(OUTDATED) Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
ted

Re: Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Post by ted »

CD-R blanks at the ready!

:D
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

iPanggo,
cant help looking forward to it!! :D
iPanggo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:00 pm UPDATE 18/11/2023

Everything until the 29th is finished. Only rooftop and the 31st remain.
As always, these last days are revolutionary, thanks to cliftdean74's rips of the original (and probably rare) no-Purple-Dog-fake Day By Day series, you can hear the last Apple days in full lossless quality! (well, at least the A Camera).
Other than a few improved edits, I also noticed that Roll 527A (from the 28th) is actually a bit longer, containing some new audio that never showed up before.
Hoping to complete all of the audio by the end of the year.
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

UPDATE 09/12/2023

The audio has been completed.
The 31st is crystal clear and Rooftop is the longest and most accurate reconstruction so far. The 2022 Rooftop release was used (with a nice remaster to get rid of the dark and muddy sound).
Rooftop has 2 edits: a main reconstruction, with as much uninterrupted audio as possible, and a separate cameras edit, presenting the raw camera rolls and also integrating the few snippets present in the Get Back documentary, which have new audio that belong to some unbootlegged rolls.

Here's what will happen now: I'll do some slight revisions to the whole thing, including track names, and swapping some rolls with cliftdean74's new rips (to make sure everything is glitchless). After that, work will finally start with the included booklet, artwork and extras. We have no idea on how much time will be spent on those, if it turns out to be way to much, I'll do what Rui suggested: the set will be released regardless, and an added booklet/extras will come out later.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
etidel

Post by etidel »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

GREAT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

So is it safe to say you consider this to be a complete replacement/improvement upon A/B Road / New Blue Soap? Or does it fulfill a different role?
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

Tolvo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:26 pm So is it safe to say you consider this to be a complete replacement/improvement upon A/B Road / New Blue Soap? Or does it fulfill a different role?
Yeah, I always thought of this as an improved set, fixing all of the oddities, errors and "outdatedness" of the previous stuff.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

iPanggo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:57 pm
Tolvo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:26 pm So is it safe to say you consider this to be a complete replacement/improvement upon A/B Road / New Blue Soap? Or does it fulfill a different role?
Yeah, I always thought of this as an improved set, fixing all of the oddities, errors and "outdatedness" of the previous stuff.
It's my understanding that "Watching Rainbows" is going to incorporate non-nagra material as well, correct? Making it completely different in scope to the other projects. "A/B Road" collated all unique audio from the nagra rolls to create an accurate representation of each day's output without overlap (some from A and some from B.) New Blue Soap is a stereo collection comprised of both the A and B rolls. And if you're looking for the complete unadulterated nagra rolls (camera sync beeps and all) the best way to hear those is obviously Yellow Dog's Day By Day series and Unicorn's B Roll sets. So I think depending on what "experience" you're looking for all of these collections are quite different. It's nice to have them all available to us. A lot of people put in a lot of time, effort and energy to create these sets. Very much looking forward to "Watching Rainbows."
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:44 pm
iPanggo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:57 pm
It's my understanding that "Watching Rainbows" is going to incorporate non-nagra material as well, correct? Making it completely different in scope to the other projects. "A/B Road" collated all unique audio from the nagra rolls to create an accurate representation of each day's output without overlap (some from A and some from B.) New Blue Soap is a stereo collection comprised of both the A and B rolls. And if you're looking for the complete unadulterated nagra rolls (camera sync beeps and all) the best way to hear those is obviously Yellow Dog's Day By Day series and Unicorn's B Roll sets. So I think depending on what "experience" you're looking for all of these collections are quite different. It's nice to have them all available to us. A lot of people put in a lot of time, effort and energy to create these sets. Very much looking forward to "Watching Rainbows."
Correct! (well, A/B Road used multitracks too sometimes). The way to see it is that mine is not a Nagra reconstruction, but a full Get Back reconstruction. And also because, to not miss anything and have a proper new numbering, you need at least some multitrack stuff.
Golem

Post by Golem »

It seems like its more of a composite than a replacement