The Beatles and Blokker - new documentary (with new footage?)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Ken_peps

Re: The Beatles and Blokker - new documentary (with new footage?)

Post by Ken_peps »

Thank you!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

fabwill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:59 am OK, so I had a go at getting Premiere Pro to transcribe and create Dutch subs, then got Google Translate to translate those subs to English and then added the subs to the video. I have hard burned the subs in, purely because we already have a Dutch language version. There is a spot where the original video has subs in Dutch and I'm afraid the new subs are on top and may be hard to read.
hxxps://we.tl/t-zrfbAFBHjV
Thanks for this but could you please also just upload your subs by themselves as an .srt file or whatever so I can just have them on the drive with the video and switch them on or off? :)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The opening shot of the audio tape being removed from the sort of vault where you keep nuclear warheads illustrates everything that is wrong with some fan's mentality. This is just a tape of music, not frigging State secrets. Upload it to youtube where it can actually be enjoyed by a few thousand people, instead of treating it like something it isn't. It's just some songs. Nothing more.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Also did anyone else notice how halfway through All My Loving, Paul stops singing and we get a Beatle impersonator instead on vocals?! What gives?
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:59 pm The opening shot of the audio tape being removed from the sort of vault where you keep nuclear warheads illustrates everything that is wrong with some fan's mentality. This is just a tape of music, not frigging State secrets. Upload it to youtube where it can actually be enjoyed by a few thousand people, instead of treating it like something it isn't. It's just some songs. Nothing more.
You'd be surprised with how many "fans" disagree with you, and believe wholeheartedly in hoarding.

I agree with you though, hope all these bootlegs come out, especially since people are dying off, the community is going get smaller, whats even the point of it anymore. Maybe it would be one thing if these were like hidden away Beatle songs, but they're 'just' recorded concerts

I feel like this doc was a perfect chance to just release the full recording!
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:56 pm
fabwill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:59 am OK, so I had a go at getting Premiere Pro to transcribe and create Dutch subs, then got Google Translate to translate those subs to English and then added the subs to the video. I have hard burned the subs in, purely because we already have a Dutch language version. There is a spot where the original video has subs in Dutch and I'm afraid the new subs are on top and may be hard to read.
hxxps://we.tl/t-zrfbAFBHjV
Thanks for this but could you please also just upload your subs by themselves as an .srt file or whatever so I can just have them on the drive with the video and switch them on or off? :)
hxxps://we.tl/t-wmh6kvAkRS
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

silver_2000 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:23 am I feel like this doc was a perfect chance to just release the full recording!
It was! How many Stowe School videos have been taken down from youtube, one might ask? Exactly none. Zip. Zero. No-one cares, least of all Apple. If they don't own the recording, they are not interested, and the song royalties are paid automatically through the content ID system. So just upload the frigging concert to youtube already, and stop behaving like a twat.
You'd be surprised with how many "fans" disagree with you, and believe wholeheartedly in hoarding.
I wouldn't be surprised at all.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:56 am
silver_2000 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:23 am I feel like this doc was a perfect chance to just release the full recording!
It was! How many Stowe School videos have been taken down from youtube, one might ask? Exactly none. Zip. Zero. No-one cares, least of all Apple. If they don't own the recording, they are not interested, and the song royalties are paid automatically through the content ID system. So just upload the frigging concert to youtube already, and stop behaving like a twat.
I wouldn't be surprised at all.
That Stowe recording was the perfect example of how to handle it, and thats a lot more valuable than any other hidden away bootleg out there!
jackb

Post by jackb »

I just watched One Night Only: The Beatles In Oz. What an enjoyable presentation. I wish there were more shows like this, especially from cities visited during the US tours.

Jack
jackb

Post by jackb »

One more thing about The Beatles In Oz video, is any of the press conference footage new? Any info on those press conferences would be appreciated.

Jack