I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Long Tall Sally)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Much2Much

Re: I AM THE WORMHOLE

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you Lord Reith for the beginnings of yet another interesting project.
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:33 am Being true professionals, The Beatles always actually sang when they were miming to their records on tv. It makes for a far more convincing effect.

Recently I've been experimenting with quantum mechanics and thought it would be fun to place a small spacetime wormhole in front of one of The Beatles' microphones and listen in. There is video too, but that's just the tv show. For the moment, my worms are all blind.

First up is Roll Over Beethoven, where we hear a few lyrical changes from George and a bit of laughter. Then we have All My Loving, with John trying to make Paul corspse by pulling faces (and succeeding). Then we have Hey Jude, with some pretty amazing vocals by Paul, and a few screams and wonky harmonies from John.

Image https://tinyurl.com/expires-17-jan

Now if I can just find the quantum co-ordinates for the Top Ten Club...
Thank you, very well done.
Somehow I seem to remember that these isolations from the Dutch concert had been produced earlier. Am I wrong?
PuppetMaster

Post by PuppetMaster »

very interesting project indeed, thank you for sharing the end results :)
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:33 am Being true professionals, The Beatles always actually sang when they were miming to their records on tv. It makes for a far more convincing effect.

Recently I've been experimenting with quantum mechanics and thought it would be fun to place a small spacetime wormhole in front of one of The Beatles' microphones and listen in. There is video too, but that's just the tv show. For the moment, my worms are all blind.

First up is Roll Over Beethoven, where we hear a few lyrical changes from George and a bit of laughter. Then we have All My Loving, with John trying to make Paul corspse by pulling faces (and succeeding). Then we have Hey Jude, with some pretty amazing vocals by Paul, and a few screams and wonky harmonies from John.

Image https://tinyurl.com/expires-17-jan

Now if I can just find the quantum co-ordinates for the Top Ten Club...
Thanks LR! These would be on the category of live vocals over recorded tracks. Would you be able to add just the backing tracks without the original vocals?
FestVideoRoom

Post by FestVideoRoom »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:10 pm Easy!

Ringo is saying "Everybody sway". He then starts swaying himself.
Er. No. Actually, having seen this countless times over many years, I'm reasonably certain that Ringo says:
"(Get) off my drums, y' swine!"
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

I had to make a gif of good ol' Jimmy.
jimmy nichol 4.gif
jimmy nichol 4.gif (1.68 MiB) Viewed 1560 times
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thankyou, Spacetime Troopers! I will do some more yes.
jpgrjd wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:45 pm Looks and sounds amazing.

Having no idea how to use this modern AI technology I was just wondering if it is possible to take the music part of the mimed backing track from these versions, having removed the vocals, and then place these live vocals back on top! Or I suppose another way is to remove only the vocals associated with the records they are miming to?

If I'm talking rubbish just let me know.

John
I can do that yes. Btw there's no such thing as talking rubbish in my book. The more preposterous the better!
aslak wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:53 pm I agree. Fascinating.

Seeing the Hey Jude clip again makes me want to ask the question: what does Ringo say at the 3:44 mark? Can anybody lip-read what he says? Being uncharitable, I'd always thought whatever he said ended with something like ".....***king tw*t" but I am happy to be proved wrong.
Hmmm... I will study that more closely...
BDJ wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 pm Thank you, very well done.
Somehow I seem to remember that these isolations from the Dutch concert had been produced earlier. Am I wrong?
Are you doubting the power of my wormholes? Swine! :lol:

After I do some more of these, I plan to release QUEENIE (that's QUantum Entangled External Nexus Interdimensional Engine) versions of these historical events, in 4K 3-D multi camera multi disc editions:

The Day John Met Paul

Grassy Knoll (The Extended Cut)

The Crucifixion

My Tenth Birthday

John Lennon's Conception (X-rated Kitchen Floor Edition)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Welcome to Lord Reith's Mysterious World Of Beatles Clarity!
Thank you, Lord Reith. These three videos are as good a place to begin as ANY. Three unlikely places to find so many NEW questions. The first question is how can you be familiar with a video for so long and yet know nothing about it from memory. As Hey Jude played, I was not sure if I had ever seen this version. It had vocal parts that I don't recall hearing before. But, we can see that Paul's vocal is live. But, the backing track that they are miming to has a pre-recorded count in. I couldn't tell if Paul was harmonizing with a prerecorded guide vocal. But, at 2:07 we see Paul's mouth close before the vocals end. Also at 3:13, Paul's live vocal gets overpowered by his prerecorded(?) vocal crescendo. So we don't know how many takes were filmed but there are three different edits of the Hey Jude video. Each take filmed must have its own live vocal. But, HOW did they have an open mic and a live lead vocal without capturing any of the sounds of the audience? Multiple filmed takes, each with a live vocal could have been edited into individual performances with no shared footage...or, into a single performance from multiple takes. The audio for vocals is harder than for instruments so if they are miming to a prerecorded instrumental backing track, then they know a perfect live vocal is unlikely to happen and certainly not worth waiting for. So, my hunch is that a live performance video footage gets edited from the usable live footage that contains usable vocals and when the vocal is sub-standard, its corresponding video footage is replaced with innocuous footage of ANYTHING other than the singer. Which implies that the very last thing is to repair the vocals in the studio before the film can be broadcast. I'm only guessing but. I need to scrutinize the All My Loving and the Roll Over Beethoven clips. They also appear to be full of technical revelation.
Please, consider the February 9, 1964 LIVE performance for the next application.
Also,
In Unrelated News:
At the beginning of Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby(MONO)
and the end of Good Morning, Good Morning(MONO) where chicken turns into guitar note...
there is an anomaly that sounds like somebody leaned against the tape reel during recording or a brutal edit that should have been redone. These are the only two examples of poor workmanship that sound quite incompetent on all of their records. What happened? Time constraints? Laziness?
Any help is appreciated.
You know the rest...
KC
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

Thank for these. I am always so amazed at what you can do!
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much Lord Reith :)