What videos do you want to see?

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
stereoman33

Re: What videos do you want to see?

Post by stereoman33 »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:33 pm People will laugh but I'd like to hear the Feb 1964 press conference in stereo. Surely there are multiple audio sources given how many microphones there were.
multiple sources? a 5.1 surround mix! feel like you're in the crowd!
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

TheBeatlesVideos wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:36 am
beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:40 am I'd love to see the Tony Cox video footage from early 1970.
I had the 8min copy on my old YouTube channel but Yoko ended up giving me a strike on every single John video which is what got that channel terminated.
Yes, I saw that one. I'd love to see the don't-know-how-many-hours of footage that are circulating amongst high-end collectors.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'd like to see the taped rehearsal for the Dutch tv appearance. This exists, yes.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:11 am I'd like to see the taped rehearsal for the Dutch tv appearance. This exists, yes.
I concur! The Dutch show is a valuable piece of context that explains the predicament they would already be a little slow to consider. I have trouble believing that their Reeperbahn apprenticeship hadn't made them more sensible. Hadn't they really understood the phenomenal wake behind them was of a newer, much larger, scale than the world had ever seen. They are lucky to have gotten out of this venue unharmed. The crowd is a bunch of testosterone heavy punks who don't know how to behave...or, maybe Netherlands beat Detroit to the punch in a campaign to 'stamp out The Beatles'. Watching Neil and Mal pushing them out of the chaos is frightening. Paul McCartney certainly hadn't ever thought he would be physically provoked by a local crowd member as he sang on stage. As much as I like Brian Epstein, I would have kicked his f*cking ass over this appearance. DAMAGE CONTROL is not the artist's responsibility. Isn't performing hard enough with a replacement drummer and a pre-recorded tape? Thank you, Lord Reith. I would love to see it. I wonder if the audience was in place for the rehearsal. This is bigger than FAME. Get me PROTECTION!!!
KC
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

I like all the suggestions so far.. One area I particularly enjoy is the montage videos. I remember seeing for the first time the version of Twist and Shout in the Anthology and being really impressed with the editing, using several performances to create a 'new' video. I've dabbled myself over the years, using the Anthology as an influence, with varying degrees of success. One of the better ones, although still a bit clunky is here..

She Loves You montage:

I did this about 7 years ago and better sources and upgrades have surfaced since then. I may return to this and improve it.. The likes of Kitsu etc are doing excellent work and montages these days..
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for sharing the She Loves You montage.....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Kwai Chang wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:30 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:11 am I'd like to see the taped rehearsal for the Dutch tv appearance. This exists, yes.
I concur! The Dutch show is a valuable piece of context that explains the predicament they would already be a little slow to consider. I have trouble believing that their Reeperbahn apprenticeship hadn't made them more sensible. Hadn't they really understood the phenomenal wake behind them was of a newer, much larger, scale than the world had ever seen. They are lucky to have gotten out of this venue unharmed. The crowd is a bunch of testosterone heavy punks who don't know how to behave...or, maybe Netherlands beat Detroit to the punch in a campaign to 'stamp out The Beatles'. Watching Neil and Mal pushing them out of the chaos is frightening. Paul McCartney certainly hadn't ever thought he would be physically provoked by a local crowd member as he sang on stage. As much as I like Brian Epstein, I would have kicked his f*cking ass over this appearance. DAMAGE CONTROL is not the artist's responsibility. Isn't performing hard enough with a replacement drummer and a pre-recorded tape? Thank you, Lord Reith. I would love to see it. I wonder if the audience was in place for the rehearsal. This is bigger than FAME. Get me PROTECTION!!!
KC
Pity Nicol was such a wanker. I read an interview from 1985 where he says that "Ringo was not a real drummer" and that The Beatles were a bad band.

My response of that is to listen to any of the recordings of him on the 64 tour. If anyone was a crap drummer, it was him!
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Original PAL videos in that source instead of NTSC conversions.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Megazeti wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:13 pm Original PAL videos in that source instead of NTSC conversions.
LIKE.
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

But the market is so heavy in the favor of NTSC conversions from say way back in the 90s or earlier so consequently a lot of conversions and pal>ntsc cons and attempts of convering the ntsc 'pal conversion'>back to pal attempts have almost obliterated the very PAL sources they originated from its almost hopeless to get a transfer from the original source it came from.
Last edited by Megazeti on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.