I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Long Tall Sally)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
rtbcIII

Re: I AM THE WORMHOLE (new: Long Tall Sally)

Post by rtbcIII »

If this thread was a movie: https://youtu.be/pv3oDHGXdKI
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 pm Is it just me? Is there any point made in here? I don't get it
Thanks, MarkRJones...
That comment was my own attempt to satirize what it must be like to be named Michael Lindsay Hogg...when your real name is a burden. In Get Back and Let It Be he doesn't function like a director. His hidden mics aren't cutting edge. George Harrison is grilling him in the first 15 minutes about "recording this conversation". My previous gibberish was just trying to show that his limitations as a director might very well be related to his father's identity. I could care less about who he is. However, I can't believe I'm wrong about him being Terry Gilliam.
Next time, I will add a count-in to the comment(where the hyperbole begins).
Thank you, again!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

You can hear Paul taking the mickey out of the camp count-in voice at the start of the second take of Revolution. This was one of the engineers at Abbey Road, but I'm not sure which one. It certainly sounds ridiculous and was always a comedy highlight when on tv in the 80s they'd play the Revolution clip with that silly voice counting in. Even sillier than the "number nine, number nine" voice.

You'd think it was added so they'd know when to start miming, but then why does the mono mix of Not Guilty have the same phantom counter-inner? He isn't counting it in on the session tape. So what did they plan to do with Not Guilty that required a count-in to be added?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

bobzilla wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:21 am I've noticed that Kwai Chang has a habit of semi-incoherent rambling. He may know what he's talking about, but most of the time I don't have a clue.
bobzilla,
It's worse than that. I didn't understand any of it, either.
semi-incoherent rambling go home.
Thanks for your kind words!
I hope there are other takes of Revolution with different lead vocals.
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Kwai Chang wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:52 am
bobzilla wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:21 am I've noticed that Kwai Chang has a habit of semi-incoherent rambling. He may know what he's talking about, but most of the time I don't have a clue.
bobzilla,
semi-incoherent rambling go home.
Thanks for your kind words!
I hope there are other takes of Revolution with different lead vocals.
KC
I always enjoy your ramblings KC. You are our Maharishi. :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Any chance of a re-up on these? Thank you.
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Kwai Chang wrote:
IMHO coherence is sorely overrated, KC. But that won't stop those who've never actually done a roadhog, climbed up the Eiffel Tower or kept all their money in a big brown bag down at the zoo from tanning themselves in the English rain now, will it?

Goo goo ga joob and carry on, sir.

PS
Kwai Chang wrote:
what it must be like to be named Michael Lindsay Hogg
There are worse names in the Hogg family tree - just ask the "First Lady of Texas"!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg
Last edited by rtbcIII on Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Lord Reith wrote:
So what did they plan to do with Not Guilty that required a count-in to be added?
A shite-tonne of overdubbing, with a track bump-down or three in the bargain? Maybe syncing a guitar overdub to a track reduction while you're at it? I'm spitballing without benefit of Lewisohn here, but I recall that song had an unusual number of overdubs. There's something similar on Strawberry Fields for the orchestral backing, too. Bandmembers count-in to kick off a performance; engineers seem to count-in for syncing an overdub to a pre-existing track. Those were the days when machines were being linked, too. So I'm guessing it's somewhere in that realm. As always, your mileage may differ.
LFSDoc

Post by LFSDoc »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:37 am You can hear Paul taking the mickey out of the camp count-in voice at the start of the second take of Revolution. This was one of the engineers at Abbey Road, but I'm not sure which one. It certainly sounds ridiculous and was always a comedy highlight when on tv in the 80s they'd play the Revolution clip with that silly voice counting in. Even sillier than the "number nine, number nine" voice.

You'd think it was added so they'd know when to start miming, but then why does the mono mix of Not Guilty have the same phantom counter-inner? He isn't counting it in on the session tape. So what did they plan to do with Not Guilty that required a count-in to be added?
yes, that's baffling... I seem to remember someone (maybe @BZ) suggested it was Chris Thomas' voice.
LFSDoc

Post by LFSDoc »

LFSDoc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:14 pm
yes, that's baffling... I seem to remember someone (maybe @BZ) suggested it was Chris Thomas' voice.
could be...