Old TV programmes

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
harrythebannister

Re: Old TV programmes

Post by harrythebannister »

This was the very first thing I ever recorded on video tape....my parents had just purchased a Hitachi toploader. I also had a Tube feature on Dezo Hoffman's home movies on the same tape, I seem to remember.
walrus gumboot

Post by walrus gumboot »

Funny thing Memory....somebody told me it was something to do with Dallas, and a young lady called Debbie
harrythebannister

walrus gumboot wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:14 pm Funny thing Memory....somebody told me it was something to do with Dallas, and a young lady called Debbie
No....that was the second one!
Marshfish

Post by Marshfish »

Nimbus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm Here's Paul & Linda on the Noel Edmunds Show in 1983, promoting 'Say, Say, Say'. It's 15 minutes long and not bad quality for the time.

I've seen a truncated version of this on youtube but this is much better quality. Not sure if it's appeared on Beatleg DVD etc but you can't have too much of a good thing. Hope these fill a few gaps in the collection for some of you.

https://tinyurl.com/ys9jwrhb

Does anyone use Shotcut on here ? When I import these into Shotcut to edit out the adverts or do a simple fade in/out, the audio is well out of sync. They play ok in VLC however. I know I can alter the sync settings in Shotcut but the results aren't perfect. Has anyone come across this issue or know why it happens ?

[EDIT]
I think it's to do with variable bit rate and Shotcut allows you convert to a 'edit friendly' version. I'll have a play with it.
Thanks for this, too, Nimbus.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

harrythebannister wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:29 pm This was the very first thing I ever recorded on video tape....my parents had just purchased a Hitachi toploader. I also had a Tube feature on Dezo Hoffman's home movies on the same tape, I seem to remember.
Just for you, here it is. Dezo Hoffman on The Tube from around 1984. 16 minutes long and some lovely early home movie clips of the Beatles goofing around in Weston Super Mare and Sefton Park. If it was exciting to hear bootleg tracks in the early 80's, the chance to see video clips was even rarer (even if Penny Lane was in monochrome). There's a bit of ghosting on the picture I'm afraid so if anyone else has a better copy .....

https://tinyurl.com/e43y2ape
harrythebannister

Thanks Nimbus....I seem to remember this was the first time these home movies had been screened. Either way, it was certainly the first time I had heard of them.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Nimbus wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:19 am
harrythebannister wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:29 pm This was the very first thing I ever recorded on video tape....my parents had just purchased a Hitachi toploader. I also had a Tube feature on Dezo Hoffman's home movies on the same tape, I seem to remember.
Just for you, here it is. Dezo Hoffman on The Tube from around 1984. 16 minutes long and some lovely early home movie clips of the Beatles goofing around in Weston Super Mare and Sefton Park. If it was exciting to hear bootleg tracks in the early 80's, the chance to see video clips was even rarer (even if Penny Lane was in monochrome). There's a bit of ghosting on the picture I'm afraid so if anyone else has a better copy .....

https://tinyurl.com/e43y2ape
Just for the record it wasn't Sefton park, it was Allerton Golf course
http://www.beatlesondvd.com/19601964/19630325-bea.htm
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Another Paul interview. This is the Russell Harty Show from 1984. My VHS copy was missing the last couple of minutes so I tagged on a youtube sourced clip on the end (the youtube versions have edits/cuts because of copyright issues). You'll see the join just before the Frog Chorus clip. I also tagged on a pre-show trailer at the beginning. As with all these old shows, I'm not sure if there are better sources out there, if there is then let us know.

https://tinyurl.com/2dchd7w9
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Nimbus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:39 am Another Paul interview. This is the Russell Harty Show from 1984.
Here are some captures from that appearance.
kontroller

Post by kontroller »

Nimbus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm Here's Paul & Linda on the Noel Edmunds Show in 1983, promoting 'Say, Say, Say'. It's 15 minutes long and not bad quality for the time.
I remember being so excited about this (Paul didn't really do interviews around this time) and then nearly dying of embarrassment while watching it with my parents, it was so excruciating. I don't think I can face watching it again. I seem to recall they were trying to rescue Say Say Say, which was slipping down the UK charts prior to the video being ready; on that basis, it was a very successful appearance.