EVOLVER

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: EVOLVER (formerly "Two new ones")

Post by Lord Reith »

Here's another one from the 1970s: Something take 37.

This has a lot of differences to the album version. Firstly, the lead vocal is different. There's some drums missing from the middle section. There's extra guitar bits and also different piano and an organ.

I realised while demixing this that there are two bass guitar parts! One is leakage caught during the guitar overdub because Paul was playing at the same time. He later has scrapped this bass part and done a new one but some of the old one can be heard in the background, especially in the middle and during the last few seconds.

Lots of separation here, so strap on your headphones and enjoy this classic Beatleg track anew. :ugeek:

https://tinyurl.com/expires-25th-may
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ennolenno

Re: Two more new ones

Post by ennolenno »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:04 am [...] Following this we have Revolution take 20, in proper stereo for the first time! I've had three previous attempts at this but they weren't nearly as successful as this one. [...] I've also created another mix with the horns and electric guitar from the album added too, but you'll have to wait for Abracadabra for that. [...]
Oh this sounds fantastic. Thank you very much.
Well, up to now, my favourite mix of Revolution 1 was your mix of tk 20 with the electric guitar and horns added from the ol' BZ days ("the mother of all remixes", you remember?)
I always thought it couldn't get any better. But now I'm so excited for your new remix on Abracadabra! Right! Right! Ray! :D
rhino

Post by rhino »

Sounds great ! Thanks!
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Sounds great LR! Thank you :D You didn't include the coda that was immediately following take 37, or was that on a different take?
—Keith
Lord Reith

Re: Two more new ones

Post by Lord Reith »

ennolenno wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:14 pm Well, up to now, my favourite mix of Revolution 1 was your mix of tk 20 with the electric guitar and horns added from the ol' BZ days ("the mother of all remixes", you remember?)
Yeah I remember that one it has Revolution 9 added in as well. A crazy idea but it seemed to work! I could do it better now using this one as a basis.
powerPC wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:50 am Sounds great LR! Thank you :D You didn't include the coda that was immediately following take 37, or was that on a different take?
No I haven't done that bit yet. Can't say I'm endeared to it, since it's just four notes over and over.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Always nice to see you working the back end of the catalog! ;-)

These stereo de/remixes are very believable and well done. This is perhaps the most exciting music technology to come along lately, allowing us to hear mixes that never existed as well as to isolate previously unheard elements.
Notecnirp

Post by Notecnirp »

Dear Lord R,

My question is an off topic, but I'm just curious so here it is:

With today's tech, is it possible to mute Paul's vocal in The Long & Winding Road (Anthology version) during the instrumental section and flow in the Billy's organ solo in the Naked version?

What is the best software to use this?

Thanks.
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

Thanks!!!
Muzair

Post by Muzair »

onemojofilter wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:02 am
Muzair wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:23 am
Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:47 am Btw I just remembered there's an account in Pete Shotton's book....
I've always wanted to read that book and I've never come across a copy. Is it worth tracking down?
For the completists... some details of John’s life (childhood, first night with Yoko, New York in the late seventies) are unique to Shotton’s narrative but the rest of the book is filled out with the inevitable stories he wasn’t around for. He claims to have contributed to a few Beatles songs. Not saying I don’t believe him, but Mal made the same claim as did Donovan and a bunch of others.

Mark Lewisohn’s book is the best of all of them, for what it’s worth. Better researched, citations, sources that the other books just don’t have.
Ah gotcha, thanks for that. I've got the extended version of Lewisohn's bio but haven't started into it yet, seems like it's a long term read!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Muzair wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:40 am I've got the extended version of Lewisohn's bio but haven't started into it yet, seems like it's a long term read!
I have the audiobook. 43 hours!