Mind Games - John Lennon remix RE-UP 30-5-24)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
fishbeardsunset

Mind Games - John Lennon remix RE-UP 30-5-24)

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D Hi Everyone. I have been working on this one since October- (off and on), and finally finished it tonight and have given it a good blasting
through my old but trusty B&W 601's 8-)
Most tracks are total remixes with some sourced from 5.1 Dolby audio files- and have also been experimenting with a new audio technique to produce a better clarity of sound :roll: - so I hope you will enjoy the results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way I left out the Utopian National Anthem!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
******New upload as requested by bri286*********
Hey, fishbeardsunset
by bri286 » Thu May 30, 2024 12:31 » I'd love to hear your remix, but I was too late - any chance of a re-up, please nicely?
Many thanks in anticipation...
****NEW LINK expires JUNE 6th 2024 ****
hxxps://we.tl/t-k48dljH2Nc

Last edited by fishbeardsunset on Thu May 30, 2024 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
20YearsAgo

Re: Mind Games - John Lennon - new remix 2021

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Thank you!

About "Nutopian International Anthem" though: could you please reconsider this? I've always hated how the vocals sound on the track. Perhaps you could do something with them? :lol: :lol:
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks as always! But can you please post this elsewhere? On my Mac, Avast is giving this warning:

Infected URL: https://filepost.io/stream

Threat: URL:Mal

This URL contains malicious code that could harm your computer.
If you’re willing to risk it, you can turn off your Avast Web Shield to continue.
But we strongly recommend walking away from this one.
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Hi Alpha Beatles.. I understand your concerns but I personally would not trust "Avast" . I don't have a Mac so cannot comment - however, I posted my Beatles compilation the other day using the same web site and have had no other users experience the same situation. In addition I always scan my my files before I post them through McaFee as well

"FilePost makes file uploading and sharing extremely easy. Our servers use the latest security techniques to keep your data safe and protected at all times. All you need to do is create a link to share files for free Stress free downloads
To ensure safety, we scan all uploaded files for viruses. We keep our virus definitions current and update them hourly.
Be assured that any file you download from us is virus-free 💪".
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

alphabeatles wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:16 pm Thanks as always! But can you please post this elsewhere? On my Mac, Avast is giving this warning:

Infected URL: https://filepost.io/stream

Threat: URL:Mal

This URL contains malicious code that could harm your computer.
If you’re willing to risk it, you can turn off your Avast Web Shield to continue.
But we strongly recommend walking away from this one.
I'm running Norton on my PC. No such warning flags came up for me. I'm listening to the share now with no apparent problems.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks guys, I just started using Avast recently to see, and it is a bit sensitive... It is interesting to see what type of things try to load when you visit various websites!

So I just grabbed this file on another computer ;-)
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Thanks for this one too fishbeardsunset !
I'm on Mac too and had had no problems downloading, the site first asked me to accept their cookies (or something) and I clicked no, then I clicked on download. I have Malwarebytes and CleanMyMacX installed on this computer and they found no problems with it.
Happy New Year everybody :D Robert
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Alright, I fired this up after the adventures with virus protection (I think Avast doesn't like file-sharing sites) and it is the best-sounding complete version I have in my collection, other than the 2002 and 2004 releases! Only the handful of selected tracks used on 2020's Gimme Some Truth compare.

The other releases on vinyl and CD sound muddy by comparison.

Thanks again for your remixes! I keep them all ;-)
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

I don't know if there's any interest or not but I have the complete tracking and overdub sessions for "Nutopian National Anthem". I got it in a trade some time ago. The entire session lasts around 80 minutes or so. I'll go ahead and rip my cd in case anybody wants it.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

dumbchops wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:34 pm I don't know if there's any interest or not but I have the complete tracking and overdub sessions for "Nutopian National Anthem". I got it in a trade some time ago. The entire session lasts around 80 minutes or so. I'll go ahead and rip my cd in case anybody wants it.
Um, that 80-minute Nutopian overdub session is bogus. I found out the hard way after trading my previously uncirculating "Carnival of Light" acetate for it. The actual overdub session, according to people much higher up on the food chain than me, lasts only 35 minutes. But it's a pristine 35 minutes, totally untouched by NR like my 80-minute tape.