Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 8 available now)

Post by masterjedi »

Also, Doug lists the Rain bassline from McCartney 3, 2, 1 as unique, but it is just seconds 10-19 and 25-28 of the common version.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Also, Doug lists the Rain bassline from McCartney 3, 2, 1 as unique, but it is just seconds 10-19 and 25-28 of the common version. So, I guess it's just the early mono mix of Yellow Submarine from As It Happened, Baby that I missed.
mikec

Post by mikec »

Thank you for your effort and for sharing.
Regarding Volume 8 and things that I didn't write in my review, now I have a suspicion that the supposed Take 4 of “I Want To Tell You” is fake (same as Rain fast version with bass overdub, etc etc).
Giles tried to respect the 39 seconds that the actual Take 4 apparently lasted, however he forgot something: the bass overdub -recorded a day later- was the last thing done onto Take 3, chosen for all overdubs, however at end of the supposed Take 4 we can hear that suddenly the take is truncated and the only instrument that can be heard is a bass, making it appear that the take had been interrupted (mysteriously the drums, piano and guitar go silent at the same time, except a bass note- an instrument not heard during the previous seconds of this breakdown take by the way and not part of the original backing track during this session)
If you check the frequencies in Audacity you can clearly see the edit. And don't forget that all subsequent dialogue comes from Take 15, not Take 4, so maybe it should be separated into separate tracks.
regards
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

mikec wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:48 am Thank you for your effort and for sharing.
Regarding Volume 8 and things that I didn't write in my review, now I have a suspicion that the supposed Take 4 of “I Want To Tell You” is fake (same as Rain fast version with bass overdub, etc etc).
Giles tried to respect the 39 seconds that the actual Take 4 apparently lasted, however he forgot something: the bass overdub -recorded a day later- was the last thing done onto Take 3, chosen for all overdubs, however at end of the supposed Take 4 we can hear that suddenly the take is truncated and the only instrument that can be heard is a bass, making it appear that the take had been interrupted (mysteriously the drums, piano and guitar go silent at the same time, except a bass note- an instrument not heard during the previous seconds of this breakdown take by the way and not part of the original backing track during this session)
If you check the frequencies in Audacity you can clearly see the edit. And don't forget that all subsequent dialogue comes from Take 15, not Take 4, so maybe it should be separated into separate tracks.
regards
They were also in the habit of recording rehearsals first then rewinding the tape and recording formal takes. I've found lots of fragments of rehearsal recordings by normalizing silent gaps of session tapes in Audacity. If you want more unreleased fragments than have ever been bootlegged, happy hunting. Sometimes you can even get conversations you never even knew were there in the silent gaps between takes.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:24 amI've found lots of fragments of rehearsal recordings by normalizing silent gaps of session tapes in Audacity. If you want more unreleased fragments than have ever been bootlegged, happy hunting. Sometimes you can even get conversations you never even knew were there in the silent gaps between takes.
This sounds like a perfect type of thing for a fan release!

If you don't intend to do that, can you be more specific about exactly where to find these gaps (ie, SDE's or particular boots, etc.)?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:57 am
Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:24 amI've found lots of fragments of rehearsal recordings by normalizing silent gaps of session tapes in Audacity. If you want more unreleased fragments than have ever been bootlegged, happy hunting. Sometimes you can even get conversations you never even knew were there in the silent gaps between takes.

If you don't intend to do that, can you be more specific about exactly where to find these gaps (ie, SDE's or particular boots, etc.)?
It would be, except there's none we don't already know about.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

mikec wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:48 am Thank you for your effort and for sharing.
regards
Agreed. The whole track on the SDE is highly manufactured (from like 8 different pieces). On the next version, I'll have them separated into takes 1, 4, and 15, but there are more edits (including the tacked-on bass note you mention) that I'll leave where they are because I don't know where else to put them. :|
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

masterjedi wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:07 pm

Everyone can do it on most session tape bootlegs, normalize the silent gaps that look like there's no sound there at all. There will 20% of the time be talk, count ins or what was originally on the reel to reel before being recorded over if rehearsals were recorded first. Also if you take short bits at a time of reels rewinding and fastforwarding you can find some fragments of unbootlegged material as well, like the Sexy Sadie tape that has f*ck a Duckie on it. The fast forwarding slowed down gives portions of jams and takes not at normal speed. It's not a lot but it is not the same as surrounding material.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:43 am

Everyone can do it on most session tape bootlegs, normalize the silent gaps that look like there's no sound there at all. There will 20% of the time be talk, count ins or what was originally on the reel to reel before being recorded over if rehearsals were recorded first. Also if you take short bits at a time of reels rewinding and fastforwarding you can find some fragments of unbootlegged material as well, like the Sexy Sadie tape that has f*ck a Duckie on it. The fast forwarding slowed down gives portions of jams and takes not at normal speed. It's not a lot but it is not the same as surrounding material.
The recorded tape rewinds are one thing, and while fixing the playback speed is doable, the quality will be abysmal at best.

Amplifying the tape noise already was a silly concept the last time you brought it up. In most cases, I would expect any residual signal to be magnetic print-through of the next tape round from long storage on a tape spool. That means, nothing new.

Extraordinary claims ask for extraordinary evidence. You'll have to prove there is something 'new' to the silent noise sections, not vice versa. Compare what you find to what is known from the tape and then we're talking.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

csnyfan wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:02 am
Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:43 am

The recorded tape rewinds are one thing, and while fixing the playback speed is doable, the quality will be abysmal at best.

Amplifying the tape noise already was a silly concept the last time you brought it up. In most cases, I would expect any residual signal to be magnetic print-through of the next tape round from long storage on a tape spool. That means, nothing new.

Extraordinary claims ask for extraordinary evidence. You'll have to prove there is something 'new' to the silent noise sections, not vice versa. Compare what you find to what is known from the tape and then we're talking.
Um, you are referring to the early stages of uncovering the material. We've expanded to a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania building where we have 20 people working on demixing and upgrading and matching the sound quality to match with the sound to surrounding audio of everything while demixing that into stereo as well. Shooting for a stereo version of a longer Sexy Sadie session tape matching the monitor mix tape by April. Might present a 40 second Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds reheasal recording by February. with a three stage example of 'how wrong' you claim I am. LOL. By the way - My group Bio Factory has slowly released it's third single Bored Games on all the digital music sites this week. Our second album is halfway finished. Our first album When Worlds Collide from last year is still available on all digital download sites as well. along with three EP's and other singles.