Abbey Road: A Dedicated Mono Remix by Kenny Saxton

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Martin85

Re: Abbey Road: A Dedicated Mono Remix by Kenny Saxton

Post by Martin85 »

KennySaxton wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:06 am Now... Who wants a "Let It Be... Monophonic" remixed by me? :lol:
Can you? A despectorized mono mix? Please?
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

stereoman33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:28 am
KennySaxton wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:57 am
stereoman33 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:04 am

well what is really missing is the let it be single mixed into mono.
the reel to reel tapes are of course are the lp version...not the single version.
The reel to reel tapes are fold-down mono mixes, everyone can do such a version using Audacity or Audition.
I choose to start from scratch and use stems or separated channels from atmos mixes to make unique and dedicated mono mixes.
Also, I sometimes add alterations for mono mixes only :lol:
yes I realise they're fold downs, but I was just wondering if youre doing something special for a mono lp mix, if could you please include the single as well as it's always overlooked
Mono mix of single version will be featured in my Mono Mix EP, but not Let It Be album mono mix ;)
Words and gibberish remixed from Merriam-Webster's by Kenny Saxton
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

Martin85 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:39 pm
KennySaxton wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:06 am Now... Who wants a "Let It Be... Monophonic" remixed by me? :lol:
Can you? A despectorized mono mix? Please?
Of course! As I type, I am turning down orchestra overdubs on The Long And Winding Road :lol:
yuiset1234

Post by yuiset1234 »

Hi Kenny!
When do you think With the Beatles and A Hard Day's Night remixes will be out?
WoodLennon

Post by WoodLennon »

I don't think I've ever congratulated you on this mix before, it's excellent and I love it.
There's something I've always wondered about since your return to the blog and I saw on the Chinese site that you had remastered songs from Everyday Chemistry, have you been planning on releasing them here like you did with ATMP or are they just going to stay there?
WoodLennon

Post by WoodLennon »

Engonoceras wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:57 pm Hopefully we'll get the 5.1 upmix of this mono mix soon. :lol:
That would be awesome, a stereo mix of this version would be great too
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

WoodLennon wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:00 pm I don't think I've ever congratulated you on this mix before, it's excellent and I love it.
There's something I've always wondered about since your return to the blog and I saw on the Chinese site that you had remastered songs from Everyday Chemistry, have you been planning on releasing them here like you did with ATMP or are they just going to stay there?
The best quailty files I have on Everyday Chemistry album are only mp3s, and I don't think they have ever published lossless files, so it's no point in posting lossy files with little changes. It's gonna stay there unless I create the whole album from scratch, which will be extremely painstaking (and I believe whoever made this used more than solo Beatles materials, it can be more than painful to track down other elements) :(
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

yuiset1234 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:00 pm Hi Kenny!
When do you think With the Beatles and A Hard Day's Night remixes will be out?
My current plan is to post them every 2 weeks:
Let It Be... Monophonic/Frankensteined (a double feature) ----> Mono Mixes EP ----> With The Beatles Remix ----> A Hard Day's Night Remix ----> Beatles For Sale Remix ----> Help! Remix ----> Remixed Selected Sessions From Nagra Tapes

Each release will feature a surprise bonus :P
WoodLennon

Post by WoodLennon »

KennySaxton wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:40 am
WoodLennon wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:00 pm I don't think I've ever congratulated you on this mix before, it's excellent and I love it.
The best quailty files I have on Everyday Chemistry album are only mp3s, and I don't think they have ever published lossless files, so it's no point in posting lossy files with little changes. It's gonna stay there unless I create the whole album from scratch, which will be extremely painstaking (and I believe whoever made this used more than solo Beatles materials, it can be more than painful to track down other elements) :(
Yeah, that's the thing with Everyday, there hasn't been any flac/wav.
if we're talking about the music used, I don't think anything else was actually used outside of the solo career songs and various samples from interviews from the 60s, there are no demos used either (this is my understanding), it would still be an extremely big job to make those songs from scratch
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

WoodLennon wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:48 am
KennySaxton wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:40 am
Yeah, that's the thing with Everyday, there hasn't been any flac/wav.
if we're talking about the music used, I don't think anything else was actually used outside of the solo career songs and various samples from interviews from the 60s, there are no demos used either (this is my understanding), it would still be an extremely big job to make those songs from scratch
As far as I remembered, several sound effects and additional drums are not from solo recordings :shock: