KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
MarkRJones1970

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (2021 Expanded Edition)

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I had a proper listen to some of this today while wrapping some Chrimbo presents. So, Lord Reith, where have all these little extra bits come from? Are you going to enlighten us? As well as the 5 extra seconds at the start of Matchbox I also heard some chat at the end of the complete version of Wildcat that has never been heard by us before and one of the One After 909s actually comes to a complete end, where previously it faded.

I'd love to know how you came across these. Do you have a note of which songs have new bits? Obviously I've loved hearing these extra bitties as I've been listening to these tracks since 1988.

While there hasn't been any new unheard stuff recently (has the well finally dried up?) and this is all rather minor to a Beatles nerd I still find hearing new bits, even if it is only just a few seconds, jolly exciting.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
jackb

Post by jackb »

These recordings have never sounded better. But to my ears the audio quality of Well Darlin' (on CD 1) and Well Darlin' full version (on CD 2) seem quite different. I prefer the quality of the version of disc 1 but the length on disc 2.
Jack
ashwom1

Post by ashwom1 »

Please can I have a re-up of the link for this one.

Was 100% sure I'd grabbed this. Can't find it anywhere!

Thank you.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

ashwom1 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:57 pm Please can I have a re-up of the link for this one.

Thank you.
hxxps://we.tl/t-FrntaaS1KR
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:09 pm
ashwom1 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:57 pm Please can I have a re-up of the link for this one.

Thank you.
Somehow missed this too - thank you
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

jackb wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:12 pm These recordings have never sounded better. But to my ears the audio quality of Well Darlin' (on CD 1) and Well Darlin' full version (on CD 2) seem quite different. I prefer the quality of the version of disc 1 but the length on disc 2.
Jack
That's why both are included. The shorter version is better quality but if you want to hear the whole thing you have to put up with a bit more hiss & fizzle!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
ashwom1

Post by ashwom1 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Thank you.
That's brilliant. Thank you 20YearsAgo.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:24 pm I had a proper listen to some of this today while wrapping some Chrimbo presents. So, Lord Reith, where have all these little extra bits come from? Are you going to enlighten us? As well as the 5 extra seconds at the start of Matchbox I also heard some chat at the end of the complete version of Wildcat that has never been heard by us before and one of the One After 909s actually comes to a complete end, where previously it faded.

I'd love to know how you came across these. Do you have a note of which songs have new bits? Obviously I've loved hearing these extra bitties as I've been listening to these tracks since 1988.
Well actually most of those extra bits are from Purple Chick's "Strong Before Our Birth" cd which came out quite a long time ago. Some of the other bits are from "The Braun Kircherr Tapes".
While there hasn't been any new unheard stuff recently (has the well finally dried up?) and this is all rather minor to a Beatles nerd I still find hearing new bits, even if it is only just a few seconds, jolly exciting.
I think there is probably more on the original Hans Walther Braun tape. What we have sound like extracts, like the old Get Back bootlegs. It's possible that most of the vocal tracks are from a compilation made by Rattles guitarist Frank Dostal in the late 70s. The instrumentals seem to be complete, so I think we might have all of Astrid's tape.
jackb wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:12 pm These recordings have never sounded better. But to my ears the audio quality of Well Darlin' (on CD 1) and Well Darlin' full version (on CD 2) seem quite different. I prefer the quality of the version of disc 1 but the length on disc 2.
Jack
The second one is from "The Braun Kircherr Tapes" which is horrible quality. I could have edited them together but the disparity between the two is too great. So I just left the better quality but incomplete version separate.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jackb

Post by jackb »

Lord Reith,
I thought the Well Darlin' that sounded best was because of the magic you work on tapes, but it seems you're saying the short version is from a better source.

Jack
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jackb wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:31 pm Lord Reith,
I thought the Well Darlin' that sounded best was because of the magic you work on tapes, but it seems you're saying the short version is from a better source.

Jack
The short one is a much better source yes. There's an extracts tape (or acetate, not sure) which is pretty good quality, and then an unedited tape which is horrible.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene