SGT 50th Anniversary Edition & Special Collectors Edition Multitrack Masters Section summary (See page 1)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
RubberSolof

Re: SGT 50th Anniversary Edition & Special Collectors Edition Multitrack Masters Section summary (See page 1)

Post by RubberSolof »

diddlebunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm OK, it turns out that yymca6 has the same gaps of silence on his Rubber Soul 50A files.

So I went ahead and patched the dropouts myself, which ended up working well.

Sharing here for anyone inclined to put the fine Rubber Soul remix into their listening rotation:

https://www41.zippyshare.com/v/ZkbdHZKv/file.html
Which folder do these go into to replace?
Thanks!
RubberSolof

Re: SGT 50th Anniversary Edition & Special Collectors Edition Multitrack Masters Section summary (See page 1)

Post by RubberSolof »

diddlebunk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm OK, it turns out that yymca6 has the same gaps of silence on his Rubber Soul 50A files.

So I went ahead and patched the dropouts myself, which ended up working well.

Sharing here for anyone inclined to put the fine Rubber Soul remix into their listening rotation:

https://www41.zippyshare.com/v/ZkbdHZKv/file.html
Thanks!
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

They replace track 3 and 5 in the CD folder (not the other CD RS folder with chapters)
If you're having a hard time getting them from zippyshare I can re-up them for you on WeTransfer
:) Robert
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Just listened for the first time to the WABC-FM broadcast on White Album Archives. Wow. Lotsa noise, but some really fun and odd mixes.

Does anyone know, right offhand, or from a list anywhere, which mixes match up with the acetate they played?
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
maul

Post by maul »

thewarpedvinyljunkie wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:23 am Just listened for the first time to the WABC-FM broadcast on White Album Archives. Wow. Lotsa noise, but some really fun and odd mixes.
Does anyone know, right offhand, or from a list anywhere, which mixes match up with the acetate they played?
I found this review: "This tape is as it was discovered in 2008 and dubbed from the radio – it begins in stereo before, because of the strictures of the source tape and to comply with FCC regulations, the DJ, Bob Lewis or ‘Babalu’ in this case, is forced to turn his transmission in to glorious mono – For better or worse, that might make the tape a little more attractive to some listeners. The label make the honest claim that the tape is ‘Lo-Fi’ but that’s damning it before you’ve heard it – It gives the impression of listening to an actual pirate broadcast of the time – because of the brevity of the single sided test pressing, Sam’s Goodies have left in the DJ chatter between the tracks – Most is made of this as the discussion is essentially made up of hypothesis and conjecture as information handed over with the tape is sparse (This includes the fact that one of the songs has the title, “Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Donkey”.) Babalu also connects over the tracks leaving little space for them to be copied by other stations and played there after this exclusive.

Of the ‘alternates’, there are a couple which are of a difference,
Ringo’s vocals are slightly higher on ‘Don’t Pass Me By’ and the outro appears a little longer (There is a skip in the middle) however,
‘Blackbird’ is sans sound effects but is in effect the “Anthology” version,
‘Ob La Di, Ob La Da’ begins with a couple of seconds of studio chatter and a false start,
‘Birthday’ features nothing more than a louder guitar mix (This could be because of the mono fold-down though and is completley conjective),
‘Helter Skelter’ has a stray guitar note at the beginning (A shame that this is almost obliterated by Babalu’s narration)
but the most prominent change is the coda to ‘Sexy Sadie’ which features a looped coda towards the end rather than the whispish organ churn of the original.
The rest of the tracks – “Good Night”, “Rocky Raccoon”, “Mother Nature’s Son”, “Yer Blues” and “Back In The USSR” and sound pretty much the same as their CVs. These takes have been bootlegged on various other releases and also straight from studio tape or cleaned up acetate so it goes without saying, if it’s only the music rather than the memory that’s important and you have those boots (‘The Peter Sellers tape’, ‘Primal Colours’, etc ..) you don’t need these."
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Thanks, maul. I thought, personally, that the background vocals on "Good Night" were much louder than on either the mono or stereo LP, but again, that's subjective. I'm planning to put together a "hi-fi" version of the versions on the acetate for a friend of mine who adores the boys, but hasn't ever listened to much more than just the regular (stereo) releases.
Last edited by thewarpedvinyljunkie on Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
Billy_Shears

Post by Billy_Shears »

Can anyone re-upload this one:

Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition [Sgt. Records] 2CD+3DVD NEW

Would be great.

Thanks
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Billy_Shears wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:16 pm Can anyone re-upload this one:

Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition [Sgt. Records] 2CD+3DVD NEW

Would be great.

Thanks
Here it is. Enriquelu you can post it on page 1 if you want.

BTW it contains the audio extracts I made from the DVDs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I strongly suggest you download each volume one after the other.

They will come up in multiple ZIP files that are nt connected, which means that when you will unzip zip001 it will only unzip this file and not all of the ZIPs.

Once the first file unzipped, consider it as your main folder where you will copy the contents of the other unzipped files.

Then unzip zip002, copy its content in your main folder by merging it and not replacing it.

Repeat this step for the other zip files.
Yves
Billy_Shears

Post by Billy_Shears »

Thank you very much 😊
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

Not being a baby but I upped several of the SGT sets and not one did I get credit for.....it just sucks....just saying.