Old TV programmes

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

Re: Old TV programmes

Post by Lord Reith »

Aw come on guys, SOMEONE must remember! I think it may have had to do with Broad Street? He was on location filming somewhere, there was a horse and he was feeding the horse an apple or something and having a conversation.

Besides, Mr Ed was Ed Sullivan. ;)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ashwom1

Post by ashwom1 »

Nimbus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:39 am From ballet to classical. Here's Paul with Ghosts of the Past * which features the making of the Liverpool Oratorio from 1991. Seems like yesterday but it's 30 years ago ...... :o

https://tinyurl.com/3w3tesdr

* No horses were talked to in the making of this programme ;)
Thanks Nimbus I've been looking for this for years. I met Paul and Linda during rehearsals for this (6 April 1991) at the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool. Fab.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Here's George from 1985. It's a BBC Newsnight item about Handmade Films and features a George interview and a few clips from some of the films made by Handmade. My copy was missing the intro so I borrowed this from another source - you'll probably see the join at 3:20. Hope it's new to some of you.

https://tinyurl.com/725ewtjb
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Nimbus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 pm Here's George from 1985. It's a BBC Newsnight item about Handmade Films and features a George interview and a few clips from some of the films made by Handmade. My copy was missing the intro so I borrowed this from another source - you'll probably see the join at 3:20. Hope it's new to some of you.

https://tinyurl.com/725ewtjb
Here are some captures from that interview.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Thanks... I remember recording this back in the 80’s but I lived at home with my parents at the time and their TV Ariel was useless and much of my recordings had terrible ghosting. Fortunately, I have managed to get upgrades over the years.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Here's Paul & Linda on the Noel Edmunds Show in 1983, promoting 'Say, Say, Say'. It's 15 minutes long and not bad quality for the time.

I've seen a truncated version of this on youtube but this is much better quality. Not sure if it's appeared on Beatleg DVD etc but you can't have too much of a good thing. Hope these fill a few gaps in the collection for some of you.

https://tinyurl.com/ys9jwrhb

Does anyone use Shotcut on here ? When I import these into Shotcut to edit out the adverts or do a simple fade in/out, the audio is well out of sync. They play ok in VLC however. I know I can alter the sync settings in Shotcut but the results aren't perfect. Has anyone come across this issue or know why it happens ?

[EDIT]
I think it's to do with variable bit rate and Shotcut allows you convert to a 'edit friendly' version. I'll have a play with it.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Nimbus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm Here's Paul & Linda on the Noel Edmunds Show in 1983, promoting 'Say, Say, Say'.
And here are a few captures for reference.
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Nimbus!
Ale.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Nimbus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm Here's Paul & Linda on the Noel Edmunds Show in 1983, promoting 'Say, Say, Say'. It's 15 minutes long and not bad quality for the time.

I've seen a truncated version of this on youtube but this is much better quality. Not sure if it's appeared on Beatleg DVD etc but you can't have too much of a good thing. Hope these fill a few gaps in the collection for some of you.

https://tinyurl.com/ys9jwrhb
I recorded this from the TV back on 29 October 1983 when I was 13. I transfered it to DVD a while back and it's on my 'Mark Jones Beatles Video Collection Vol.6'. This isn't my source though as it's about half a second longer at the start. Mine is 15:32 in length compared to the 15:21 this version is. All that's missing from this clip is some of the credits at the end but the missing part is just clips from the 'Say Say Say' promo. This ends just as the camera leaves Paul & Linda.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 am I recorded this from the TV back on 29 October 1983 when I was 13. I transfered it to DVD a while back and it's on my 'Mark Jones Beatles Video Collection Vol.6'. This isn't my source though as it's about half a second longer at the start. Mine is 15:32 in length compared to the 15:21 this version is. All that's missing from this clip is some of the credits at the end but the missing part is just clips from the 'Say Say Say' promo. This ends just as the camera leaves Paul & Linda.
Good to see you on the new forum. While you were busy taping in Manchester, I was just up the road in Hyde. These uploads were recorded by myself so are an alternative source to what's out there already. They may be better or worse quality but some members may not have seen them before, especially those outside the UK (as most of these are BBC, ITV, Channel 4 etc). I'll check out your DVD's though before posting more.