It's The Beatles 1963 Reconstruction

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
silver_2000

Re: It's The Beatles 1963 Reconstruction

Post by silver_2000 »

WOA76 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:10 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:20 am
silver_2000 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:16 pm Hey I hope you see this, just realized something mid editing money, syncing the video source to your full concert source, whats the reasoning behind the video source sounding higher quality then the full concert source?
Things just seem cleaner, the vocals seem to pop a lot more. The same thing happens in Melbourne 64, where the video source audio is higher quality then the full concert audio source.
The full concert is recorded from the original tv broadcast. How exactly he did that without receiving a lethal electric shock is up for debate. But the tv audio back then was AM and not as good quality as the videotape itself.
""""The full concert is recorded from the original tv broadcast. How exactly he did that without receiving a lethal electric shock is up for debate. But the tv audio back then was AM and not as good quality as the videotape itself.""

I agree about lethal electric shock but I DO KNOW in '60s people wired right into the TV to get Doctor Who perfectly This is called " crystal clear recordings" with Doctor Who people, one guy Gramham Strong recorded on Reel to Reel from 1964-1969/70 so it possibly a lot of others did this also only ones I know of are DW people as i have few them...

Most of these fan audio recordings were done crudely, basically just putting the microphone of a cassette recorder next to their TV speakers. The quality depended massively on the tuning of their TVs and the ambient sound in the area - several First Doctor stories in particular suffer from this. There is one big exception: the infamous "crystal clear recordings" made by Graham Strong.

Graham Strong's crystal clear recordings are something of a legend among Doctor Who fans who are passionate about the missing episodes.

Unlike most Doctor Who fans who were recording the audio of episodes, including (among other people) Doctor Who Magazine writer and early superfan Richard Landen and (of course) Ian Levine,
Strong managed to avoid external noise by connecting his Philips EL3548 tape recorder directly to his television via audio cable.

This method had the rather dangerous effect of potentially causing the tape recorder to be live - Strong had to be careful when constructing the setup to not let the tape recorder connect with the ground, and it's honestly kind of a miracle that he managed to record in this way without accidentally electrocuting himself.

Strong's [ http://www.gstrong.co.uk/drwho.html] collection of crystal clear recordings spans from episode 8 of "The Daleks' Master Plan" in late 1965 to episode 5 of "The Dominators" in 1968. There are some significant gaps - he never recorded episode 11 of "Master Plan" due to not being home at the time, and he erased the mostly missing story "The Celestial Toymaker" due to not liking that story. The crystal clear recordings also don't include most reprises from previous episodes or the opening and closing credits - he used the lowest recording speed possible (1 7/8 inches/second) and made these cuts in order to fit an astonishing 32 episodes onto each 7-inch reel of tape, which allowed him to actually record all these episodes on his very limited teenage budget. Still, for most missing episodes, the Strong recordings are the primary source heard by Doctor Who fans to this day.

hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/sq ... ctor_whos/

Also his webpage http://www.gstrong.co.uk/drwho.htm show photos of the reel to reels he used starting 1964
Look at London Palldium 1964, that is just a microphone up to tv speakers, and is far far worse quality then this Liverpool 63 recording.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Yup I recall hearing years ago it could use clean-up AI
Wasn't there a Royal Variety Performance TV mic also ???

Thank You for doing this project because so cut up that even one forgets about it to bad those guys like Dr. Who didn't tape The Beatle but thanks to Dr. Who we have Ticket To Ride with all the shots could YOU recreate it in full

There copy of Marco Polo from DW sounded like it was 10 Gen from original audio and it was mic recording and i STILL tried hearing it going omg I listen this sound shit but wow HAHA

The BBC Wip effected SO MAY things look the tape sound found last year or earlier this year of them on TV show

I wonder any Beatles fans p[ointed 8mm to screen and record stuff that be a neat find
Chris
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

stereoman33 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:37 am TV sound was fm mono quality
In fact the FM band is a small section of the entireTV band!
No idea why youd think it was bad am sound

Easy to get a line out on a tv.
The later 625 system on BBC2 used FM sound but prior to that the picture was 405 lines and the sound was amplitude modulated. That's why on all the old tv recordings you usually hear loud clicks, buzzes and other noises as it was just as succeptible to interference as AM radio (although it had a wider frequency response).
WOA76 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:10 pm"

I agree about lethal electric shock but I DO KNOW in '60s people wired right into the TV to get Doctor Who perfectly This is called " crystal clear recordings" with Doctor Who people, one guy Gramham Strong recorded on Reel to Reel from 1964-1969/70 so it possibly a lot of others did this also only ones I know of are DW people as i have few them...
Well Graham's recordings are actually a good example of what I'm talking about. I knew Graham, and he explained that he used to record the audios at first by putting a microphone in front of the television. Then he thought he might get better quality by tapping into the TV circuitry BUT...

