New Blue Soap - 2022 update on 2020 project

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
mitchellmichael

Re: New Blue Soap - 2022 update on 2020 project

Post by mitchellmichael »

iPanggo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:50 pm
mitchellmichael wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 pm
dumbchops wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:04 am I have to be clear though, it is not meant to be in competition with the upcoming Watching Rainbows set in any way.
Sorry for my ignorance here but, what is this 'Watching Rainbows' set? New official or bootleg stuff?

MM
Basically, it's a set I'm doing which aims at being the most complete, accurate and high quality reconstruction of the Get Back sessions. Me and my team are remastering all of the best sources (both nagra and multitrack) and we're also creating a new numbering system to replace DDSI. It’s still a work in progress, even though it's kinda close to being finished.
Awesome! I look forward to hearing this!

MM
Cheers
Mike
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:05 am Suspicious position 0:00:59
I use Exact Audio Copy and I come up with this error a lot. I have a Blu-ray burner that I'm using for ripping, and it always starts slow and starts speeding up dramatically on the first track. The first tracks always have that "suspicious position" as do other tracks sometimes. If I re-rip just those tracks while the Blu-ray drive is still going, the tracks often come back with no errors. I honestly have no idea if this is similar to the issues you had with those discs, but I do encounter this frequently with my drive.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

dumbchops wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:09 pm
cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:05 am Suspicious position 0:00:59
I use Exact Audio Copy and I come up with this error a lot. I have a Blu-ray burner that I'm using for ripping, and it always starts slow and starts speeding up dramatically on the first track. The first tracks always have that "suspicious position" as do other tracks sometimes. If I re-rip just those tracks while the Blu-ray drive is still going, the tracks often come back with no errors. I honestly have no idea if this is similar to the issues you had with those discs, but I do encounter this frequently with my drive.
The errors were present with different drives and ripping software. These discs were just glitchy. But most of the issues were not audible and Masterjedi summed all the best rips of those discs together to present the best version possible.