"Carnival of Light" samples in "Revolution 9"

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
stereoman33

Re: "Carnival of Light" samples in "Revolution 9"

Post by stereoman33 »

harrylime wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:30 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:01 pm It'd be so easy now to fake Carnival OL with that revoicing software. Just spend half an hour shouting "Barcelona!" and other random words and then turn it all into Johna nd paul's voices. Add some sound effects and voila.

I suspect someone is working on this right now, and since we've never heard so much as a second of the real mcoy, how would we evewr know?
Then at least Lewisohn would need to be coerced to keep it a secret hat the recording he heard doesn't match the released one. I can imagine it being edited in ways that he wouldn't notice, but why would they even bother if it's a hodge-podge of sound effects and spoken word anyway?
ntwined88 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:46 pm In his Zapple spoken word documentaty "Z if for Zapple", Barry Miles included a snippet of Paul acting out and talking about a "Carousel of light" which always made me wonder up to now if this wasn't the actual original name and it was subsequently misremembered as being called "Carnival of light"
Please check the posts by me and therowdyman on the previous page, I mentioned 'carnival of light' was an archaic term for a light show and there's a contemporary newspaper article discussing the event as such. Also David Vaughan, the main organizer of the event never corrected the term when asked about it in later interviews.
we'll all find out at the Evolution 67 shows!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Since Giles vetoed COL I can't see how we can ever get it under the present administration. It'll have to wait for the next incarnation. With the SDE's we got a lot of stuff that was deemed unusable by George Martin and Geoff Emerick, and one day we'll get all the stuff that has been deemed unusable by Giles.

Of course, we'll be dead by then! And if you take it as read that it's going to be released one day anyway, then why not do it now? Same as "On Air" if it had been released in 1995 would have sold 2 million units and not 50,000.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:38 am Of course, we'll be dead by then! And if you take it as ...
Of the beginning!
Of the beginning!
Of the beginning!
ANOLECRAB<----->BARCELONA
A Spanner In The Void
I couldn't see at all!
Refrigerate after opening!
If in fact there was some sonic mirror image that interlocked with tomorrow never knows and
spectral analysis revealed a double helix version of the Gordian Knot Carnival Of Streaming
Secret Of Immortality Existence To The End...Hmmmmmm
I shall have to think about it!
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
Do Immortals go to Heaven?
Step on the gas and wipe that tear away!
Or it might just be "cannon fodder (of light)
Too heavy...I don't want to know!
Or have I been drinking SOMA?
KC
therowdyman

Post by therowdyman »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:38 am Since Giles vetoed COL I can't see how we can ever get it under the present administration. It'll have to wait for the next incarnation. With the SDE's we got a lot of stuff that was deemed unusable by George Martin and Geoff Emerick, and one day we'll get all the stuff that has been deemed unusable by Giles.

Of course, we'll be dead by then! And if you take it as read that it's going to be released one day anyway, then why not do it now? Same as "On Air" if it had been released in 1995 would have sold 2 million units and not 50,000.
Giles vetoed it for the Pepper SDE because it "strictly" wasn't a part of the album. That logic was used for the non-appearance of "Only a Northen Song" but oddly not SSF and PL (because non-album singles seem to get a pass). :roll: Disappointing that the thinking for SDE box sets is still with the "non-collector fan" in mind when they also have a paired down version available(!)

If think we could have seen a public release of COL if Apple had gone ahead with their plans for a Beatles roadshow exhibition (a la Pink Floyd and Bowie). That was the initial point of contacting Peter Jackson until he mentioned the Get Back sessions and the rest is history. I wouldn't be surprised to hear COL in an exhibition setting, mock-up of The Roadhouse with projectors and COL playing via wireless headphones. Would make sense to hear it in context, but not helpful to collectors.
therowdyman

Post by therowdyman »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:25 am
Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:38 am Of course, we'll be dead by then! And if you take it as ...
Of the beginning!
Of the beginning!
Of the beginning!
ANOLECRAB<----->BARCELONA
A Spanner In The Void
I couldn't see at all!
Refrigerate after opening!
If in fact there was some sonic mirror image that interlocked with tomorrow never knows and
spectral analysis revealed a double helix version of the Gordian Knot Carnival Of Streaming
Secret Of Immortality Existence To The End...Hmmmmmm
I shall have to think about it!
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
Do Immortals go to Heaven?
Step on the gas and wipe that tear away!
Or it might just be "cannon fodder (of light)
Too heavy...I don't want to know!
Or have I been drinking SOMA?
KC
Man, I love reading these. :)
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

therowdyman wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:04 am Man, I love reading these. :)
I will tell you this,
Sometimes, I cut the writing short...
...just to read what I've written sooner than later!
it matters...
Thank you, for understanding!
(STANDING UNDER)
KC
Tex

Post by Tex »

Paul could just end the story by releasing it himself. Isn't it fair game now that it's more than 50 years old and unreleased?

He could put it on his own album as long as he pays the EMI mechanical royalties. Right?
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

HOW to lose my interest?
Add the word 'psychedelic'!
Sacraments aren't toys and
soundtracks aren't sacraments!
Odd logic since I'd eat mushrooms anytime!
KC
RaelBass

Post by RaelBass »

Engonoceras wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:51 pm Paul could just end the story by releasing it himself. Isn't it fair game now that it's more than 50 years old and unreleased?

He could put it on his own album as long as he pays the EMI mechanical royalties. Right?
Absoutely right...seeing how much garbage has been released "officially" (What's the new Mary Jane for example) why don't they let us have Carnival of light ?? I hoped that the SuperDeluxe Sgt.Pepper would contain it, but now it's up to Paul, he created it and he can release it whenever he wants!
MontyBeaton

Post by MontyBeaton »

Hello, I´m new here and very happy I found this Forum, it´s like my favorite Candy-Shop with interesting people going in and out.
I love the „Carnival Of Light“ Mystery.
I found an Outfake on a One-CD Bootleg called „Now And Then“, and it is totally different than these other Outfakes you find on yuuutube or elsewhere.
I only found it on this Boot and I have great respect for the person who created this.
The collage has all the ingredients which are mentioned in an article with interviews with Miles, Emerick and Lewisohn on BeatlesBible.com. Even the length of the Outfake is absolutely correct.
There are familiar bits from Strawberry Fields and Sgt. Pepper Songs in that collage, Piano and talking, uncut passages with „Barcelona“ in it which you can find edited on the original „Revolution 9“.
Curious thing is that when the Bootleggers re-issued „Now And Then“ as a Two-CD Version they left off „Carnival Of Sound“, even there are still other Outfakes and Mash-Ups on it. So why not keep this one?
It makes me want to start a new conspiracy named „Paul Is DAD (of Beatle-Avantgarde)“ and he found out that his collage was leaked.
I post the piece here together with another very interesting 50 minutes and 30 seconds callage called „Revolution 9 (The Pain At The Party)“.
It´s fun (as a matter of taste).
Please excuse my amateurish English, I´m from Komm-Gib-Mir-Deine-Hand Land.
I´m really happy to be in this Forum.

hxxps://wetransfer.com/downloads/9b306c ... e=sendgrid
Attachments
TJT 046 Alternate Takes 14 Back.jpg
TJT 046 Alternate Takes 14 Back.jpg (769.24 KiB) Viewed 433 times
TJT 046 Alternate Takes 14 Front and Insert.jpg
TJT 046 Alternate Takes 14 Front and Insert.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 433 times
BeatlesNowAndThen.jpg
BeatlesNowAndThen.jpg (257.94 KiB) Viewed 433 times