...happily for us (and himself) Graham had a background in electronics and knew that all those old tvs had what is called a "live chassis" meaning that the metal framework housing the circuitry as well as parts of the circuit board itself were connected to the active pin of the mains rather than (as was later the case) the earth. I can't remember quite how he solved this problem but I do remember him saying that he tried connecting the chassis of his tape recorder to the neutral pin instead of earth and immediately the house fuses blew! He might have used a small audio isolation transformer. Anyway, he somehow figured out a way to do this. If he hadn't known, then the moment he switched on the tv and touched the recorder he'd have received a lethal electric shock... and the BBC wouldn't have raked in millions of pounds from all those missing episode soundtracks! :lol:

The design began to change circa the late 70s after which you could tap into the volume control of the tv without any extra precautions (although an unplugged CRT tv set can still hold enough potential in the picture tube to throw you across the room if you touch the wrong part).
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

WOA76 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:47 pm Yup I recall hearing years ago it could use clean-up AI

Thank You for doing this project because so cut up that even one forgets about it to bad those guys like Dr. Who didn't tape The Beatle but thanks to Dr. Who we have Ticket To Ride with all the shots could YOU recreate it in full

There copy of Marco Polo from DW sounded like it was 10 Gen from original audio and it was mic recording and i STILL tried hearing it going omg I listen this sound shit but wow HAHA

The BBC Wip effected SO MAY things look the tape sound found last year or earlier this year of them on TV show

I wonder any Beatles fans p[ointed 8mm to screen and record stuff that be a neat find
Top Of The Pops have a few things like that, kids recording off the screen, I think Top Of The Pops, from 64 has two camera to screen recordings, one is pretty good, pretty good for what it is, the other one is quite worse, but has some bonus footage not on other source.. Their is also some home recordings form their 1966 appearance..

Speaking of a.i, I attempted to clean it up using a.i as well as messing with it in Audition, the best I could get it, sounds shitty, but more clear then the OG recording.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:34 am
WOA76 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:47 pm Yup I recall hearing years ago it could use clean-up AI

Top Of The Pops have a few things like that, kids recording off the screen, I think Top Of The Pops, from 64 has two camera to screen recordings, one is pretty good, pretty good for what it is, the other one is quite worse, but has some bonus footage not on other source.. Their is also some home recordings form their 1966 appearance..

Speaking of a.i, I attempted to clean it up using a.i as well as messing with it in Audition, the best I could get it, sounds shitty, but more clear then the OG recording.
WOW big improvement well for copy i had it so muddy and can not hear them wow keep up fab work Sir
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:09 am
stereoman33 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:37 am TV sound was fm mono quality
In fact the FM band is a small section of the entireTV band!
No idea why youd think it was bad am sound

Easy to get a line out on a tv.
The later 625 system on BBC2 used FM sound but prior to that the picture was 405 lines and the sound was amplitude modulated. That's why on all the old tv recordings you usually hear loud clicks, buzzes and other noises as it was just as succeptible to interference as AM radio (although it had a wider frequency response).
WOA76 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:10 pm"

Well Graham's recordings are actually a good example of what I'm talking about. I knew Graham, and he explained that he used to record the audios at first by putting a microphone in front of the television. Then he thought he might get better quality by tapping into the TV circuitry BUT...

...happily for us (and himself) Graham had a background in electronics and knew that all those old tvs had what is called a "live chassis" meaning that the metal framework housing the circuitry as well as parts of the circuit board itself were connected to the active pin of the mains rather than (as was later the case) the earth. I can't remember quite how he solved this problem but I do remember him saying that he tried connecting the chassis of his tape recorder to the neutral pin instead of earth and immediately the house fuses blew! He might have used a small audio isolation transformer. Anyway, he somehow figured out a way to do this. If he hadn't known, then the moment he switched on the tv and touched the recorder he'd have received a lethal electric shock... and the BBC wouldn't have raked in millions of pounds from all those missing episode soundtracks! :lol:

The design began to change circa the late 70s after which you could tap into the volume control of the tv without any extra precautions (although an unplugged CRT tv set can still hold enough potential in the picture tube to throw you across the room if you touch the wrong part).
Those recording he did are amzing to point that some his audio better then audio on the film copy they had BBC and it because there tele recordings

VERY unlikely anyone beside him did this as i said be nice Beatles stufff

One thing BBC did a lot that was neat they broadcast part show on TV and other on the radio you get stereo image I THINK they did this with Rolling Stones and I recall reading that there were even Quad recordings from the 70s that broadcast sadly lot this early way sound is gone for me fact people are uploading those Edison wax cones alone is SAME as both you others doing perving history thank you both :)

Who knew when i recorded Lennon demo of CBC radio that one longest clip i just did cause thought cool now on here for all to enjoy lest I could do
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

silver_2000 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:34 am

THIS footage :)
http://wogew.blogspot.com/2015/06/lost- ... erges.html
Chris
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

WOA76 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:03 pm Who knew when i recorded Lennon demo of CBC radio that one longest clip i just did cause thought cool now on here for all to enjoy lest I could do
What Lennon demo?
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

WOA76 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:09 pm THIS footage :)
http://wogew.blogspot.com/2015/06/lost- ... erges.html
We moved, so better version here: https://webgrafikk.com/blog/uncategoriz ... e-emerges/
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

beatlesondvd wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:23 am
WOA76 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:03 pm Who knew when i recorded Lennon demo of CBC radio that one longest clip i just did cause thought cool now on here for all to enjoy lest I could do
What Lennon demo?
In April I uploaded that she said she said demo that I taped it’s here in the group
Chris