Flaming Pie 6 track Sampler

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Maccawings

Flaming Pie 6 track Sampler

Post by Maccawings »

Hey Gang,

Looking to see if anyone may have the very rare Flaming Pie 6 track Sampler to share. The 3 track is circulating but the 6 track has remained elusive. The jewel on this sampler is "Beautiful Night" prior to the orchestra over dubs. Know it's a long shot but if it were anywhere, I figured here might have a decent chance
Rickenbacker325

Re: Flaming Pie 6 track Sampler

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

I hereby second this motion….
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

I have heard that one and it is not pre-overdubs; the strings, horns and choir are definitely present, but mixed waaay back.

Dave in Nashville
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

Davenicks wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:54 pm I have heard that one and it is not pre-overdubs; the strings, horns and choir are definitely present, but mixed waaay back.

Dave in Nashville
Hey Dave,
According to Chip Madinger's book (EIght Arms To Hold You) "A rough mix (A5) which features the backing prior to the orchestral overdubs was included on the Capitol "executive" tape and has not been bootlegged to date. I hear Chip has this nugget but is keeping it to himself
McCharmly

Post by McCharmly »

Davenicks wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:54 pm I have heard that one and it is not pre-overdubs; the strings, horns and choir are definitely present, but mixed waaay back.

Dave in Nashville
That would be impossible as the cassette was distributed prior to the recording of the orchestral overdubs on February 14, 1997.
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

McCharmly wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:36 pm

Dave in Nashville
That would be impossible as the cassette was distributed prior to the recording of the orchestral overdubs on February 14, 1997.
Someone's info is off. Is there another 6-track Flaming Pie Sampler cassette?
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

I checked my notes. The orchestral overdubs were done at Abbey Road on Feb 14, 1997 according to the Paul McCartney Project; The label on the dub of the 6-song cassette I heard indicated it was copied in real time on a chrome cassette with Dolby B by Tracey Jackson at Abbey Road on March 24, 1997. Not sure how that's impossible unless one of these dates is off.

Dave in Nashville