Adobe Podcast - Audio Upgrading AI

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
moptophugger

Adobe Podcast - Audio Upgrading AI

Post by moptophugger »

This is a very interesting website which upgrades audio. It sounds very incredible, here is a sampler using a John Lennon interview!

hoops://we.tl/t-Bq3H0Z6rkW

Very interesting! Sadly it does remove some detail and is mostly used for podcasts/interviews but this is very interesting still and will be useful for some!

Here is the site for those interested!!! - https://podcast.adobe.com/enhance#
dascottjr

Re: Adobe Podcast - Audio Upgrading AI

Post by dascottjr »

Astonishing!!!
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Quite a find! Thanks for posting.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Well, boys, it looks like the future is here.

This is track one of the Beatles' open-end interview for A Hard Day's Night. First track unprocessed, second track with AI. As Ed Sullivan never said, "America, judge for yourself."

hxxps://we.tl/t-64NF7Ei4MM

The AI did upsample the audio to 48K, but I resampled it back to 44.1.

I've just sent it some of The Little Girl Tape on a whim, and you would not believe the difference. It changes drastically from a noisy, distant cassette recording to a you-are-there kind of thing, although I think the AI is doing some damage to some of the words. Either the girls have really thick accents, or they are getting mashed by the algorithm, I'm not sure, but mostly I can understand them fine, but some of it sounds like gibberish. I'll have to listen to it louder tomorrow, it's 4 AM here. But this tool could be an outstanding breakthrough in background noise elimination without affecting the intelligibility of speech on top of it. I'm sort of gobsmacked. I need to look into this some more.
Last edited by mojofilter on Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Quite incredible results! Insanely good reconstruction of the lost high frequency content!
naturalkatsup

Post by naturalkatsup »

interesting stuff to me, but it recreates the voice than upsampling/upscaling it. ive seen attempts where it came back with garbled messes that vaguely resembled paul and john

i think its also worth noting it isnt the best with vocals meant for music, ive tried the free as a bird demo and paul simons "me and julio down by the schoolyard"'s vocals with it and it struggled HARD :roll:

perhaps the engineers behind MAL could attempt a voice upscaling model without having to recreate the vocal tone of the speaker, but thats just wishful thinking :P