Req - Men & Horses, Hoops & Garters

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
mitchellmichael

Re: Req - Men & Horses, Hoops & Garters

Post by mitchellmichael »

Cool all! Thanks for the work and the post!
Cheers
Mike
returntopepperland

Post by returntopepperland »

Had this in mp3 for god knows how many thousands of years. Huge thanks for the FLAC version!
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, MojoFilter! :D
Ale.
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you very much !
Rui

Post by Rui »

What Label Is This Under? :thinking:
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Yves
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

That Beatfile issue is a pirate. This set was originally sent out by mail tree in 2001. I'm sure now that I was on that tree. There was no label name identified on the packaging or disc label. All I remember about it is that it was assembled by several collectors, including a guy whose username was Veech.

You're welcome, guys, glad I could help out!
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

mojofilter wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:02 pm That Beatfile issue is a pirate. This set was originally sent out by mail tree in 2001. I'm sure now that I was on that tree. There was no label name identified on the packaging or disc label. All I remember about it is that it was assembled by several collectors, including a guy whose username was Veech.

Which proves that Discogs is not always a good info source. Thanks mojo!
Yves
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Discogs is only as good as the people who post there...but sometimes not even that good. I know there are people out there who have never seen copies of some of the releases posted there, who claim that the posters did not do an accurate job of posting, and downvote them, changing important (and accurate) information in the process. I've been on the "Contributor Improvement Program" list for about 3-4 years because some techno goober was convinced that Lesley Gore's "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows," or something else like it, was an "EP," and managed to downvote my changing it (repeatedly) to "single" often enough that I was barred from editing. That's okay, though...gives me more time to work on collecting.

But, yeah, if someone had the "Beatfile" copy of this, and posted it...and no one else posted anything about a set of files traded via tree...then it would be the only listing for it. The site only lists (as I remember) one "counterfeit" version of "Introducing the Beatles," but I have at least two counterfeits (early '70s and late '70s) in my possession, very different from each other.

But, Yves, your link was to http://www.beatleg.info/music/docs/beat ... 092cdr.htm and not Discogs!
Last edited by thewarpedvinyljunkie on Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
InnerLight

Post by InnerLight »

mojofilter wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:02 pm That Beatfile issue is a pirate. This set was originally sent out by mail tree in 2001. I'm sure now that I was on that tree. There was no label name identified on the packaging or disc label. All I remember about it is that it was assembled by several collectors, including a guy whose username was Veech.

100%. I wasn't on the tree but the original was just a non-label fan compilation. I think I originally got it off of Usenet as mp3, and then on the old BZ I posted that asking for FLAC upgrade which is what I posted here.