Can anyone identify the source of this beatleg set?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
yymca6

Re: Can anyone identify the source of this beatleg set?

Post by yymca6 »

CostaRica2022 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 pm Thanks for the update on this 'mysterious' set. As for Hoffman's statement that he's never heard of a 'cassette' set and only vinyl doesn't mean they don't exist. If you search the net for a cassette set version of BC13 you will find many references that they DO exist. As for a CD set, it doesn't seem that they exist and of they do were fan created and not an official release.
Re-read my post. I am the one who said I'd never heard if cassettes, not Hoffman...

And I know that even if I never heard about cassettes does not mean they did not exist.
Yves
CostaRica2022

Post by CostaRica2022 »

yymca6 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:02 pm
CostaRica2022 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 pm Thanks for the update on this 'mysterious' set. As for Hoffman's statement that he's never heard of a 'cassette' set and only vinyl doesn't mean they don't exist. If you search the net for a cassette set version of BC13 you will find many references that they DO exist. As for a CD set, it doesn't seem that they exist and of they do were fan created and not an official release.
Re-read my post. I am the one who said I'd never heard if cassettes, not Hoffman...

And I know that even if I never heard about cassettes does not mean they did not exist.
Sorry. I read and re-read but for some reason I got the impression that you were quoting Hoffman. Sorry.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

CostaRica2022 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:21 pm
yymca6 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:02 pm

Sorry. I read and re-read but for some reason I got the impression that you were quoting Hoffman. Sorry.
I did quote Hoffman but the quote stopped jut before the link to the quote.
Yves
GeorgeD

Post by GeorgeD »

FWIW, there were cassette versions of the "Blue Box" officially released. In the early pre-cd 1980's they were a fairly common sight where I am from (New England, USA). Saw them at department stores like Caldor, Lechmere, Ann & Hope, and at flea markets many times. The bassist in my band from back them bought one and I believe still has it.
Beatles4Ever

Post by Beatles4Ever »

If you look at the original post of this thread...the request for what the source is for the CD set. Later in the thread we got some story about how this set was purchased in Germany in the mid to late 80's....by jpgrcat.He claimed to be the source of this set.

I have a copy of this set and compared it to a hi-res needledrop of the BC13 Blue Box vinyl I have which was needledropped in 2015. After listening to the quiet sections and to the "silent" sections of the so called cd version from the 80's...it matched identically to the 2015 needledrop.

How can that be?
Because the CD set is a fake. That is the answer PowerPC is looking for. Not a history lesson.

In a nutshell....the BC13 Blue Box was released on vinyl and on cassette. The cassette box's are a bit more rare and a little harder to find but they are out there.

The so called cd set that was posted here is an outright fake. Having said that....who ever made the artwork did a nice job, but who ever did the audio downsampling and re-compiling did a horrible job.

I'm surprised after my initial post that nobody has brought up the obvious elephant in the room......why did jpgrcat lie about the origin of this set? Why is he trying to push this set off as a legit purchase from the mid to late 1980's and why is no one calling him out on it?

As they say....don't shoot the messenger.....the fact are the facts.

And to answer CostaRica2022.....you keep asking for more information....all you need to know is the set is a fake. The audio source for this is from vinyl and it was not from 1985...it was sourced from a 2015 needledrop. Everything from the origin story to the artwork is fabricated.
CostaRica2022

Post by CostaRica2022 »

"And to answer CostaRica2022.....you keep asking for more information....all you need to know is the set is a fake. The audio source for this is from vinyl and it was not from 1985...it was sourced from a 2015 needledrop. Everything from the origin story to the artwork is fabricated."

I was looking for other perspectives/opinions.
Last edited by CostaRica2022 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

While I don't recall ever having actually seen one of these, it appears they do exist:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The ... c5Mjk4NDE=

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The ... e/10071893

Dave in Nashville
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

powerPC wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:21 pm help.jpg

Some time ago I downloaded a version of the 1978 Blue Box Collection that had this artwork which was consistent with all the albums. I wasn't aware of any official CD versions, let alone the fact that CDs didn't exist until 1984! Probably a bootleg, but by who — Dr. Ebbett, Dr. Robert, ?? Please, Please Me and Get Back to me with any HELP! in identifying this version so I can Let It Be (please pardon the bad puns)

thanks!

gatefold.png.jpg
Hi, I think you can ask guys from international music community- https://musescore.com/community , I hope they know where you can find this collection!
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition
CostaRica2022

Post by CostaRica2022 »

Davenicks wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:02 pm While I don't recall ever having actually seen one of these, it appears they do exist:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The ... c5Mjk4NDE=

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-The ... e/10071893

Dave in Nashville
I was comparing the tracks on both the UK & the German cassette sets and several of the cassettes have a different track order and sides from each other. The German cassettes are taken from the Hor Zu/Odeon/Apple releases vs Parlophone on the UK version. The German version does not have outer artwork for each cassette. They are displayed 3 or 4 to a layered sleeve in the box with just the cassette vs The UK version that are individually encased in a plastic case and displayed in a case/box with individual artwork.