It's The Beatles 1963 Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

Re: It's The Beatles 1963 Reconstruction

Post by Lord Reith »

The two Palladium shows are my most wanted Beatle videos. They sounded great and the show was the UK equivalent to Sullivan. It's just terrible that it doesn't exist on film.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:02 pm The two Palladium shows are my most wanted Beatle videos. They sounded great and the show was the UK equivalent to Sullivan. It's just terrible that it doesn't exist on film.
Heard rumors from people in the unbootlegging world that one of them exists, along with Blackpol 64, Idk what I believe, but at least there is hope..Somehting about Blackpool 64 Kinescope being played at European Beatle-Fest in the 1980s or something. Maybe thats where the great quality blackpool 64 audio comes from?
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

silver_2000 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:37 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:02 pm The two Palladium shows are my most wanted Beatle videos. They sounded great and the show was the UK equivalent to Sullivan. It's just terrible that it doesn't exist on film.
Heard rumors from people in the unbootlegging world that one of them exists, along with Blackpol 64, Idk what I believe, but at least there is hope..Somehting about Blackpool 64 Kinescope being played at European Beatle-Fest in the 1980s or something. Maybe thats where the great quality blackpool 64 audio comes from?
Like Doctor Who stuff a lot of people feel BBC junk I got it at a boot sale or in a collection of film reels it there and alot people hold on to it
Their case was in I think Cypirs they found 2 complete stories when got back UK 1 story one eps missing so someone took it

So their high end collectors sit on stuff and just be assholes and suck but I get it if sale it Apple or Beeb get it and never be seen or heard
Chris
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

When that audio came out I wondered if it might be from a film print but I don't think so now. It does not have the characteristics of an optical print and sounds more like just a very good mic and speaker recording, like the one of I'll Get You on Anthology. But by rights there SHOULD have been a sales print of the mid-64 BNO, but that does not necessarily mean it has survived. The memory of Beatlefest could be of the early-64 BNO.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:47 am
When that audio came out I wondered if it might be from a film print but I don't think so now. It does not have the characteristics of an optical print and sounds more like just a very good mic and speaker recording, like the one of I'll Get You on Anthology. But by rights there SHOULD have been a sales print of the mid-64 BNO, but that does not necessarily mean it has survived. The memory of Beatlefest could be of the early-64 BNO.
Hope it gets out if it exsits. Stowe proves things can happen when you least expect it. There is another source for Blackpool 1964, it sounds more shitty, similar to the London Palldium 64 recordings, despite being more shitty sounding, it has the last 5 seconds or so, of Long Tall Sally!, the main source for Blackpool weirdly cuts out.. There is also a third audio source for Blackpool which has an alt If I Fell.

Now for something a bit different, my main wish for discovering a discarded lost pefromances is to get one of the 1965 Tv Appearances, just so we can get a video for "Yes it is", which because of it being B side to Ticket To Ride single was played on a trio of apperances to promote said single, Thank Your Lucky Stars, Top Of The Pops (Doctor Who one) , and another show, I forget the name, something more obscure. Thank Your Lucky Stars also included a peformance of Eight Days A Week, would be amazing to see the band lip sync and strum along to it, maybe if that was around Apple wouldn't be forced to make they're Shea Stadium montage for 1+..If only!
Sorry for the ranting and raving!
Hitachi

Post by Hitachi »

The other TV show where they performed "Yes it is" was "The Eamonn Andrews Show" on April 11, 1965. The interview done on that show is out there but sadly no video has ever emerged just like the other two shows you mentioned.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:55 am Now for something a bit different, my main wish for discovering a discarded lost pefromances is to get one of the 1965 Tv Appearances, just so we can get a video for "Yes it is", which because of it being B side to Ticket To Ride single was played on a trio of apperances to promote said single, Thank Your Lucky Stars, Top Of The Pops (Doctor Who one) , and another show, I forget the name, something more obscure. Thank Your Lucky Stars also included a peformance of Eight Days A Week, would be amazing to see the band lip sync and strum along to it, maybe if that was around Apple wouldn't be forced to make they're Shea Stadium montage for 1+..If only!
Yeah, i would love love love to see the mimed clips for 8 Days A Week and Yes It Is. I bet they did the clapping on 8 days like they do on the mimed Postman. There were actually two mimed 8 days - the other was on The Eammon Andrews Show. Ah well.

And then there is their very FIRST tv appearance singting Some Other Guy on people and places. That was live so is gone forever, but wow how strange would that be to see. On the audio John screams out at the end "HELLO MIMI!!" which is pretty funny and I think Paul says "Hi our kid" meaning Mike. I keep hoping that someone somewhere filmed part of it off the tv. Not so far-fetched as some lost clips of Dr Who were filmed off a tv with a clockwork camera.
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

LR, I believe on The Eamonn Andrews show: "Ticket To Ride" and "Yes It Is" are mimed but not "Eight Days A Week"; checked my thoughts here:
https://www.beatlesbible.com/1965/04/11 ... rews-show/
Albert Grove

Post by Albert Grove »

silver_2000 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:37 pm Heard rumors from people in the unbootlegging world that one of them exists, along with Blackpool 64, Idk what I believe, but at least there is hope..Something about Blackpool 64 Kinescope being played at European Beatle-Fest in the 1980s or something. Maybe thats where the great quality blackpool 64 audio comes from?
Fenno Werkman?
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

bsizzy_27 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:06 pm LR, I believe on The Eamonn Andrews show: "Ticket To Ride" and "Yes It Is" are mimed but not "Eight Days A Week"; checked my thoughts here:
https://www.beatlesbible.com/1965/04/11 ... rews-show/
I was referring to Thank Your Lucky Stars, where Eight Days A Week was played. Eamonn Andrews, maybe its a British thing, but have no idea who that is

-re-read the comment, forget my response! apologies
Last edited by silver_2000 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.