Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
csnyfan

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 12 available)

Post by csnyfan »

Ants wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:52 pm - Cry Baby Cry: I think it's possible to obtain the live master take from the LFE channel of the 5.1 mix, although it lacks vocals (or, better, they're barely audible). I remember csnyfan obtained some tracks from some of these channels (like the coda drums on The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill), so I wonder if the same could be done for Cry Baby Cry.
Ha, that was a fairly low hanging fruit! Authentic pre-bounce live basic track, mixed like like the de-echoed take 1.
1968-07-16 Cry Baby Cry [take 10] csnyfan(SDE5.1)
hxxps://we.tl/t-SpSfwTkqjX
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Apparently also missing:
The Anthology video medley chat snippet "04 Sexy Sadie - unknown take + chat (on PC)", and it now has an identity, too: take 47, 24 July 1968:
SDE wrote:There is little evidence on tape of
tempers becoming frayed during the sessions in 1968, but before take
47 of ‘Sexy Sadie’ George did snap: ‘There’s no point in Mr Martin
being uptight, right? We’re all here to do this. I mean, you’re being
very negative.’ After an unannounced take 48, when their producer
suggested they ‘could do a better one,’ George had calmed down:
‘I’m feeling much better now,’ he said.
Ants

Post by Ants »

csnyfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:23 pm
Ants wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:52 pm - Cry Baby Cry: I think it's possible to obtain the live master take from the LFE channel of the 5.1 mix, although it lacks vocals (or, better, they're barely audible). I remember csnyfan obtained some tracks from some of these channels (like the coda drums on The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill), so I wonder if the same could be done for Cry Baby Cry.
Ha, that was a fairly low hanging fruit! Authentic pre-bounce live basic track, mixed like like the de-echoed take 1.
That's awesome! :D

I wonder if the final vocals were recorded live, or if they were overdubbed... you can hear them in the 5.1 LFE channel, but right now I can't understand if they're the same performance.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Ants wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:36 pm
csnyfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:23 pm
That's awesome! :D

I wonder if the final vocals were recorded live, or if they were overdubbed... you can hear them in the 5.1 LFE channel, but right now I can't understand if they're the same performance.
Same performance, and live! No trace of other vocals' mic bleed onto the guitar track.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Amazing ! Such a tremendous work, you guys ! :o

Will you include all the White For Fun mixes ? Such as the reconstructed full end (you called it "Cold-is" of While My Guitar Gently Weeps ?)
Because these are pure gems.

Regarding "Let It Be", I have the intuition that maybe (which would explain the different key/chord of the song) that this was played by Paul and improvised then polished during a coda, or "in between" sessions of "Hey Jude" (like Las Vegas Tune); but we don't work with intuition here. :oops:

May I ask why the horns overdubs of "For No One" was not added to the Revolver set ?
And a few mixes done by csnyfan was not included.
The horns are perfectly isolated (apparently Valkyrie set "Deep Cut vol.1") used the D.Atmos source.
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

csnyfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:07 pm
Actually, what if this is from the session that produced takes 1 and 2? That has harmonium and clicking percussion, too. I think that is much more likely.
Maybe just call it "take unknown"?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

CultTVman wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:19 am
Actually, what if this is from the session that produced takes 1 and 2? That has harmonium and clicking percussion, too. I think that is much more likely.
I'm more of the opinion that Let It Be is take 40, Lady Madonna is the unknown take, if the SDE notes are to be believed about Let It Be being the ad lib, and with Barrett calling the ad lib take 40.
Last edited by masterjedi on Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:17 pm Will you include all the White For Fun mixes ?
Not all of them. Only if they are nearly perfectly artifact-free. And not overdubs by themselves that we already have in the common versions. This isn't a compilation of multitracks, that's outside the scope of this project. As fun, surprising, and informative as they can be when you strip back the other instruments, they won't all make the cut.

If you feel I'm missing any unique elements not in the common versions, any takes in a previous state that are free from artifacts, or (my favorite) unique mixes of the era, I will gladly include them.

White Album Fun is already a great release on its own, no need to include everything here. Same goes for Lord Reith's stuff. Necessary, but not always within the scope of this project.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

masterjedi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:02 am
CultTVman wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:19 am
I'm more of the opinion that Let It Be is take 40, Lady Madonna is the unknown take, if the SDE notes are to be believed about Let It Be being the ad lib, and with Barrett calling the ad lib take 40.
What do you think about moving the Lady Madonna take to the demo session with acoustic, harmonium and percussion?
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

1968-08-13 Sexy Sadie [take 107 + lead vocal overdubs] csnyfan(SDE5.1)
hxxps://we.tl/t-JKTvrgoRTc