Harry And His Box Set (V1, 2, 7, 10, 12, 15, 14 update.)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
C90

Re: Harry And His Box Set

Post by C90 »

I really enjoyed the 'bonus content' Yellow Matter Custard video. I fired it up to have a quick glance, and ended up watching the whole thing. Right down to the end credits, which are well worth a look :mrgreen:
Those vintage pics and the audio selection are just so engrossing - a lot of photos I'd not seen before, and the songs are a great snapshot of what makes the Beatles BBC broadcasts so fascinating. The Yellow Matter Custard LP must have been absolutely mind-blowing when it first appeared.
Thanks for this, LR!
I've never seen pics of the band wearing those weird lapel-less suit jackets as worn at the Royal Albert Hall Swinging Sound show before (18th April 1963) Interesting that they seemed to be given the boot! Or at least haven't shown up in photos of other appearances, right?

PS a query about the dates of some of the pics, starting at 28' 29" - captioned Top Gear 14th July 1965 - are these really from 1965? Not 1964?
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

This 30 disc set truely Rocks :mrgreen:

Love the BBC sessions :mrgreen:
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Well...... How can we ever thank you enough M'Lord for all that you do, giving us so many AWESOME core Beatles Goodies ..... THANK YOU for everything ......... YEAH.... YEAH...... YEAH.......
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

Lord,
thanks a lot for the splendid and ultimate BBC set!!!
The Beatles At The Beeb remaster is also awesome!!
:D
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. The only sad thing for me is that a lot of the people who might have enjoyed it are no longer with us. But after those of us who are still left are gone, will Beatles fans of the future still get into this stuff? I don't know. I would hope so. I mean, even in the early 80s these broadcasts still sounded quaint but loads of us got into the material anyway, same as lots of us got into The Three Stooges or Abbott And Costello or Bugs Bunny or whatever. I would like to think they are timeless.
C90 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:41 am I really enjoyed the 'bonus content' Yellow Matter Custard video. I fired it up to have a quick glance, and ended up watching the whole thing. Right down to the end credits, which are well worth a look :mrgreen:
Those vintage pics and the audio selection are just so engrossing - a lot of photos I'd not seen before, and the songs are a great snapshot of what makes the Beatles BBC broadcasts so fascinating. The Yellow Matter Custard LP must have been absolutely mind-blowing when it first appeared.
Thanks for this, LR!
Thanks! They seem to work much better as a slideshow than as a pdf. Some aren't the best quality but, hey, many of us used to trade vhs tapes and had to endure much worse than that! :lol: I would like to give a shout out to some of the people who helped out with photos including Mark Graves and Yellow Submarine. I know there were more but time has obscured my memory sorry. I think the ones of them actually recording in the studio are particularly priceless. The Top Gear session photos are an amazing artifact.
I've never seen pics of the band wearing those weird lapel-less suit jackets as worn at the Royal Albert Hall Swinging Sound show before (18th April 1963) Interesting that they seemed to be given the boot! Or at least haven't shown up in photos of other appearances, right?
I hadn't actually noticed that until you pointed it out! No, I can't remember seeing those suits before either. They are pretty cool though. The Beatles always had good suits. I imagine the girls had the same reaction to this as men do to women in uniform! They looked amazingly handsome in their suits, no Photoshop required. :P
PS a query about the dates of some of the pics, starting at 28' 29" - captioned Top Gear 14th July 1965 - are these really from 1965? Not 1964?
1964 yes. But there is a rule which states that every project of mine must contain at least one incorrect dating. Sorry, it's the law.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thanx for all !
Captain_Kidd

Post by Captain_Kidd »

My BBC Beatles journey started here back in 1980 (see pic).

‘Broadcasts’ is still a great listen.. wobbly bits, n’ all.

The Great Dane 9CD set (thanks Massimo) will always remain dear to me..

And now in 2024.. LR, thank you so much for realising and bringing this amazing set to us.

Harry & His Box Set.. Wow!
Attachments
F-BROADCASTS.jpg
F-BROADCASTS.jpg (31.72 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
wizz

Post by wizz »

Captain_Kidd wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:00 pm My BBC Beatles journey started here back in 1980.

My journey and interest started on Bootlegzone forums a few years back, triggered by some bloke called 'Hobnail' that was working on some BBC recordings. I don't know what became of him?
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:27 am Image
Harry turns 30! Also included is the Yellow Matter Custard Video Album, comprising some 42 minutes worth of fascinating photos at the Beeb set to an upgraded stereo mix of that seminal 1972 album. Plus a list of all the appearances not included in the other list, meaning radio and tv interviews and mimed spots. Plus a master list of everything on all 30 volumes. Plus the complete Ramblings in one easy-to-find file. Plus detailed instructions about how to make your own Box out of origami. No, actually, that is a lie but there is a picture to paste on the front of it. :)

And that I'm afraid is where we say goodbye to Harry for now. Thanks to all of you who came along for the ride, and I hope you all had a good extended Christmas and that this material will continue to give you pleasure into the future. Thankyou for your company and comments, and for sending along upgrades towards the end. And thanks of course to all those behind the scenes who have for the past two years contributed information, encouragement, video and audio to actually make all this possible. I never knew I had so many friends. :)

http://tinyurl.com/bye-bye-jan-28

http://tinyurl.com/ongoing-re-up-by-MUR
Thanks a lot LR for this great Set ! 8-)
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks Lord !!!!!