Time to exhume the Core again - May be familiar to some

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
margal

Re: Time to exhume the Core - May be familiar to some

Post by margal »

Mojofilter:If you folks want, I'd be happy to post some of it.

Yes please :D
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

mojofilter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:34 am It's kind of sickening to see that not one of the 1100+ bootleg CDs and LPs I've remastered over the last 23 years were deemed worthy of inclusion here. IIt's like the last 23 years or my life were wasted on something I thought was worth something to people.
Your own follow up post answers the question - this thread collects the original (read: untouched, least processed, just as it was released) best sources, and not your own personal preference.
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

mojofilter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:44 am If you folks want, I'd be happy to post some of it.
That would be something ;)

Thanks in advance!
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Mojofilter, that is a super idea (re-tune them to A 440)! I surely am interested in some of these to hopefully get around to start playing again, please post something of what you have done, many thanks in advance!
:D Robert
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

csnyfan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:19 pm Your own follow up post answers the question - this thread collects the original (read: untouched, least processed, just as it was released) best sources, and not your own personal preference.
You've never had anything civil to say to me. Everything you've deigned to comment on any of my posts on any boards anywhere was a putdown. Not ever have you considered me to be competent in my endeavors, from day one, you have made it perfectly clear that you think I''m an idiot. I have never been able to fathom what I have ever done to you to warrant ii. I don't "process" anything. I happen to be cognizant of the fact that virtually no two tape decks run at the same speed, and the decks that bootleggers use to transfer their tape recordings to digital are, in almost all cases, running fast or slow of how they were recorded, and their tape heads are not aligned to the center of the tape tracks. Are you trying to tell me that correcting the pitch and phase of a recording is something that you consider to be my personal preference? What kind of ego trip are you on, anyway7 Which one of us has retired from 50 years at the recording console for income? What i know about sound recording, and restoration has paid for my lifestyle for half a century. and I have to come on the internet to see you putting me down because you don't have any idea what I do? Guess where you can shove your ego.
Last edited by mojofilter on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

margal wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:17 pm Mojofilter:If you folks want, I'd be happy to post some of it.
That's very encouraging. If you have some of my work that you think other people will enjoy, please feel free to post it,. Thank you for your contiiuing support.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Impressive credentials indeed Mojofilter. I think csnyfan must have misunderstood what you do, and professionally so. i am sure that most of us here would be extremely grateful for any material you would like to offer. There is also a specific area of this site (called Other Artists) which handles other artists. I will look forward to seeing you there.

Meanwhile, remember that you are sharing what you have spent many, many hours preparing. Almost all of us will welcome what you have to offer and be delighted to hear and enjoy what you have laboured over.

Many thanks for being a positive part of this community.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Forgive me Mojofilter, I see that you have made a very sizable contribution to the Other Artists section covering a number of bases. I fail to see how anyone can doubt your intentions. Thank you.
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

Mojofilter, I have enjoyed your work for more than a decade and I have always found you to be extremely cordial and generous, so I am sad to see this negativity on this board. I hope it is a misunderstanding that can be worked out.

It is not my intention to step on anyone's toes, but I do think the trend in recent years has been for anyone who can download software to adjust a track to whatever suits them and proclaim it "remastered". Of course, mostly they are no such thing. It is natural to be proud of something one has done. Learning is good and willingness to share is also good, but it is important maintain some perspective

I have come to trust the work of a few knowledgeable fans such as yourself who get it and have the expertise and talent to do right by the original sources. While I understand the desire to have "original" or "unprocessed" sources, the fact is those files rarely reach us without significant flaws as a result of the clandestine route they have traveled. Your ability to correct those flaws with care and precision is much appreciated by me and many others.

I would point out that this forum has an "Other Artists" section, so all of your work should fit here comfortably. Please stay.

Dave in Nashville
paul62

Post by paul62 »

mojofilter wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:05 pm
csnyfan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:19 pm Your own follow up post answers the question - this thread collects the original (read: untouched, least processed, just as it was released) best sources, and not your own personal preference.
You've never had anything civil to say to me. Everything you've deigned to comment on any of my posts on any boards anywhere was a putdown. Not ever have you considered me to be competent in my endeavors, from day one, you have made it perfectly clear that you think I''m an idiot. II have never been able to fathom what I have ever done to you to warrant ii. I don't "process" anything. I happen to be cognizant of the fact that virtually no two tape decks run a the same speed, and the decks that bootleggers use to transfer their tape recordings to digital are, in almost all cases, running fast or slow of how they were recorded, and their tape heads are not aligned to the center of the tape tracks. Are you trying to tell me that correcting the pitch and phase of a recording is something that you consider to be my personal preferenece? What kind of ego trip are you on, anyway7 Which one of us has retired from 50 years at the recording console for income? What i know about sound recording, and restoration has paid for my lifestyle for half a century. and I have to come on the internet to see you putting me down because you don't have any idea what I do? Guess where you can shove your ego.
Remember how I'd introduced you to the Capstan program and you were very happy to be using it? I'm wondering if you're still using it.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!