jelly Babies in the 3rd edition. Who's hungry???
KC
TheBeatlesVideos

Post by TheBeatlesVideos »

beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:40 am I'd love to see the Tony Cox video footage from early 1970.
I had the 8min copy on my old YouTube channel but Yoko ended up giving me a strike on every single John video which is what got that channel terminated.
Tex

Post by Tex »

People will laugh but I'd like to hear the Feb 1964 press conference in stereo. Surely there are multiple audio sources given how many microphones there were.