Whisky Flat concert - Philadelphia '64 or not?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
yosi

Re: Whisky Flat concert - Philadelphia '64 or not?

Post by yosi »

Thank you, MP3J!

Now.... are we certain they are the same person's voice?
Doug

Post by Doug »

About 15 seconds before "Twist And Shout," John says "Hello," and in the background Paul says "Hello, Philly, hello, hello." It's not very distinct, so I can see why different people would hear different things.

All of the Philadelphia footage I have is silent, so if someone synched the audio and it doesn't match, they could just have synched it incorrectly.
rogerwhatdidyoudo

Post by rogerwhatdidyoudo »

Doug wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:08 pm About 15 seconds before "Twist And Shout," John says "Hello," and in the background Paul says "Hello, Philly, hello, hello." It's not very distinct, so I can see why different people would hear different things.

All of the Philadelphia footage I have is silent, so if someone synched the audio and it doesn't match, they could just have synched it incorrectly.
There are some differences between the footage and the audio that can't be explained with a wrong sync, as I tried to do here.

No Bozos

Post by No Bozos »

Is there any film footage from the Atlantic City show? Maybe attempting to sync the Whiskey Flats/Philly audio with Atlantic City film could reveal something. Also, I assume they only played one show in Philadelphia in 1964? My "Chronicles" book isn't handy at the moment.
rogerwhatdidyoudo

Post by rogerwhatdidyoudo »

No Bozos wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:42 pm Is there any film footage from the Atlantic City show? Maybe attempting to sync the Whiskey Flats/Philly audio with Atlantic City film could reveal something. Also, I assume they only played one show in Philadelphia in 1964? My "Chronicles" book isn't handy at the moment.
There is a film from Atlantic City, but not quite usable in this case. Also there was just one Philadelphia show.