1966-04-06 and beyond, Revolver Sessions upgrades 7-22 June

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Kwai Chang

Re: 1966-04-06 and beyond, Revolver Sessions upgrades 20 May

Post by Kwai Chang »

jpgrcat wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:14 pm I was age 6 this day in 1966, & now, I'm age 62...56 years difference
How would a REVOLVER birthday be alluded to?
Cake and ice cream and another year passed you by!
We said I know know know you're wrong I said
When I was a boy I felt like my birth had never been born!
Everything was right even though you want to receive
And now you believe that music's a bridge
Just get over it please!
Happy REVOLVER, jpgrcat!
But, let me smooth out the ripples with some good news. This album won't see completion for a month. Nobody really understands what this record will become. It will rewrite the future of music. It was a totem that spoke louder than all enlightenment and it left much to be desired in terms of psychedelic chemicals. The music is the message and the word is good. The Sgt Pepper album will hide its emptiness with colors and Within You Without You. The rest is self parody. What about using a cover of REVOLVER to cinch down the load on the Stones' NP-2 front cover! Too psychedelic for amateurs? And a real bust for Michael Cooper...
Klaus Voorman, stand right up!
Thanks, Magoocus!
KC
magoocus

Re: 1966-04-06 and beyond, Revolver Sessions upgrades 26 May

Post by magoocus »

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZfjOk14uI--t2RbzsSHBdTCNioC6ktls/view?usp=sharing

May 26th 1966 – Studio Three, 7:00pm-1:00am

01. Yellow Submarine – Take 1 chat and count in – Rock Band from YCC. John: "It's twenty to
ten and we still got to make us a record." Take 1 had a longer intro. GM is absent with food
poisoning, which TMF mentions may have been the reason for the next session not being until
1 June.

02. Yellow Submarine – Take 4 chat – Rock Band from YCC.

03. Yellow Submarine – Take 4 – basic take mix from moggs with the coda edited on from the
previous version of this track, faded up. The mogg ending is faked as well as having Mal on
the bass drum which was part of the later overdubs.

04. Yellow Submarine – Take 4 – Lead and backing vocal overdub from the bluray 5.1 center
channel mostly, with numerous small edits including the intro from DFTC, clean vocal opening
from Anthology 5.1 center channel, some background edits to reduce the spill from the later
effects overdubs, and final chorus from the SL channel. Ending faded up for an extra line or
two.

05. Yellow Submarine – Take 4 second vocal overdub, from the bluray FR channel for the first
chorus, then the SR for the last two choruses (it's cleaner - edit in the 2nd chorus is obvious);
also faded up. At the end of the session a reduction mix was made into take 5, combining all the
vocals and freeing up two tracks for the sound effects.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Keep up the good work! Thanks!
Yves
InnerLight

Post by InnerLight »

Thanks, magoocus. 8-)
jpa

Post by jpa »

Thanks again!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME .... Wouldn't it be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G if we had the same in depth sessions for all of their albums !!!!
Sheldi

Post by Sheldi »

Can we confirm the urban myth that somewhere in YS, John says "Paul's a queer, Paul's a queer."

I was told of this by a Sixties musician friend back in 1980, who swore he heard it when listening to YS on (60s) state of the art headphones. Not heard it myself, though I know where it's supposed to be.
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

BTL1210 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:29 am AWESOME .... Wouldn't it be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G if we had the same in depth sessions for all of their albums !!!!
Some of them have been done. Check earlier in this thread for Rubber Soul 50th And Lady Madonna sessions links. There's another thread with the Sgt Pepper set (and another with an uncredited copy of it). MMT was done around the same time. All were pre-mogg except the Rubber Soul update. The White Album (History and Synthesis of Western Music) was done just after the moggs so is a bit more comprehensive. All need a revision with the new software; not that I'll ever do them. Maybe. Abbey Road was begun but never finished. And our friend Gabe did a good Help! (or was it AHDN :? ) set. All of them were shared on the old BZ at some point.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You again for sharing your hard work with us .
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I love concept projects like this! With evolving technology, new multichannel mixes, and using the detailed written material documenting such specific tasks during each day's session - we can take collecting sessions even further! Since collecting Takes depends on availability and over the years we have learned those limitations - NOW - we can RECREATE the other session work beyond just Takes - and reconstruct SI overdub tracks, reduction mixes, and isolate other production techniques they recorded.

Keep it up!