Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Yellowsubmarine

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 available)

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:10 pm
Alessandro Rocchi wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:12 pm MasterJedi, we must add to this volume 13 "1968-10-02 Honey Pie [take 1 band only]" track which Csnyfan just upload on his csnyfan project thread, isn't it? :geek:
It's cool, isn't it? Probably won't make it into this volume though.
What about the next volume? Are you going to skip January 1969 sessions and start with Abbey Road?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:40 pm What about the next volume? Are you going to skip January 1969 sessions and start with Abbey Road?
No, I'll go in chronological order. The Nagras should really be included considering what I've already included, but I'm not going to take that project on just yet (hoping someone else makes the perfect set so I don't have to).
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:02 pm
Yellowsubmarine wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:40 pm What about the next volume? Are you going to skip January 1969 sessions and start with Abbey Road?
No, I'll go in chronological order. The Nagras should really be included considering what I've already included, but I'm not going to take that project on just yet (hoping someone else makes the perfect set so I don't have to).
Maybe best just to include stuff from multitracks and vintage mixes like Glyn Jones ones and various acetates?
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you so much for Volume 13 - fantastic content and fantastic quality!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

It's really odd, one of these rehearsals snippets of "Sexy Sadie" just sounds like a Rolling Stones rock'in/soul song from the Sticky Fingers era; you can't tell it's "Sexy Sadie"; too bad that this is not longer.
Had the Beatles continued this jam I wonder if they could have made a complete new song.
steepien

Post by steepien »

Here's a list of timestamps for the multitrack segments in the Get Back doc. Not sure if you have something like this already but I thought it could be helpful
hxxps://we.tl/t-7zRRRTa22f
- alex (she/her)
peace and love peace and love <3
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you for this incredible series Master Jedi.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

steepien wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:16 am Here's a list of timestamps for the multitrack segments in the Get Back doc. Not sure if you have something like this already but I thought it could be helpful
hxxps://we.tl/t-7zRRRTa22f
wow, yes, that's very helpful!
burningfool

Post by burningfool »

Thank you so much for all the work you and others have done on this series. I enjoyed listening closely to Volume 13, and it sounds great. There are lots of little surprises throughout, even for those of us who know this material pretty well. After plugging in a few minor bits and pieces for my own enjoyment (that little fragment of the Dear Prudence backing vocal, along with a few post-1968 mixes here and there) I believe this will stand as my reference for this material.

Well done, all. Cheers.
Ants

Post by Ants »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:09 pm All I know for sure is that both are heavily edited to the point that it's anybody's guess what order they go in if they were to be combined. I'd say the SDE is just as chopped up, but probably in the correct order and without extra elements mixed in. For sure the second guitar doesn't belong right there in the RB version, but it's pretty common for Rockband chat to have different elements from different times mixed together. I'm going to leave them as-is because I'd just be guessing if I did anything with them.
It's a mess, as usual. :mrgreen:

The singing and bass playing bit is longer in the Rock Band snippet because the singing is faded out earlier in the SDE.
I don't know why they did that.

I know, it's impossibile to guess the snippets order...