Melvin's Twickenham in four-stem stereo

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
bri286

Re: Melvin's Twickenham in four-stem stereo

Post by bri286 »

As I understand it, the Let It Be box set CDs are half-empty because the track listings now have to match the vinyl version - this was not the case with the White Album box set, where CD fans got a lot of additional material, and as a result, many vinyl fans complained (apparently being incapable of buying CDs or downloading the missing material...)! Hence, the Abbey Road box set's CDs were also half-empty.

Each to their own in terms of your format preference (if you really have to choose), but to deprive CD (and download) fans of additional material for the benefit of vinyl fans seems ridiculous to me. Of course, the CDs could be filled and the vinyl versions could have double the number of discs, but that would start to get unwieldy - just look at the huge (and hugely expensive) All Things Must Pass vinyl box!

Crazy days. But (hugely overpriced) vinyl is where the biggest profits per unit are, of course...
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

Thanx very much for these. I am enjoying them right now!
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

bri286 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:38 am As I understand it, the Let It Be box set CDs are half-empty because the track listings now have to match the vinyl version - this was not the case with the White Album box set, where CD fans got a lot of additional material, and as a result, many vinyl fans complained (apparently being incapable of buying CDs or downloading the missing material...)! Hence, the Abbey Road box set's CDs were also half-empty.

Each to their own in terms of your format preference (if you really have to choose), but to deprive CD (and download) fans of additional material for the benefit of vinyl fans seems ridiculous to me. Of course, the CDs could be filled and the vinyl versions could have double the number of discs, but that would start to get unwieldy - just look at the huge (and hugely expensive) All Things Must Pass vinyl box!

Crazy days. But (hugely overpriced) vinyl is where the biggest profits per unit are, of course...
Hugely expensive only due to corporate greed - Actually, costs to make the box sets barely increased over the years. 22 cents per CD, 11 - 15 cents per booklet, 5 - 8 cents per slim or jewel case, 3 - 11 cents per carboard slipcase sleeve or cardboard box for box set, oh, and that whooping $3-6 per book if one is in a box set....now, that's just roughly what Sony Music/Universal Music costs have been, with only a 3-5% increase over almost 20 years. Now compare that to prices rising to buy the final product. I don't care how much it costs for the actual media of art itself or the music which the label itself should already have rights to the sound recordings themselves for the most part. Still there is no explanation why a box set that costs under $20 to make costs anywhere close to 150-200 dollars. Times that by, say, a million copies.....we are all in the wrong business, we should all contact bulk suppliers of materials and start our own CD music companies with those types of profits. Make being a dr or lawyer look like clown jobs.
Bambam34

Post by Bambam34 »

Reupload Please
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Twickenham in Four Stem Stereo (Disc 1, Version 2) - hAAps://mega.nz/folder/B4cjlawD#0jqEfFjWD5t0G1kjXwtbBA

Twickenham in Four Stem Stereo (Disc 2, Version 2) - hIIps://mega.nz/folder/t4MykLJI#t-G-1cKdYjxyzP12JkA9gA

Twickenham in Four Stem Stereo (Disc 3, Version 2) - hOOps://mega.nz/folder/o4kQHICb#qdCBHOiXP7hBYsTMzZJ6Bw

Links good for 1 week
Cheers
Mike
Kando

Post by Kando »

Thanks much for the re-ups. Got everything, but I think the jpg for disc 3 is a blank, unless I did something wrong. Thanks anyway, regardless. :D
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
ladano48

Post by ladano48 »

:)
Thanks Mike for the reup!
hendriech

Post by hendriech »

Somebody can reup?
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

I renewed links above so they are good until the 24th…
Cheers
Mike