Anyone else use the 'BEATLEMANIA! Film & Video Archives' in the 80s?

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Sheldi

Re: Anyone else use the 'BEATLEMANIA! Film & Video Archives' in the 80s?

Post by Sheldi »

I bought a couple of videos from this guy, around 1990. I don't recall a compile-your-own option, you just got set compilations. I got a 3 hour promo comp and also an Ed Sullivan comp. He added the Intertels to the Sullivan tape as a freebie for me: he wanted to field test the recordings or something.

I met someone called Dave at a Beatles Appreciation course run at a local college. He was well-in with all the bootleggers, so he said, and he was saying how Stuart had ruffled feathers among the community by making available stuff that his fellow dealers preferred to keep back for whatever reason.

The guy running the course wrote Drive My Car with/for Alf Bicknell, and then had Alf claim sole authorship.

I wonder where Stuart, Dave et al are now.
beatlesaint

Post by beatlesaint »

harrythebannister wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:20 pm Who remembers BVL? Which was run by Keith Badman. I used to get a ton of stuff from him in the late 80's/ early 90's in exactly the same way. Compile your own Video.
He used to sell bootleg vinyl too of which I got the 13 Beeb sets on Beeb Transcription plus a load of Lost Lennon's.
His archive was huge! I remember a 30 volume VHS set called "Flowers" compiled from TV footage and live stuff from Macca's World Tour at the time.
Naturally I purchased the lot...still got them!
Oh yes, used to buy from Keith a lot back then. I remember buying the first video footage of George's 1992 Albert Hall gig from him.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

beatlesaint wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:18 am
harrythebannister wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:20 pm Who remembers BVL? Which was run by Keith Badman. I used to get a ton of stuff from him in the late 80's/ early 90's in exactly the same way. Compile your own Video.
He used to sell bootleg vinyl too of which I got the 13 Beeb sets on Beeb Transcription plus a load of Lost Lennon's.
His archive was huge! I remember a 30 volume VHS set called "Flowers" compiled from TV footage and live stuff from Macca's World Tour at the time.
Oh yes, used to buy from Keith a lot back then. I remember buying the first video footage of George's 1992 Albert Hall gig from him.
Ohh I would like to see some VHS Artwork from that era! :D
joguema

Post by joguema »

I met Keith Badman on a Beatles convention in Hamburg in 1988 and I bought from him:
Live in London, Document Records, rectangle shaped picture disc

beatlesaint

Post by beatlesaint »

astronaut wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:51 pm
beatlesaint wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:18 am
Ohh I would like to see some VHS Artwork from that era! :D
If i remember correctly a lot of his stuff was in a standard "The Beatles Collection" black and white photocopied cover with your selection of clips written on the back. Some were custom made but most like ive described.
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

I personally didn't use this since.. well for starters, I wasn't even born at that time..

This is a very interesting share. I think I even see some stuff I haven't seen on the list.. Really cool!
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

I was such a regular at Keith's he even gave me advance cassette copies of "Not For Sale" and the first few "Unsurpassed Masters"! He seemed to have access to everything....
Purple Chick

Post by Purple Chick »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:26 am In 1988, after finding myself hooked on buying bootlegs and getting unreleased recordings, I decided to expand my Beatles collection by getting some of this rare video I'd been reading about in various places. So I answered an ad in Beatles Monthly and received a catalogue from the 'BEATLEMANIA! Film & Video Archives' based in Uckfield in East Sussex...

So, does anyone else remember this outfit? Anyone remember placing an order?
Wow... that's where I got my first Beatles video from. I might have got a whole bunch of audio too... or was that from someone else...?
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

Are the LIB Outtakes the Kum Back tape?
maccafan1

Post by maccafan1 »

I bought a couple of VHS from ads but soon stopped as were awful mostly