Anthology expanded

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
James_Creek

Anthology expanded

Post by James_Creek »

Has anybody seen or heard this set from VooDoo Records?
BONUS-A-scaled.jpg
'to be alive ~ is undo your belt and look for trouble!'
niallquinn

Re: Anthology expanded

Post by niallquinn »

I've seen it, yes, it was mentioned on BZ, and a few people said they'd bought it from the creator.

Not seen it available to download though.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Chances are very high you already have most if not all of these tracks, as they can also be found on (besides Anthology itself) coltturkey's "Complete Recording Sessions" collection, "Back To Basics" and elsewhere. Swapping spit as it were.
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

As I recall, Voo-Doo Records is a creation of BZ's own Dave Marx, yes? This brings to mind the question... is Dave here? Can anyone reach out to him? :(
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Before anyone gives it any negative criticism, also keep in mind Dave set out to make listenable albums, not present new material or complete collections of everything. Just sets that were listenable and enjoyable without various sound qualities or incomplete recordings etc. Very enjoyable sets.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Of course we are thankful to dave1dmarx and everyone else over the years for all of these wonderful offerings. The trick though is to gather each of these compilation sets along with the CVs, dump them all into a single folder, A/B the MANY dups and keep the best!
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Isn't Marx on Doug's site?
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

robbmacc wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:00 pm Isn't Marx on Doug's site?
Yes, he is.
Golem

Post by Golem »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:08 pm Chances are very high you already have most if not all of these tracks, as they can also be found on (besides Anthology itself) coltturkey's "Complete Recording Sessions" collection, "Back To Basics" and elsewhere. Swapping spit as it were.
Yeah, it's what I like to call a "compilation bootleg", its fun for the concept but no content that can't be easily found elsewhere.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Golem wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:58 am
alphabeatles wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:08 pm Chances are very high you already have most if not all of these tracks, as they can also be found on (besides Anthology itself) coltturkey's "Complete Recording Sessions" collection, "Back To Basics" and elsewhere. Swapping spit as it were.
Yeah, it's what I like to call a "compilation bootleg", its fun for the concept but no content that can't be easily found elsewhere.
Many a fine man has tried to create such a comprehensive package, and each of them are perfectly fine for a beginning collector to grab the majority of outtakes in one shot. I have been spending over 20 years trying to sort this stuff out in my own collection and distill it! That's almost as much fun as the collecting itself.